Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    With everyone facing cold temps and snow, I hate to complain about my weather! But folks, when it gets down to 70 here, it might as well be 50! I bundle up and wish I had a fireplace - LOL Spoiled rotten, I am. But a brass ensemble playing Christmas music in the Keauhou Shopping Center about 1/4 mile from my condo helped the old holiday spirit to surface.

We do get snow on top of Mauna Kea, though. Some people bring it down in trucks to build a snow man in their yard before it melts!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Jadepearl ,,,, in the summer you can get a lobster right off one of the wharfs for about 5 a lb. But if in a restaurant this is very much so a tourist area, LOL so the prices reflect that. Most locals will cook it themselves. Indeed in Rockport the donut hole was invented. So much easier to eat especially on a ship! Hopefully your summer won't be to bad!! Ours started out so DRY,but during then it certainly caught up!! It also got SO HORRIBLY HOT (well for us) with over 13 days being in the 90's!! It used to be 3 to maybe 5, more so the 3. Do you deal with fries a lot in your area? In Maine there are the small ones, but that's thankfully it.
    @Cormierannie,, WOOHOO ENJOY a relaxing weekend!! It's been quite awhile since you've been able to do that!! What did you do today (Sat)?
    @Bookienj,,, YO Finding cranberry sauce HAS been an issue!! I LOVE the stuff and have it often in the fall, enough so I don't want it most of the rest of the year. LOLOLOL Did you find any? Hmmm shopping in NYC is ALWAYS interesting. Its sort of freaky to me, but yet, you can tell my eyes are big though i TRY TO NOT show "tourist" but, the MOMENT I open my mouth it's so EASY TO TELL!! LOLOLOL!!! Glad you got home safe and sound.
    @CSEGUIN2 ,, OH I SO BADLY WANTED SNOW last night but NOOOOO ALL RAIN. SIGH as said to the north, west, and SOUTH OF US SNOW, but not here. WAHHHHH!! I can't go east. LOL Well if I do I'll be in France! Could the dog have a bladder infection? Or is it an older dog?
    @Lavalily,, Where are you located? I LOVE fireplaces!! I grew up with one, but do not have one here. With prices going so VERY CRAZY on everything, hopefully most if not all will be okay.
    I had a nice day. Did do a brief grocery shopping, but it wasn't easy. Still I came home, did laundry. Glad it's done until at least Tuesday. Today was just towels, bedding. Tomorrow I have 1 or maybe 2 friends coming over to watch the Pats play the Titans. It'll be an interesting game. LOL We are having pizza. AARRGHHH now I think "Oh I'll get a salad too!" The grocery store will be closing if it's even open, I could get up and look out my window, but GUESS WHO's NOT going to get dressed and get that salad though it sounds so GOOD!! There's just something about salad and pizza. If I wake up early and have the time before a 9:30 AM meeting,,, Oh be guaranteed I'll go down. WELL IF I REMEMBER!! LOL

• SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Quiet day here. Cleaned the baths, mopped and ran the vacuum. Packaged up the turkey my brother fried for me and got most of it in the freezer for eating later. Overnight temps here have been dropping into the low 30's and getting into the low 70's during the day. Hope all had a good Thanksgiving.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    Our Thanksgiving was nice. Went to the parade in NYC and then ate lunch in the hotel. Then hubby and I went on an adventure to find canned cranberry sauce. Then we went to my daughter’s parade banquet.

@jadepearl -yup we had a nice time at the parade. We got out there a little after 6. Parade started at 9. The people around us weren’t chatty-so we just talked amongst ourselves. Hope your sumner isn’t too hot or wet!

Hope your found a very nice cranberry sauce. What do you do with Thanksgiving leftovers? That's nice that you guys had a good time. Yup, hopefully not too hot this Summer.

Have a wonderful Sunday ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Prayers for all those who need it. Got in some great walking today and before the snow started. We actually have snow on the ground! I am so happy. Played cards with Hubby and will work on my crafts tonight. Had another rough night with the dog. I don't know why all of a sudden he needs to go out in the wee hours multiple times.

That's awesome that you can still enjoy your walks. Hope your doggy is OK.
    Have a wonderful Sunday ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    lavalily wrote: »
    With everyone facing cold temps and snow, I hate to complain about my weather! But folks, when it gets down to 70 here, it might as well be 50! I bundle up and wish I had a fireplace - LOL Spoiled rotten, I am. But a brass ensemble playing Christmas music in the Keauhou Shopping Center about 1/4 mile from my condo helped the old holiday spirit to surface.

