Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    @jadepearl -thx you! She plays clarinet in the orchestra. She said she has a solo which is cool (even if it’s like 6 notes) and there are songs that only the strings play which is ok too. I played violin and piano growing up. what kind of shop? And also that’s so cool. I hope your child’s team does really well at the robotics competition. Congratulations on the weight loss and I am sorry about the omicron case-we are outside of NY (like lots of people commute there and ny’ers come to our farms) so once it hits by it will hit us soon after.

Thank you ❤️ I played piano and organ when I was young too. Was my Mom's church organist till I went to Uni. HB and I opened a small cafe as we wanted to be there for our kids. When we were working for others, we didn't get to see our kids much, you know. I worked long hours. My kids kept telling me that I was never home, etc, etc, etc. I really thought they will be sick of us as they see us 24/7 but they actually tell us that this is what they always wanted. Love them to the moon and back❤️
    Have a wonderful weekend ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Another sunny busy day. Took Mom for blood work then we had breakfast at McDonald's. I usually get a meal but only ordered a sausage and egg McMuffin. We also went Christmas and grocery shopping. She treated me to lunch and I had a Caprese sandwich and wedges from Tim Hortons. No Pop all day! So proud of myself. On this trip normally I would have had diet pop for breakfast and lunch. Only water today. Decided that workouts will be made up tomorrow morning with my planned workouts. Legs and arms are sore from all the walking and pulling of a heavy cart into the wind. Trigger says hi to all.9g7donv6izgc.jpg

Aww... Trigger is so cute 😍 Hope your Mom's blood work results are A-OK 👍 I love Mc Muffin ❤️ WTG with drink water and not pop! Have a wonderful weekend ❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    WAHHhhhhhhhhhh!! I had most of you answered and POOFED OFF IT WENT. SO FRUSTRATING, it was MY fault not MFP I leaned forward. I'll try again later. OFF go to the PS4L team and I SHOULD be doing laundry. LOL SHOULD BE.

Aww.. So sorry to hear that❤️ It happens to me quite often whenever I use my mobile phone. Its so annoying, isn't it?
    Have a wonderful weekend ❤️
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,907 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Hubby told me this morning my in laws are coming for the weekend instead of just a few hours-which is fine-just vacuumed.
    I sometimes lose my responses to everyone too.
    @jadepearl -oh that’s great you can have them 24/7.
  • SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have a day off from work. Going to work on organizing myself for what I need to get done between now and Christmas. First up will be finishing off gifts that need to be mailed. Nearly done with those. My employer announced that they are giving us all extra days off for the holiday, so I will be off from the 18th through Jan. 5. I am looking forward to that time off! It will be especially nice to have the time before the holiday so that I can shop, wrap, bake, whatever, without trying to fit it all into nights and weekend time.

My dog, Mike, is going to the vet for a mani/pedi today. lol I need to get the cat in for one too since she is leaving me with little punctures.

Happy Friday!
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    zsbwzbbcdcv3.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Busy day and had snow. None of the snow stuck to the ground. Got most of my exercises done. Will catch up on them tomorrow. Didn't end up working today that has been moved to tomorrow. So instead went Christmas shopping. Most is done just have a couple family members and a few friends to still buy for. My Christmas cards for the mail is ready. Oops that's not true I forgot one. Well I will get that done in a bit. Had a diet pepsi with lunch today. I think it was more out of habit.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,591 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That happens to me more often than I care to recall - having a post almost finished and bumping something on my computer to highlight it and make it fly off into cyberspace! SO frustrating!

@SusanM18MFP - Some Rottweilers I'm sure are find (same goes for German Shepherds) and others you wouldn't want to get close to at all! Years ago a friend of mine and her hubby had a large German Shepherd who might let you get close to pet him (carefully) and then try to bite your hand. That was one dog I definitely did NOT like and avoided whenever he was around. It's great to have time off at Christmas to enjoy and not feel run off your feet - AND it gives you some time to recover. When I taught we had for the first number of years 10 days to 2 weeks off at Christmas. Eventually they standardized it so that we had a full two weeks off. I always liked having a few days before Christmas and a bit of time after New Year's.

@LindieMaeP - On the nice little portable Singer machine that I used to use I found it tricky to get the bobbin tension accurate and it was fiddly to try to set - had to use a small screwdriver. This machine is computerized (a Pfaff Ambition 610) - fancier than I really need but hubby thought I should buy it - and it will suggest the correct tension on screen so it's an easy matter of adjusting the dial and checking to see if it needs a bit of a tweak one way or the other. Sure takes the guesswork out of it - which is good since it's been almost 30 years since I did much sewing but I wanted to make Santa bags for my kids and their partners so that's what I've been working on today. I love my Android but refuse to have one that's too big to fit in most pants pockets because that's where it lives 99% of the time.

