Trimstones Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with my right foot with that lovely friend, plantar fasciitis this week. I wish he would just GO AWAY! So, rather than getting out and doing lots of walking, I'll have to somewhat take it easy this weekend...I have been pushing myself, but I am REALLY getting into walking more and just loving it. I wish I could experience for five minutes what 50 pounds down from now will feel like...I just know it's going to be glorious...

This week's luncheon was nice at work and I kept control. Yesterday's Chinese food has me a little swollen this morning and my foot on top of that...I'm not a very happy camper today, but trying to make the best of it...I've gotten up, showered, dressed and getting ready to head to the grocery. This upcoming week is Thanksgiving for us in the US. I'm not cooking...so I'll likely go out and pick something up. There will be a few choices, but today, I want to make sure I pick up some baked chicken from the grocery deli. It makes my life simpler and with all the extra work I've been doing at work, it's easier if all I have to do is steam some veggies and reheat the chicken for my dinner meals.

I've made the decision to stop teaching piano. After 23 years of teaching, I am looking forward to closing that chapter of my life. Don't get me wrong, I have loved every minute of it, but now, in my free time after my day job, I want to concentrate on me...walking, working towards my fitness and weight loss goals, reading, playing piano FOR ME and not others...looking forward to what this new chapter brings. Will be really hard to tell my current families and to announce it on my FB studio page though...not looking forward to that part...but life goes on...

OK, off to the store...enjoy your day all!
    Jessica

a80lrjqlu4br.jpg
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP
    Weigh-in (Sat)
    PW: 133.4
    CW: 133.8
    Not much change weight- wise.

Steps update
    11/16 - 7194
    11/17- 5261
    11/18- 7184
    11/19 - 6914

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    11/18: 10,389
    11/19: 9,786
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ssssseika wrote: »
    Username ssssseika
    Weigh in Friday
    CW 160.5

@ssssseika I still need your steps from Nov 4th til today...please catch me up so I can update the spreadsheet. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Man you guys are quiet this week! I feel like I'm talking to myself! LOL! Not that I ever do that!! :wink:

Well, I'm going to go read a book for the evening...I lead such an exciting life...already hit my step goal for the day...time to rest this stupid foot...

Still missing six weigh ins for the week:

@napattack9558
    @FoolishJoy
    @GSAllumbaugh
    @Arc130
    @jenready and
    @CasandraW

Stats begin around 830am in the morning...have a good evening all!
    Jessica
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I've been so busy I haven't been on here much. I thought I checked in last Saturday to post my weigh-in but only now realized that I didn't. Anyway, here goes.

Arc130
    Saturday 11/20/2021 weigh-in
    PW: 205.4 (two weeks ago)
    CW: 203.9
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 230
    CW 233
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Saturday, November 20

Exercise: no
    Net calories: no idea
    Steps: 10.485 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Not much to report today. Had to increase my dose of the new meds on Saturday which I was really worried about. But it seems like I get less side effects on that dose. Cautiously optimistic about that since it has only been 1 day, so will see how it goes. Happy Sunday everyone <3

@jessicakrall8
    That must have been a really hard choice to make. I can imagine a lot of time goes into it though, considering it's something you do besides your regular job. Making more room for yourself sounds like a great idea. I hope you will enjoy the extra time you free up!
  • suziieq56
    suziieq56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:
    PW: 241.6
    CW: 241.8

Fell off the wagon a couple times this week, but I guess I walked enough to keep it down anyways lol. Yea! :D
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    suziieq56 wrote: »
    Sunday weigh in:
    PW: 241.6
    CW: 241.8

Fell off the wagon a couple times this week, but I guess I walked enough to keep it down anyways lol. Yea! :D

@suziieq56 Sometimes it's all about mitigating the damage! This next week, you'll likely see a good drop...good deal!

@Arc130 good loss!

@CasandraW Hopefully your week ahead will be a bounce back in the other direction!

@Pupowl Thank you for your kind words...yes, tough decision, but I'm just tired...and now that I can financially do without that extra income, my focus is just going in a different direction. I think 23 years is a good run...I'm sure I'll miss it though...the kids are always such fun and it's great to watch them grow in their ability...but it's time.

Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    results.png

Our third week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

g6idzcqyigdl.png

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    I’m not worried. 3 of those pounds were gone this morning
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    I’m not worried. 3 of those pounds were gone this morning

@CasandraW That's awesome...sodium plays with me a lot like that too...so glad it came right back off...

@mulecanter @jennifersusanmcdougall and @suziieq56 CONGRATS on first, second and third place for Nov, week 3! Hard work feels so sweet!!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    rcrbdaa0l1sa.jpg

Captain's Challenge Wrap-up/Review

Well, I was planning to have this week be a wrap-up of the Captain's Challenge we've been working on for the past two months, but this past week was week 8 and I barely got one posting about it. So, if you participated in the challenge during Sept-Nov, please take a minute and discuss what you learned, what helped you, what didn't and what you feel were your triumphs and downfalls. Talking about our progress in this journey, helps us to think and plan and helps others to see different perspectives.

Hope it helped you in some way. I feel it really helped me to focus and work through some issues. The good habits I developed will stick with me and my weak points helped to strengthen me in other ways. I feel I'm communicating better, definitely walking more and with rededication to taking care of my fitness/health. My water intake is better and portion control more consistent. Some times my choices aren't always the best, but I'm trying to make more informed choices and still let myself enjoy a few of my favorite things on a controlled basis.

Hope to hear from each of you this week on how the challenge met some of your needs.
    Thanks,
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Sunday, November 21

Exercise: no
    Net calories: 833
    Steps: 11.714 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Not much to say. Still doing okay on the higher dose of medication. The main things that stayed is not wanting to eat, some dizziness and tiredness/headaches. Looking forward to going to the gym and I think I will finish my puzzle today. Happy Monday everyone <3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    wusly0v18gxk.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi all,so I have just managed to upload an image which is a FIRST for me !! Maybe the upgrades have made it possible,I am on android mobile so who knows.
    I put this on as I was feeling a bit down at the weekend.You see I am a serial yoyo dieter,this has been going on for many years.I last got to goal in May this year. I did pretty well at maintenance for a while but as you can see I went down & up again to the same place.I know some people on here have a bigger weight loss journey than me but I really thought I had got it this time.
    Sorry for being a moaning Minnie. So I got up this morning & thought I know why this has happened.I haven't been moving as much.I haven't been drinking enough water.I haven't been to the gym as often as I should.Ive had far too much chocolate & wine.
    So after a good nag to myself I have got this,thanks to this group for a space to share & hopefully give me the accountability I need.I am also going to share my diary as this may control my unhealthy snacking.
    Have a great Monday y'all.🙂
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 304.0
    CW: 304.2

Woke up with some swelling in my left knee today...hoping it will go down today. Yesterday's food choices weren't the best...had a piece of peach pie and thought that would be my dinner, but about 8pm, I knew I needed some protein, so it through my totals off for the day...still was under because of my walk yesterday morning and my usual cleaning. I try not to eat that late, but I napped yesterday some in the afternoon and that always makes me wide awake in the evening...

It's going to be a busy week this week even though I only work three days...getting ready for any sort of holiday makes the IT errors multiple like bunnies, but I'm hoping for the best. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
This discussion has been closed.