WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Happy New Year !

What a journey, @Gidgitgoescrazy! I was so glad to read that your pain is mostly gone now. What a relief!

Jenn

• kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You all sound like you're doing great getting back into a routine after the holidays! I don't go back to work until tomorrow, which is great so I'm doing a bunch of meal prep today.

1/2 exercise:
    17,362 steps + 10 flights of a stair on a hill, for which Fitbit gave me 80 total flights (I'm not sure if this counts beyond the steps, but it was tough!)

We had a really nice day yesterday - a break in the deep freeze that Alberta is currently experiencing - got up to around 1C. But now it's back down to about -20C. The temperature change wreaks havoc on my body for sure 😅
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1/2: 27 minutes weightlifting + 3974 steps
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For the step challenge, my goal is 8,000 steps per day.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    twdempsey wrote: »
    Hi all. I did my starting weigh in today. 198. Do I just write it here to report it? Do I sign up for the step challenge somewhere? Do I report here? Thanks for any advice. 🤪

Hi Wendy! Great to see you here - this is the place for everything. You report here, chat here, rant, ask questions, anything you like. I fill in the spreadsheet data every week for weights, and @ashleycarole86 for steps and/or exercise. If you have time, read the posts from the beginning of the month (if you have not yet) and try to drop by every day to keep the level of encouragement and accountability high. It helps a lot! The very first posts here in the month explain how everything works.

I had your starting weight (from when you signed up) as 197, so this weigh-in is your week 1. If that is not correct, let me know!

Bookmark the Fat2Fit home page and check out the full group challenge (new one every week), the recipe thread, the habit tracker, and the weekly results:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday! We're at -20C (-2F) today (thanks, Alberta!) but I welcome the real January temps. I know. It's weird, but it makes me happy B) Mind you, Alberta does exaggerate a bit.

I'm feeling a bit sore from my return to more strength building workouts, but it just shows I needed to get on that and stick with it. The upper and mid back work is what feels the best. Tightening up everything in there always makes a huge difference. Pilates helps, but this is going further.

This week's challenge is a tough one! Every day there are questions to answer - some of them are hard, but it is all a good way to deepen the new year energy and form a better idea of what steps to put into place. If you haven't been over there, check it out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852416/january-week-1-group-challenge-things-to-do-in-2022#latest
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh-in Day - Monday
    PW - 185.3
    CW - 183.7

Feeling more motivated than I have in months 😊
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Steps from January 2 - 8,001

(I had to walk in place for a bit to hit my goal lol)
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge

While it's a step challenge, your daily steps from your tracker AND your minutes of intentional exercise will all count.

Please let me know if you're joining for January (returning members will be automatically re-added unless you tell me otherwise), and provide me with a daily step pledge (if you'd like to make one) so I can include you in those stats as well.

Then, report by the end of the day Sunday for the Sunday-Saturday of the previous week. You're also welcome to report daily like me, or whatever is easiest for you. As long as all the week's stats are there by end of day Sunday wherever you live, your steps will be counted in my weekly report.

I can attest to having to report in making it easier to get the exercise done. If you're motivated by the same, join us, and let's get inspiratin for by one another. No matter your goals, all are welcome!

Can you include me in Step Challenge for January? I will use my tracker and other activity using the StepConversionChart posted here for counting the steps
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I made Boo's ridiculous brownies today and they turned out great. Easy to make, delicious, huge quantity and low macros(366 kcal for 9g carbs, 14g fats, 40g protein), what else is there

q669g5ibqvhe.jpg
    ix6sitay7lrc.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    Just love those step reports @ashleycarole86 ! Let's see how far we can get this week :smiley:

I had a great snowshoe today - it was cold so I didn't have to take off my hat and mittens, undo my coat, tie my scarf around my waist after the first couple of hills. Everything stayed on today! It was a crystal clear day, so the view when I got to the highest point on our land was beautiful. There were lots of tracks made by our resident coyote - it seems there is one, but it might be a pair.

@dd265 I hope everything goes all right with your renovations. That is quite the big project you have going by the sounds of it, together with going back to work, your OH's new job - lots has been happening. You're the boss at meal prep, though. You should give us a seminar!

@conleywoods
    Thanks for the photos of the fun cards! Those are always a blast.

Quick update on weigh-ins --

Still due today:
    @kdblpn
    @alexpufhal

Due Tuesday:
    @Nancy52781
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    My niece is trying to join us but she is having a difficult time getting to this thread and being able to comment. She has a different phone than me, so I’m having trouble helping her.

I have met my step goal today. About to go finish logging. Working on the water. No actual exercise. We had a windy rainy storm last night with snow today. Got a call from my daughter at 7:30 am. They lost power and needed to come over. My daughter has her interview tomorrow. I’m having all kinds of feelings about making a move, especially while navigating a COVID surge. Ughhhhh So I never got to my Pilates. Boooo. I will have my granddaughter early tomorrow while Kirsten has a 3 hour zoom-like interview.

Anyway, really going to have to work hard to keep it together this week. I will take all your good vibes if you don’t mind.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Can you include me in Step Challenge for January? I will use my tracker and other activity using the StepConversionChart posted here for counting the steps

You're in - glad to have you!
    If you want to make a step pledge to be counted in those stats, let me know what you're targeting to.
    Just to be clear, you don't have to worry about doing the activity to step conversion yourself - I do that on the spreadsheet (but you can always see the details in my formulas if you want to see how things are being assigned).

Happy stepping all! I'll be back in a bit with the December month-end report.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Anyway, really going to have to work hard to keep it together this week. I will take all your good vibes if you don’t mind.
    Seems like this potential move has been weighing on your mind quite a bit. It's clear that you are such a rock for your family. I am always happy when I hear you've had the time to do the things you like to do for yourself. Good vibes for sure going your way - these transitional moments (or even just the thought they may be coming) are tough and it can be so hard to keep habits and routines going when you have those things on your mind.
    Always glad to see you here and hope your niece finds her way as well. If there's anything I can do to help her find us, just let me know! I have an Android.

• jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    My niece is trying to join us but she is having a difficult time getting to this thread and being able to comment. She has a different phone than me, so I’m having trouble helping her.

I have met my step goal today. About to go finish logging. Working on the water. No actual exercise. We had a windy rainy storm last night with snow today. Got a call from my daughter at 7:30 am. They lost power and needed to come over. My daughter has her interview tomorrow. I’m having all kinds of feelings about making a move, especially while navigating a COVID surge. Ughhhhh So I never got to my Pilates. Boooo. I will have my granddaughter early tomorrow while Kirsten has a 3 hour zoom-like interview.

Here they come -
    mb26dp43wvno.png

That thing that might not happen, and certainly will not happen today, don't let worrying about that thing keep you from your 15 minutes of Pilates or a wild session of marching around the house if it is bad weather. Your daughter is having an interview. You are having a good day. Gooood vibes from Mom. And from all of us to you!
This discussion has been closed.