Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,630 Member
    Options
    Got on the scales and passed out!….then I kicked the scales, cried, screamed and adjusted my crown….I can and will continue my journey!

La-lal-la-la-la :wink:

OUR motto for today.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options

La-lal-la-la-la :wink:

OUR motto for today.

OK folks, if yesterday's motto was La-la-la-la-la today's motto is We Can Do It!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes. La-lal-la-la-la was only to get us past any inflated number on the scale with a matter of fact, what is done is done attitude - instead of slipping into misery and an excuse to eating comfort food.

Today is my second day logging my weight. Second day of logging my well thought out food.

Yesterday was below maintenance - though not as low as I wanted to be be. But, I know my tendons/muscles had way more nutrition than on all those high calorie days.

How you all doin????
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    May 22 2019: 276.8 lbs
    Oct. 31 2021: 258.6 lbs
    Dec. 01 2021: 251.0 lbs

12/23/2021 242.2 12/24/2021 242.0
    12/25/2021 242.2 12/26/2021 244.0
    12/27/2021 243.4 12/28/2021 244.4

Still working on getting the number back to 242 or below. I know its just a waiting game right now, because I did not overeat and should not have gained anything. Just trying to patiently wait for the whoosh. Need to be proud of what I've lost so far and not be so stuck on this fluctuation.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Ok folks, I guess it’s time for me to bite the bullet and post my numbers….the holidays tasted very good but I am paying for it now with a huge gain!…seeing these numbers in print will surely motivate me to get with it!…

May 28, 2019……..350.0 pounds + a few
    Lowest weight… June, 2021….240.0 pounds
    Dec. 28, 2021…..273.8 pounds
    ( gained 30 pounds in Dec. SMH ) at least I lose weight almost as quickly as I gain but I hate the two steps forward and one back!

Looking at this makes me regret eating so much but now it is over …my goal for 2022 is to continue trying not to binge….I would love to reach my goal weight and stay in maintenance….I am running out of time!

Age….70
    Height….5’8” or 9…. I am shrinking!
    Large frame and carry a lot of weight in my upper arms and legs…
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It is now real, Connie. And like you said - you are good at taking it off quickly. And like you said - it so sucks to have to go through this cycle.

I guess that is the lesson for us this year. How to get off the ferris wheel.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ABD - (I just type that moniker out in full anymore, @Americanbabydoll :)

Don't you just hate this waiting game? It will happen. Keep eating right and one morning soon you will be well below 242. Keep the faith!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options
    ABD - (I just type that moniker out in full anymore, @Americanbabydoll :)

Don't you just hate this waiting game? It will happen. Keep eating right and one morning soon you will be well below 242. Keep the faith!

I do hate the waiting game, especially when I know I'm doing everything right and the scale is being frustrating.

I have thought about changing my name to something shorter or just changing it because its been the same since 2013, but I can't come up with anything to change it to. :/
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    Well Laurie.... you could write an auto-expanding macro (I guess the right method would be auto-replace these days using text correction and a personal dictionary) that expands ABD (or probably @ABD) to @Americanbabydoll :wink: But it ain't half bad to type anyway! :lol:
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2021
    Options
    How do I know regardless of logging and ahead of the scale whether I am actually posting overages or deficits in terms of my energy balance?

In my own experiment the fitbit "resting" heart rate seems to correlate remarkably well with eventual weight changes and/or maintenance. Going up = weight gain over the next few days; flat usually means weight trajectory continues in the same direction with minimal changes; going down = weight reduction over the next few days. Not ALWAYS. But the overwhelming majority of the time.

Do YOU have a similar "tell" available to you?

s0w9fur0zek3.png

And yes, my "paw" issues these past few months seem to have resulted in a reduction in conditioning and an about 3 bpm increase in average resting hr--so far. Either that or it's being a year older and all that! :anguished: <shush: don't tell @Yoolypr or @conniewilkins56 because they may get on my case!>
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options
    @PAV8888 I do have a fitbit. I will have to look at the data and see if it seems to be the same for me. I don't pay much attention to the resting heart rate.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Part is physical conditioning and stress or other issues. I'm fairly contained that part is adaptive thermogenesis related. And part is just plain weight change, with weight not always denoting changes to energy reserves (aka fat stores).

But it is an interesting indicator for me as in my case it coincides or leads scale changes most of the time
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Connie, I too shrank about an inch and half over time. I am now barely 5’2”! This better stop because it means cutting more calories. 😱
    And the age thing. I started seriously losing weight at age 71 and it was somehow easier than before. Perhaps I just had less to worry about - retirement, no caregiver worries and more time to plan. However this past year wasn’t great. I managed to maintain a stable weight for the entire year although it’s still 25 lbs over goal.
    PAV, you’re a young man in your prime. No whining about getting older yet. Plenty of time for that later.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I managed to maintain a stable weight for the entire year although it’s still 25 lbs over goal.
    You know... that's not a minor victory. FAR from minor.
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    PAV, you’re a young man in your prime. No whining about getting older yet. Plenty of time for that later.
    Harrumph! I just *knew* someone would blab :anguished: to you and Connie even though I told everyone to keep quiet about my whining! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Hey kiddo, there are no secrets on MFP!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yup - my heart rate goes up - especially with those refined carbs....sugar & wheat

I'm just gonna type ABD....I kinda like it if it doesn't offend yee @Americanbabydoll
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options
    @lauriekallis it doesn't bother me at all. :)

May 22 2019: 276.8 lbs
    Oct. 31 2021: 258.6 lbs
    Dec. 01 2021: 251.0 lbs

12/28/2021 244.4
    12/29/2021 243.0
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Everything feels a little fine when you drop 1.4 pounds in a day, ABD :)

Good for you!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am going to post my numbers more often….couldn’t today because we left so early for the hospital…I didn’t get to do my usual morning “ rituals “ lol…hoping for a nice loss in the morning!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,813 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    OK, our guests have departed.

Today's weight is 150.5 lbs (68.4kg)

Here's my daily weights for the past 10 days:

634mk9298bmr.png

So my trend weight has fallen or remained the same each day and is now almost equal to my scale weight, which is showing a gain of 0.9 lbs compared to my lowest weight of 149.6lbs ten days ago.

A couple of days of just-under-maintenance eating and I should hopefully be back to 149.6lbs by the first few days of the new year.

Our guests went home with their cars laden to the roof with food and drink...we've given everything away and have very few 'goodies' remaining in the house (just a couple of things that are my husband's particular favourites, but which he can resist eating in excess).