@CSEGUIN2 - You are WAY ahead of me but then we only need to buy gifts for our GS and some small thing for our kids because we always give them money. Most of our shopping is purchasing stocking stuffers and we'll have to get at that soon. I haven't even thought about Christmas cards but I should probably get busy with that although I don't send more than about a dozen.

I have most of the sewing done on the Santa Bags - will just have to do the opening around the top tomorrow (and trim some seams) so I can thread the cords through. I still have to get some felt and see if I have - or can find - some letters to trace so I can get the names on them. On the ones that I made years ago, I just glued them on and they're still there but then the bags really don't need to be washed.
    Will need to go over some Christmas music for my choir tonight so I'm ready for practice on Monday. I need to get on with my decorating - might start tomorrow although there are football games (playoffs/championships) on the next couple of days that I want to watch so won't plan on doing too much while the games are on.

Have a good evening everyone!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,595 Member
    Options
    @Retired_Sue I have been so tempted to get a modern sewing machine to make my own tops that would be longer and cover my big bottom - well I think it is big, but I don't want to invest in something that I might not use and then have to sell low on craig's list or something. The only one who might be interested in it if I can't learn patterns is my grand daughter and even then I am not sure. She does do crocheting but metals for jewelry -she makes me the odd bracelet now and then. I am glad you seem ok with your machine and you are getting your sewing done.
    I hope everyone has a good weekend. I just did a walk to Safeway and back and my back is bothering me a bit so I am resting and then will do some riding on the recombend bike - that seems to help a lot. so far I have over 8000 steps and the day is not done !
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,504 Member
    Options
    It's 61 now but started out in the 50's this morning. Axe Sharpening: Don’t get caught up in chasing goals that aren't yours. Find whatever drives YOU and execute on the things that will get you there.--Collin Stark 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Roof Over Your Head Day!!! Fitness quote for today: My Pain is My Motivation.--gymaholic Motivational quote for today: You never realize how much a moment will last until it's gone, so take every opportunity to enjoy the present.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,087 steps yesterday. Today's training plan was 15 min AMRAP and 3 rounds for quality this evening.
  • blestmuch
    blestmuch Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Jeri in Nebraska. I tried joining the 5% challenge last year but had a major move and job change in Feb. I'm still working on getting my house in order but it's time to focus on getting my weight back under control.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,496 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Blestmuch , WOOHOO WE are delighted to have you with us!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,,, the newer machines are pretty neat!! Mine adjusts the tension for me! It also has an automatic needle threader,,, LOLOL not that I under that feature well. But it has it. All computerized of course, with over 100 different stitch choices (Not that I'll ever use all of them!). I got it on Facebook marketplace right after the holidays. Oh it was a very very good deal!! it was a gift to a younger woman who's mother "Felt she should learn to sew" but LOLOLOL the D clearly had NO interests in that. She hadn't even opened the box!! She just wanted IT OUT OF THE HOUSE ASAP!! I was over there in 25 mins. LOL
    @Retired_Sue ,,, I LOVE my android) @Lindiemaep ,, SORRY!! LOL WELL almost. Its small enough but I got a wallet cover for it, since I hate carrying a wallet and phone. It just barely fits in my jeans pockets, but 99% of the time I walk with it in my hand anyways. Its also HARDER TO LOSE!! LOL OH NO DOUBT you could teach me so much with sewing!! We have someone new who's moved into where I live. SIGH being the city there are NOT parking spaces for many. This lady does not have a parking spot so we are allowing her to block us in!! YO!! I am not sure how management will look upon this, but my spot is away from any emergency vehicles leaving the lost would need. We are hoping next week they'll help her. HEY MAYBE SNOW NEXT WEDS but I am NOT counting on it. WAHHH
    @Cseguin2,,, OH I am even jealous that you got snow and I STILL HAVEN'T!! WAHHHH We are BEHIND already. LOL Hope you love the weekend!! TY TY TY for being here.
    @Susanm18mfp ,, WOOHOO Susan on having the extra time off from work!! It was always fun working with the school system!! LOLOL Since I only worked directly with the kids or in the classroom when they weren't in school neither was I AND WITH PAY!! It was so much FUN!! ENJOY that time off!
    @Bookienj,, Oh I know the kids will LOVE seeing their grandparents!! And it sounds like you are good with each other which is GREAT!! HAVE FUN!! LOL I did take the advice and I'll put in a few responses and hit the Save Comment button than use the editing button. WOOHOO TO THAT TOO!
    @Jadepearl ,, you ALWAYS make me smile!! Totally appreciate that!!!