We do get snow on top of Mauna Kea, though. Some people bring it down in trucks to build a snow man in their yard before it melts!

Wow, didn't know that you guys do that. What an amazing treat for the kids. We don't have snow here either. We have to travel up north to ski or play in the snow.
    Have a wonderful Sunday ♥️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Jadepearl ,,,, in the summer you can get a lobster right off one of the wharfs for about 5 a lb. But if in a restaurant this is very much so a tourist area, LOL so the prices reflect that. Most locals will cook it themselves. Indeed in Rockport the donut hole was invented. So much easier to eat especially on a ship! Hopefully your summer won't be to bad!! Ours started out so DRY,but during then it certainly caught up!! It also got SO HORRIBLY HOT (well for us) with over 13 days being in the 90's!! It used to be 3 to maybe 5, more so the 3. Do you deal with fries a lot in your area? In Maine there are the small ones, but that's thankfully it.

OMG, that sounds amazing. Lobsters are so expensive here. 1 whole cooked lobster (1kg) is around $78. Oh yes, we have lots of flies during Summer. We have housefly, the bushfly and the blowfly. It's just terrible😣
    Have a wonderful Sunday♥️
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,357 Member
    Options
    It's 37 feels like 34 with a high of 55 for today. Axe Sharpening: Results are EARNED. If you are putting in a half *kitten* effort, expect a half *kitten* result.~~Chico Bean 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National French Toast Day!!! Fitness quote for today: Focus on the right things in life. Keep your head in the game and ignore all the dumb stuff.~~~Frida Paulsen Motivational quote for today: Sometimes, the best thing that can happen to you is not getting what you want.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,356 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -we did find it-at Whole Foods! We never go there because 1. It’s not near here 2. More expensive prices. There was actually a limit of 2! It was organic but my daughter couldn’t tell the difference-thank goodness! It’s funny because we have two cans at home that are just waiting to be opened.
    Lol about sounding like a tourist. We really only buy food in NY other than like at Macy’s or American girl. My younger daughter didn’t ask to go there -not sure if she outgrew it or was just done. She did enjoy Macy’s big piano (you stand on it to play) and the wooden escalators. I have been told I have a md accent for a few words.
    @jadepearl -no leftovers for me. We have a buffet dinner with my daughter’s marching band. I followed buffet rules as much as I could!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! We got greeted with a thin layer of snow today-so we had a lazy morning. It’s melted so my daughter is off to youth group-hubby and I will go walk. I need a lot of steps
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! It's a cool and snowy day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I've been for a walk in the afternoon and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after supper. I'm starting my Christmas 🌲 shopping today. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

We've had snow, rain, and sun today. Walking in winter boots just sucks. But my feet are warmer. I think my puppy is just punishing us for not taking him for walks when it's to cold or to icy. He has a lot of power and hates other dogs. So just not safe. Oh well we will do our best to get him to realize the changes. Today has be pretty productive.
  • jadepearl
    edited November 2021
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    @jadepearl -no leftovers for me. We have a buffet dinner with my daughter’s marching band. I followed buffet rules as much as I could!

Wow, that's so nice😁 Am wondering if your buffets are like ours here? I can never do buffet as I love food so much that I want to try everything 😂 Great job for following the buffet rules👍

Hope you had a wonderful long walk and clocked in those steps. What's your target per day? I set 15, 000 steps for my watch.

Have a wonderful Monday ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Good morning 😊
    It's going to hit 30°C / 86°F today. Whenever I read all of your posts on how cold it's for you guys, I wish it's as cold over here too😂 I prefer the cold 365 days a year if I could. Tomorrow, we will get hotter it seems, around 32°C / 89.6°F. That means, staying indoors with the air-con on 😁 Not sure if electricity is expensive over at your side? We are known to pay some of the highest residential electricity bills in the world.😭

Have a wonderful Monday ❤️
  • jadepearl
    edited November 2021
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

We've had snow, rain, and sun today. Walking in winter boots just sucks. But my feet are warmer. I think my puppy is just punishing us for not taking him for walks when it's to cold or to icy. He has a lot of power and hates other dogs. So just not safe. Oh well we will do our best to get him to realize the changes. Today has be pretty productive.

Hope your puppy will get use to the new schedule. 🐶 What type of dog is your puppy? Have a wonderful Monday ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! It's a cool and snowy day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I've been for a walk in the afternoon and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after supper. I'm starting my Christmas 🌲 shopping today. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.

Hello to your daughter too👋 Glad to hear that you had a good walk👍I have not even started my Christmas shopping yet😂 Have a wonderful Monday ❤️