TEAM: The Belly Flats (December)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited November 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    Hi All,
    I am a Returning MFP and TBL Challenge 49 yr old Male with 50 + pounds to loose. I biggest problem is portion control and a job where I sit most of the day. When I log my food, calories, and exercise I can loose weight here on MFP / TBL. My trouble is sticking with it the entire year and more. The older I get the longer it takes the weight to come off, so this is the year I decide to get serious. Let's Go Team!
  • Stargzer5
    Stargzer5 Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2021
    Not sure I did this right, but here goes:

Username: Stargzer5
    Weigh in week: Dec Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sun
    Previous Week's weight: 180.0
    Today's Weight: 179.8

Small loss, which is incredible because I did nothing to earn it. Onward to the new week and some better changes!

Lessennan: I really don't have a planned regime, but I try to make incremental changes throughout the day, like more water or switching out something rich for something healthier. Little steps add up to better habits in the end. Good luck with the challenge!

Stimpy56: I hear you about the sedentary job. I'm semi-retired, but volunteer at an animal sanctuary that keeps me busy walking/mucking at least twice per week. I'm still struggling with making a healthier way of eating a lifestyle change versus short term. Good luck with the challenge!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,968 Member
    Stargzer5
    If I don’t star out with a plan is sorts, I don’t get anything done.
    I’m retired too, but share my home with mum (90). Fully active mind, but legs don’t cooperate too well so I find myself incorporating jobs she’d really like to see done
  • radtechsara
    radtechsara Posts: 7 Member
    Hello team, new to the community aspect of MFP but not MFP. Looking mostly for accountability, not necessarily weight loss but if that is a by product of the consistency then it’s a win. Also, just looking for people with shared goals and struggles, having friends around makes this so much easier!

Weigh In 11/27-169
    Starting weigh In- 167

Have a great week everyone! For those struggling, plan ahead as much as you are able, have easy to grab healthy options available in your fridge and pantry. I batch cook on Sunday for the week but I know not everyone is able to do that. Also make conscious decisions about your food choices. Above all, do your best!!
  • Lessennan
    Rdtechsara I need the accountability
  • KZI_58
    KZI_58 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm also new to this team, and looking for accountability and weight loss.

Username: KZI_58
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in Week:
    PW:
    CW:

My first weigh-in will be this coming Saturday.

This is a very hard time of the year for me both personally and emotionally. Having tempting goodies around for the next few weeks, will be a challenge.

However, my main goal is to learn to take control of my life and get it going in the right direction and staying that way. Be the healthiest me I can be.

Wishing y'all, the best for the coming Christmas 🎄 holiday season, ☃️ ❄️ and for this December challenge. 😄
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Good Morning Belly Flats, is there a volunteer who would like to help keep up with team admin, entering weights, daily posts, etc?
  • Lewis2568
    Lewis2568 Posts: 15 Member
    Lewis2568
    Went over in calories today. Not by much. Tomorrow's a new day. I did get my exercise in today. Have a nice evening everyone.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    @AB0215, I will volunteer.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan
    nov 21 147
    Nov 28 146.75
  • Lessennan
    New day, new week, let’s all get this sorted
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    dheliason
    December week 1
    Monday
    PW: 157.0
    CW: 157.1
  • garnesl17
    garnesl17 Posts: 81 Member
    Hi everyone!
    garnesl17 (I am also 66)
    CW: 164.8
    I have previously lost 25 pounds - trying to get rid of the last 10 for quite a few years now. I am hoping that being part of a group will help me with accountability.
  • Lessennan
    @garnesl17 we can do this with just a little planning
This discussion has been closed.