Mission Slimpossible Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
8emhn01ziukq.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 and open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa, your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee). The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee will be putting your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. Also please feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    Check out our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly/monthly challenges on the main F2F page for added support and accountability. Home Page..

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant for my small church and a volunteer teacher in our children’s ministry.

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and am determined to never give up on my dream of getting to a healthy goal weight and staying there! I’m a huge fan of Marty Kendall of Optimising Nutrition and plan to follow his approach to eating by doing a high protein, low carb, and moderate fat diet. I also love working out and doing Beachbody on Demand programs. For fun, I love to do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, watch TV, and play with my dog.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
    bqe6925fim8e.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,932 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! Woot woot!

@TeresaW1020 No, you are not alone my friend! I also face-planted for many weeks. :( I hope 2022 will be better for us all.

@FushiaKat I like your phrases! Very powerful.

@gem_t_86 Welcome! Happy New Year!

Hi all. Happy New Year! I am one of your team motivators along with @Katmary71! I'm in my 50s and live in Southern California with my husband and our cute rescue pug, Daisy. I've been struggling with my weight since my mid-20s. I'm currently on WW so I track my food there. I have about 60 lbs to lose. In my spare time, I make artwork, do photography, crafts, read a LOT, and love listening to music. I'm glad to see all of the new faces.

My husband and I didn't even make it to the EST New Year's ball drop, we went to bed at 8:45 p.m. lol. We did enjoy our appetizers and drinks, though. I'm going to spend some time working on my goals after this post. I will post them afterward.

As far as my phrase for last year, CHANGE HAPPENS, I believe I did have some minor changes so I am content to put that phrase to bed. My new phrase for the year is below. Enjoy!

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • trooworld
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My goals for 2022:
    • Read/listen to 55 books (read for 15 minutes every day) 
    • Track at least 2 meals each day Monday-Friday and 1 meal each day Saturday-Sunday
    • Drink at least 50 oz of liquids every day
    • Meditate for at least 10 minutes each day on the weekends
    • Go for a 10-minute walk one day of the weekend

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I’m not on the team anymore but would like to be for January if that’s possible. I’ve had trouble logging in since they updated the site but I replaced my outdated devices and everything seems to be working again. I miss reading all the posts and seeing what everyone is up to
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Username: murdog3t
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Staring weight :160
    PW 11/26 :156.6
    CW 12/31 :155
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - I woke up on the 26th with a bad sore throat. The next day it was gone, but my nose was a little stuffy. Thought it was a little cold that would soon go away. Then Tues night, I started to feel tired, lightheaded. Woke up the next day with a headache and started coughing. Same as you- it's a several day wait for a test appt and walk up lines are reported to be long. I happened to have a test in the house. No fever. Was feeling pretty good Thurs/Fri. Today, I'm wiped out again. Took a really long walk this morning- maybe over did it? Also felt short of breath on the walk.

Anyway- not really too sick, but sure am glad I didn't get the full version of this.

Let me know how your hubby is doing and how the test comes out.

PS: My daughter was planning to head back to school when I tested positive. She ran all around- no home tests on shelves. We checked everywhere on line and she finally found a place she could get a rapid test the same day. She was Neg and my guys have not become ill. I'm glad for that too!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,111 Member
    Options
    Our Week 1 January Group Challenge is open and ready to go for Sunday, Jan. 2nd. I hope you'll join us as this challenge accompanies last week's New Year/New You Challenge with "Things to Do in 2022!" Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852416/january-week-1-group-challenge-things-to-do-in-2022#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    I’m not on the team anymore but would like to be for January if that’s possible. I’ve had trouble logging in since they updated the site but I replaced my outdated devices and everything seems to be working again. I miss reading all the posts and seeing what everyone is up to

All set! Welcome back!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@19shmoo69 Happy New Year Darren! For Christmas, my husband bought me not one but two coffee makers, two new coffee mugs, and my favorite coffee. My mom bought me a huge box of K-cups and my boss gave me a VERY generous Starbucks gift card. Just so you don’t think you’re the only coffee lover on this team! :D

@FushiaKat You have great goals for 2022! Did you see the Habit Tracker on the main page? Many of us have really liked using it to help keep us mindful of our goals for the month. I love your 2022 phrase! :)

@adoglover Wow you have a lot of stuff going on and I will cross my fingers for you that all your dreams come true this year! :)

@Jactop It’s wonderful to have you back on the team! I have been thinking about you and hoping that you were doing well. <3

@murdog3t Woot, you lost weight over the Christmas week. Way to go!! B)

@Cornanda Sorry you are still sick and glad that your daughter and guys haven’t come down with it. So many people have it right now! :/

