Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
8emhn01ziukq.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 and open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    9c18g1swq0bs.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or TheMrWobbly) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Happy New Year 🥳🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    ilfj4aqtyafy.jpg

Welcome to Shape Shifters to our newbies!!

@Refresh22
    @Fattleass
    @seeless25
    @ac204

January stats begin on Sunday the 2nd and we're all looking forward to great numbers this month! More importantly than those numbers though, are all of the little changes you'll be making this month...moving more...snacking less...healthier foods...meal planning...journaling...tracking...drinking more water...finding new routines...giving up bad habits...being accountable...finding ways to walk more...new exercise routines...finding a weight loss buddy...setting goals...there are a million of them. Don't try to do them all at once...just make new small changes when you're ready. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Let your team know what we can do to help...participate in our discussions, post questions, share recipes and most of all, SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES...I guarantee something you say will help someone else and you'll become an important part of someone else's support system. That's what our team is about! @TheMrWobbly and I am here to help in any way we can.

Looking forward to a great month with you as last week I met my intentional walking goal of 35 miles. It felt great, even though it had nothing to do with the scale. Those non-scale victories feel amazing. You'll see many of those this month. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Good luck in January...let's make it a amazing month (and an amazing start to a better year)! It all starts one step at a time!
    Jessica
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    DreaRN15
    Saturday
    PW 274.4
    CW 280

Happy New Year Everyone🥳
    I don't make resolutions, so here's to crushing those goals this year🥂
  • jessicakrall8
    Our Week 1 January Group Challenge is open and ready to go for Sunday, Jan. 2nd. I hope you'll join us as this challenge accompanies last week's New Year/New You Challenge with "Things to Do in 2022!" Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852416/january-week-1-group-challenge-things-to-do-in-2022#latest

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    It’s a new month, and I’m back, yay! Looking forward to getting to know everyone a little, so here’s my introduction.

I’m 30 and live in Finland with my husband and our two-month-old daughter. I’m rejoining the weight loss squad this month after having a rough couple of years with burnout and a difficult pregnancy. I feel so much better now both physically and mentally, and I have postpartum medical clearance to start exercising now. I’m looking forward to regaining my strength and endurance, and losing first baby weight and then overall obesity. My long-term goal weight is 175lbs, but my first goal is 220 - my pre-pregnancy weight. Altogether that’s 62lbs. I hope to be at or near my overall goal weight in September when I return to work, but my daughter comes first and I’ll slow down if my milk supply or energy levels start diminishing.

Apart from weight loss, I really need to work on my habits and a healthier lifestyle, so here’s what I plan on working on in January:
    1) phasing out my night pumping snack or revising it to lower calorie: our daugher eats exclusively pumped breastmilk from the bottle, so I have plenty of pumping sessions day and night. So far I still need a snack with my night pump or I just toss and turn hungry when I go back to bed, but I want to phase that habit out or switch to fruits, berries or veggies instead of my current breakfast sandwich.
    2) something intentional to improve my fitness every day: pilates, yoga, a walk, gym workout, a few stretches or some physical therapy exercise. Anything counts, as long as it’s intentional and improves my fitness levels in some way. With a 2-month-old it’s not realistic to get a big workout in every day, but something.
    3) something intentional to improve my home every day: I’m really bad at keeping things clean and tidy, but my environment really affects my mental state. I pledge to do one extra thing on top of my regular chores every day to keep the home cleaner.

Today my fitness action was a 50-minute walk with my husband and our baby (napping in her stroller), and my home improvement action was cleaning our nightstands.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Another new member heading your way .. Please welcome @PamStellick :)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    Hello Shape Shifters and a warm welcome to the new team members!

It's Sunday morning here and I am ready to start another month of working towards better health. My name is Laura, I am 33 years old and I live in a small town in the Netherlands with my cat who means the world to me. I have a lot of awesome nature nearby where I enjoy going for walks and taking pictures. Some other interests are reading (fantasy mainly), gaming, jigsaw puzzles, tea, singing. I would normally go to the gym 3 times a week, but our country is currently in lockdown and almost everything is closed. While part of me is sad about this, it does mean I get to go out for walks more often, since I don't have the energy for both. Too bad December and January tend to be the worst months for walks because of weather, but I do what I can!

My goals for December were:
    11.000 daily steps - managed this fairly comfortably again
    Goal weight 192.2 - made it to 194.4 so not enough

My January goals will be 12.000 steps a day
    Goal weight 190.0

Last month presented some difficulties due to a new medication I started. It ended up making things worse for me, so I have since quit them again. I hope this month will be a better one.

Good luck to all the members of our great team. I hope we will have lots of small victories and healthy changes! <3
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Hello 2022! Gonna work hard to focus on my goals

#1 I control the station that plays in my head!
    - if my head is in the game and outta my butt cave then I am aware of my eating and I have more control. When I just let the noise go and let it do what it wants then I end up emotional eating and have a 5 a binge. Gotta learn to manage my mind before my body will be able to fall in line.