OFF to bed I go in just a few mins. Hoping everyone has a GREAT CATURDAY LOL with @Catwmncat
    zttwb29sf1wh.gif

**** PLEASE MAKE SURE you have each signed up for a team or chosen the Any Team option****

LOVE seeing the supportive, active chat we are,, ALL BECAUSE OF EACH OF YOU!! TY TY TY!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,504 Member
    Options
    It's 45 feels like 39 with a high of 59 for today. Axe Sharpening: Your goals don't care how you feel.~~Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Sock Day!!! Fitness quote for today: Iron Never Lied to Me.~~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Do the best you can today, then do better tomorrow.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,686 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,907 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup my in laws make life interesting. Got to meet up with friends and see my daughter perform last night-it was awesome
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    o9umt80pg8de.jpg
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,591 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @LindieMaeP - You can purchase a sewing machine that isn't too expensive - mines a bit of a Cadillac but I was really just going to buy a Chevy! Singers are usually pretty reliable and if you had to sell it, you might be able to get a good bit back for it. There are SO many YouTube videos available to help with sewing. I was given a website with videos that are specific to my machine to help with basics and if you can find a short sewing course that might help. I learned to sew at a night class held at my high school which did not have a home ec program when I was there. Maybe you can do what Diane did and look for a good used one. The last one I had - a Singer - my hubby purchased for $75 at a yard sale. That was years ago but it certainly met my needs. If the post that holds the spool of thread hadn't gone missing, I could probably still have used it.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Your machine sounds similar to mine - computerized and with 110 different stitches on it! Mine's a Pfaff Ambition 610 and yes it tells me what tension I should be using and has a needle threader that I do use. It was one of the easiest parts of getting it threaded. I'm not sure I could teach you much - I didn't ever do too much that was complicated although I did once make a stuffed animal from a kit for my nephew when he was a baby but my MIL helped me a GREAT deal on that one! She was my "go-to" expert as she did a great deal of sewing over the years. This is my machine:

5chkrdkj71ij.png

Speaking of snow - ours returned today - squalls off of Georgian Bay all day have dumped a bunch of snow on us. We went from glimmers of sunshine or even full sun to white outs within a few minutes at times! There's probably about 3 inches out there. At least our vehicle has the winter tires on now and the back wiper has been replaced.

@blestmuch - Welcome to the challenge!

@wallahalla - That one absolutely cracks me up!

With the weather out there today it was a good day to not have to go anywhere. I was glad that we weren't going to our daughter's place today (we went for our GS's birthday party last Saturday) although the snow only reached south of us about 20-25 minutes but that would not have been nice driving. I just did my usual Saturday stuff - didn't get back to the bags - maybe tomorrow but there's football to watch - playoff football for me - so we'll see.

Enjoy your evening.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,683 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! It's a mostly windy 🌬️ day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! It's been a pretty quiet day here today. I got a walk in the afternoon. I did some dancing after supper. Have a great night! Take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Had a really busy day and running extremely behind. Exercises completed, worked for 2 hours in the afternoon, then went to the grocery store, got home and Hubby wanted to go to a friend's before we headed to the Santa Clause Parade. No pictures as I was to busy trying to stay warm. I was so frozen.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,496 Member
    Options
    @Macrat12,, Sarah we hope you loved the day!
    @Bookienj ,,, If they are lively folks in a good way the kids no doubt enjoy that. Hopefully you all find things in common.
    @Retired_Sue ,,I like your machine!! Mine is a Singer Stylist
    zdwze27skb3u.png
    Its 229 on Amazon, I got it for 80! WOOHOO!!!
    @Lindiemaep ,, Oh I use youtube for about everything!! GREAT also if you want to alter a pattern, and even how to make your own! I see some of the cutest clothing online, but they are from China and often the sizing is 2 to 4 times smaller than we are over the water. Plus often those companies use the cheapest material. So when we make our own high quality material and of course made to sizing. A WIN WIN!!! A woman in our congregation every single time she's out people STOP her to ask "Where did you get those pants?" They WANT SOME ALSO and she's made them. Its a simple design,, I had her show me. Hmmm MAYBE SNOW On Weds!!
    @COrmierannie ,,, Hope you enjoyed the day!! WTG on the exercise!!! Hows the break going?
    @Golfma4 ,, Awwww he's so very very cute!!! He's quite alert for being so young. Nice!! Oh NO DOUBT the family is beyond excited to have him with you all!! I know it's so much fun in all stages of their lives. There's just something about a baby.
    @Gseguin2 ,,,,WOOHOO on getting in that exercise!! It was cold here today. Hope you stayed warm enough!!!