Hi Team! I have heard of several people in my church who have come down with this stupid new virus, so hubby and I have decided that he will stay home tomorrow. They will run a Covid test on him Monday morning before doing his surgery. I would stay home too but I don’t have anyone to teach the kids in Sunday school. I will go and just teach them, at a distance, and then come straight home. Since we did get our boosters, we aren’t overly concerned but we really don’t want the surgery canceled. Hubby has been dealing with a lot of dizziness and passed out yesterday morning on the kitchen floor and almost again today. I am so stressed out with his cancer and all the other issues going on with him. My nails have been bitten down to the quick and I am fighting the urge to eat all the things. I did have a good workout this morning which helped. I want to write out my 2022 goals but honestly, I just can’t right now because I’m not focused enough. I have my 2022 word, INTENTION and I’m clinging to that and my faith that this will all end soon. Thanks for reading my rant. :|
  • shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone I am Shaweta and 37 years old and have a 4 year old energetic boy who keeps me on my toes but still I gained weight as I am an emotional eater😄.
    I live in Seattle, due fo pandemic i gained a lot of weight. I am really hopeful and motivated that 2022 will be the year where I will be back to my goal weight.
    Goals for January month
    - I am doing gut cleaning challenge from 3rd Jan - 17th January. It will be hard but I know nothing is impossible
    - 10 min meditation
    - No screen time 30 min after wake up and 30 min before sleep
    - 3 days strength training and 3 days cardio atleast 30 min
    - steps will try my best to do 10k every day
    - track atleast 2 meal in MFP
    - Drink 70 oz water

A quick question my weigh in day is Sunday so I will be posting it tom right ? Correct me if I am wrong.

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Hi to all. Happy new year. I'm Roz, 28 from England. I'm back after a few months off. I'm here to finally take control of my weight. My goals are:

💙 Login daily and log all food
    💙 Stay within calorie goal
    💙 Drink 2+litres of water daily
    💙 Try to exercise a little

Good luck all!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's everyone, welcome all the new team members, I can't wait to get to know all of you!

I'm Kathy, I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area in California with my two cats. I'm a team motivator along with @trooworld, I've been in this group for about 2 1/2 years now. I have multiple health issues like diabetes, failed back surgery syndrome, and CRPS (auto immune condition where the body is attacking the nervous system chest down) so staying mobile and healthy as possible is my main priority. It's worse the lower on the body you go and I have no doubt I'd be in a wheelchair if I wasn't active. I got serious and changed my diet, lost weight, and started working out every day exactly three years ago from tomorrow. When my CRPS relapsed I'd been at goal for 6 months then was on steroids for a year so I put a lot of weight back on but after last year I'm guessing I'm 160 now (was 222 when I first lost and got to goal). I do chair cardio as my legs are limited, lift weights, and stretching and yoga. I signed up for 3 yoga challenges this month and a bunch of online classes so I'll be busy learning and trying new routines. I try to eat an auto immune diet but most important is keeping sugar out as much as possible which makes a noticeable difference in my pain levels. I'm a gardener so I'm a little scared to find out if nightshades make a difference! I love to read, spend time with family and friends, garden, then volunteer at the food bank farm and a local organization. I was active in my church but have been just watching from home with COVID.

I was at my parent's all day, my Mom is part German and she made pork and sourkraut for good luck, my brother's family and I went over and spent the day there. I'm thinking of tomorrow as the first since I ate too much as you can guess, the main part of the meal wasn't bad but the extras and dessert were! My main goals for this year is to get stronger, get my pain levels down more, and lose about 10-15lbs.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - Good plan on hubby staying home today. It sounds like he's not feeling great anyway. What's up with the dizzyness? How scary. Hanging on to your intention is a great plan. Remember your inner strength. It's always there even when you don't feel strong. I've been admiring how strong you are all the time I've been in this group with you. I've been praying for you and will continue to do so.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Digger61 @adoglover @murdog3t Congrats on the losses! Way to start the new year off right!

@19shmoo69 Have you had Death Wish coffee yet? I love it.

@Jactop it would be great for you to be part of the team again!

@Cornanda Well, his rapid test came back negative but we are also going to do the long test on Monday, both of us. I'm glad you aren't too sick. That's great that your daughter and your guys aren't sick!

@TeresaW1020 Wow, you got 2 coffee makers for Xmas? That's awesome! That's probably wise for him to stay home, you don't want to jeopardize anything with the surgery. Oh gosh, I hope 2022 is a better year for us all. At least you have your 2022 word and your faith to hang on to.

@Katmary71 I meant to make pork and cabbage and apples but I didn't feel well enough to make it yesterday. Maybe today.

Hi all. My throat is pretty sore, I think after this coffee, I'll drink some tea with lemon and honey. Starting the new year off right: I tracked yesterday. Will track today, too.

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 145.2
    CW. 143
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options