#2 1400-1600 calories a day!
    #3 Drink the damn 💦🌊💦
    #4 exercise 3-4 days a week!
    #5 when my period comes be diligent and don't let it steal the hard work you have done the entire month!! Breaking the pms gain cycle this month!!!

I am a mother of 2. We are self employed! Life is nuts! Right now transitioning from one business to the other has us financially strapped and emotionally on edge!! We are waiting on an equity loan that is just taking sooooooo long!! I am grinding my teeth. Tensing my shoulders and overall just overwhelmed!! Gonna work hard to not allow the stress and struggle to put me in a tail spin!! I have a game plan and I am gonna work hard to make our business thrive and not just survive!! We got this!! Staying positive and finding the light!! Y'all keep the matches close by Incase I need a lil help keeping this torch lit!! Love y'all Happy New Year 🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🥳🥳🥳🎉🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • jessicakrall8
    Good morning All:

@Pupowl I am sorry to inform you, but you can't honestly EVER say that your pictures are nothing special...you have an extraordinary gift with framing, color and taking really great photos. You're not one of those people who have trouble giving themselves credit are you?! If so, we're going to work on that. Your first forest photo was amazing...I guess due to the dampness and moisture, it really brings out the green...just beautiful. The photos of the mushrooms, like wise...give a whole new perspective to something most of us pay absolutely no attention to...thank you so much for sharing. I LOVE your pictures...poor puppy...I'd hate that whole butt bath thing too, I must say!

Woke up and took a walk (inside though)...Sundays I don't really go out much. It's my one day of the week to rest, relax, read and reflect...wow, four Rs...LOL Still feeling a sense of excitement over where this year will go. This is the year, where I'll take my weigh back down below 300, hopefully will see 250! My goodness, the things I will do and adventures I'll enjoy! I'm signed up for a 5k on the weekend of January 28th...my mother's birthday. I signed up to walk in her honor. I lost her ten years ago and still miss her every day. She'd be proud of me, I'm sure. My walk was a little under a mile, so I hope to do another half mile later today...might have to crank the music and break into a little dance. Thank God you can't see that. LOL Not bad as Elaine on "Seinfeld" as I do have rhythm though. *laugh*

Hope you all enjoy a great day and get some planning done for your week ahead. I'm thinking I will do some meal prep later.

Take care...
  • jessicakrall8
    seeless25 wrote: »
    Seeless25
    Sunday
    PW: 224 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 221.6 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 2.4 lbs (optional loss to date)

Hello. This is my first group weigh in. I come from a very long line of fat people - meat, potatoes and gravy and dessert was served in a soup bowl. Portion Control was the size of the serving spoon (and 2 scoops was normal)!!! The only skinny relatives I have are ones that married into the family. However, having three babies in three years was quite a fat feat. I was 270lbs after giving birth to my last child. Fast forward to the present, I am north of 50 years old and I want to be better. In the past, I tried to do it alone and wiped out by February. Hopefully, joining a group will help me make all those small changes that lead to a better and healthier lifestyle over time.

@seeless25 Hi! Welcome again to our team! I think you could have written my story, well except for the children. I too come from a long line of heavy people...originally from Kentucky where you meet everyone at the door with a plate and no get together occurs without a LOT of food, much of it fried and covered with gravy. I can relate. I had two families, both of them with children from another spouse...so I had step kids, but none of my own. I am 55 and now living in Virginia, about 30 minutes from the oceanfront. I've been fighting this battle my whole life. When I started, I was 380 lbs and even though that was a few years ago and one big health scare later, I'm still not below 300.

I think this is going to be a great year for both of us. This is the year when both of us meet many milestones. I'm excited. I can't wait to see you hit "onederland" and for me to see "twoterville". We got this! Baby steps! Great loss this week!

Thanks for the intro...I feel like I just met my cousin! Happy New Year!
    Jessica
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Good morning All:

@Pupowl I am sorry to inform you, but you can't honestly EVER say that your pictures are nothing special...you have an extraordinary gift with framing, color and taking really great photos. You're not one of those people who have trouble giving themselves credit are you?! If so, we're going to work on that. Your first forest photo was amazing...I guess due to the dampness and moisture, it really brings out the green...just beautiful. The photos of the mushrooms, like wise...give a whole new perspective to something most of us pay absolutely no attention to...thank you so much for sharing. I LOVE your pictures...poor puppy...I'd hate that whole butt bath thing too, I must say!

Woke up and took a walk (inside though)...Sundays I don't really go out much. It's my one day of the week to rest, relax, read and reflect...wow, four Rs...LOL Still feeling a sense of excitement over where this year will go. This is the year, where I'll take my weigh back down below 300, hopefully will see 250! My goodness, the things I will do and adventures I'll enjoy! I'm signed up for a 5k on the weekend of January 28th...my mother's birthday. I signed up to walk in her honor. I lost her ten years ago and still miss her every day. She'd be proud of me, I'm sure. My walk was a little under a mile, so I hope to do another half mile later today...might have to crank the music and break into a little dance. Thank God you can't see that. LOL Not bad as Elaine on "Seinfeld" as I do have rhythm though. *laugh*

Hope you all enjoy a great day and get some planning done for your week ahead. I'm thinking I will do some meal prep later.

Take care...

Woo woo sounds like you got a plan and got the motivation to make it happen!! I lost my dad 12 years ago and I miss him like it was yesterday!! I think because we are connected they have met. Watching over us together and that brings me joy!! Hope you have a wonderful 5k!! Enjoy your walk today!! Boogie a lil extra hard just for me
  • Be_theBest_Me
    seeless25 wrote: »
    Seeless25
    Sunday
    PW: 224 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 221.6 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 2.4 lbs (optional loss to date)

Hello. This is my first group weigh in. I come from a very long line of fat people - meat, potatoes and gravy and dessert was served in a soup bowl. Portion Control was the size of the serving spoon (and 2 scoops was normal)!!! The only skinny relatives I have are ones that married into the family. However, having three babies in three years was quite a fat feat. I was 270lbs after giving birth to my last child. Fast forward to the present, I am north of 50 years old and I want to be better. In the past, I tried to do it alone and wiped out by February. Hopefully, joining a group will help me make all those small changes that lead to a better and healthier lifestyle over time.

This group is amazing!! They really do give you support and help you stay on track!!!!

One of my goals I did not list earlier is being more active in the group!! This helps me everytime!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Another new member heading your way .. Please welcome @PamStellick :)

8gq9lp71da6s.jpg

@PamStellick Welcome to our team!!! Sorry for missing your intro but I think it occurred while I was working on a challenge and I miss the announcement. Hope you're having a great start to your New Year! When you get a second, make sure to read back through the entries in this chatroom for a lot of good information. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do what I can to assist.

Also, when you have time, introduce yourself so we can get to know you and a few of your goals for January! As you have probably read, I'm really excited about what is going to happen in 2022 and even though we're all dealing with COVID and are limited on activities, thank goodness we have options and can find ways to be active even without the gym.

If you're a walk fanatic, I encourage you to sign up for our step challenge. You can find the chart for the step challenge directly beneath the spreadsheet where the weekly weigh ins are recorded...just go to the main Fat2Fit page, find the JANUARY spreadsheet and once you open it, scroll down and you'll see the step chart. All I need is your desire to join, your first name (for the chart), your daily step goal and a description of your favorite place to walk! Let me know.

I look forward to hearing more from you throughout the coming weeks!

Take care and again, welcome!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good YouTube Zumba type work out? I miss my Zumba class but will not be joining the commercial gym again. We set up a home gym when Covid started and I much prefer lifting weights without an audience.

@CasandraW I didn't miss your message, it just took me a bit to do some research. Once I saw your message, I went to a friend of mine who uses lots of YouTube video workouts for more information. The only ones I tend to use are the walking ones by Leslie Sansone. Here was her response:

Hi Jessica! I don't know of a full Zumba one but of shorter dance workouts that are one song each.

Here's my playlist with the single dance songs, they're pretty fun!
    There's a hip hop one and some belly dancing ones that are longer.

This one is an actual Zumba instructor and this dance is really fun, I'm signed up for when she releases new dances

https://youtu.be/RtZop9VA9Uc

I don't think she's on my playlist but she's another popular dance instructor, Dance With Jessica, her and Fitness Marshall are popular for dances but not everyone likes Fitness Marshall because he's very flamboyant, I went to UC Santa Cruz so I don't care, I think he's funny and over the top. I didn't really get into Dance Fitness With Jessica but here's one of hers:

https://youtu.be/Tj3fuAw0iRA

This instructor is fun too

https://youtu.be/Q7aLjjkB9JQ

Hope this helps Casandra...let me know if you need more references and I'll go back to the drawing board. I know you'll find something as there's so much out there...

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi SS...I am trying to help @PamStellick find her way to your amazing team....She keeps starting a new thread instead of using the link I gave her.. Jessica maybe you can help her out ...Thanks Megan :)
  • jessicakrall8
    @CasandraW and @Katmary71 That Pussycat Dolls one had my attention!! LOVED that song...had to do that one about three times. I had to make a couple of changes due to my knee issues, but man I can't wait to do that one after another 50 pounds comes off...making plans to tear that one up! LOL

I so wish I could rush things along, but all in good time...and 76 pounds ago, I couldn't have done any of it!! YAY!

Thanks Kat, for sharing...keep em coming as you find them...just shoot me an email or pop in and post them please!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.