WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Today was a wash, I don't think I slept at all last night, i couldn't get comfortable and I had hot/chill flashes constantly... I was just miserable... I went into work but only stayed an hour, cause I just wasn't feeling it. It snowed today, and was cold. I will work from home tomorrow because it's going to be very icy and luckily my work understands that a slip and fall would be really bad for me at this point.

Food was good today. I really didn't have an appetite, so if anything I under ate...

Here's to a good nights sleep and a better tomorrow... 😴

• lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1/3 Steps: 10,052
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    f101e8w4lydb.png
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Steps for January 3

Plus 30 minutes of yoga
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Today's check in ✅
    Calories are under for the day
    20 minutes of pilates on the reformer
    Stocked up at the grocery store

@DD265 I'm going to channel my inner Katie and make some freezer meals and dinner prep. Just bought a new crock pot today to replace my very small one. Hope your home renovations go well and on time.

@micki48 Hang in there. If you move, you move. If she doesn't get the job, you stay put. I know it's hard to not let your mind run wild with a possible move to do list. It's obviously important that you guys are all together. Sending hugs
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I still love those cards! Enjoy the results of your meal prep - and the prep itself, if you can lol

@micki48 I would be stressing about a potential move as well. Your daughter is very lucky to have you supporting her.

@jugar it's not a huge house but yes the living area and hallways make up a big chunk of it. We've been here almost 3 years and the state of the hallways/living room has always bothered me. Old tatty carpet, walls and skirting I could never get clean no matter how much I scrubbed, and horrid textured ceilings. I know it'll be a weight off my shoulders so well worth the temporary disruption and cost.

As far as meal prep goes, I kind of "levelled up" as follows so it wasn't a horrendous shock:
    1 - meal plan each week in advance
    2 - don't scale down recipes - there are 2 of us, but most recipes serve 4 - and freeze the extra portions
    3 - double recipes that suit it; stews, curries and soups all cook better in bigger quantities IMO, and taste better reheated
    4 - cook one extra meal per week for the freezer
    5 - cook several freezer meals in one weekend

I do want to incorporate a few more 'fresh' dishes each week, like stir fry, but we desperately needed some freezer space this week and using our freezer food allowed us to come in under the month's food budget.

@ashleycarole86 thanks for all the effort you're putting in to the step report! If only I took shorter steps, I could increase mine by 50% but it's actually quite a lot of effort. I take after my dad and have a long stride, which I need to keep up with OH, but when I walk with Mom she gets way more steps than I do. Perhaps I shall try it on my next walk; more effort means more calories burned, right?

Early start this morning for training - we talked about my next goals so C can put together a program, and then began the preparation for one of them which is to be able to hold a handstand unsupported for 10 seconds (because why not?). We'll also be focusing on running, then in a couple of months when the weather has improved for us to train outside we can look at the overhead press. Came home and did some last minute prep for the plasterers, and now the cats and I are holed up in the office. Some of us are happier about that than others!
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Monday! We're at -20C (-2F) today (thanks, Alberta!) but I welcome the real January temps. I know. It's weird, but it makes me happy B) Mind you, Alberta does exaggerate a bit.

@jugar: really cold here, too, in Massachusetts USA. But I took the dog out for an abbreviated walk by the lake. The ice spooked her a bit. Stay warm!

Jenn

• metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Got outside for a nice, long hike

@waifer003 What a beautiful photo! We've got the freezing temperatures here in Massachusetts USA, but no snow to speak of yet, which makes me sad.

Jenn

• metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    I made Boo's ridiculous brownies today

Ooooh, yum, Sam @happimess01! These are just what I need. When are you delivering them to my house? :D
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristi and I live in Washington USA.

Hi, Kristi @conleywoods! Great to meet you. I lived in WA for four years: Seattle. I remember one day we got a dusting of snow there. I have never seen anything like it before or since -- it was absolute mayhem! Chains on tires, people skidding off the road, so many accidents. I have spent most of my life living in MA and VT...oh! I just always think about that one winter in WA -- it was just supreme!

Jenn

• metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    1/3: 32 minutes weightlifting + 32 minutes walking + 6861 steps

Jenn
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @evangsimmons170 and a gorgeous photo <3
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    New year, new motivation! I finally signed up for Supernatural VR on the Quest 2 - if anyone else uses it, I'd love to have some friends on there! Working on bringing my sugar cravings down, which means less sugar and carbs. Going on Day 2 and feeling pretty determined :)
    I expect my weigh-in to be a mess tomorrow with water retention and coming back from the holidays.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Beautiful wedding photo and such an inspiring intro. Welcome back, so glad to have you and looking forward to seeing you slay this year ahead!

@DD265 Good point about stride length.. something I've never thought about before but that would make such a difference.

@metaphysicalstudio Jenn, did your 32 minutes of walking get captured in the 6861 steps, or was this in addition to those steps? Just want to make sure I'm giving you accurate credit.

It's COLD in Manitoba (what else is new) and I've been getting all my steps walking around my Dad's house. Makes me feel like a goof, but it gets the job done. I love my options when I travel now - I bring my yoga mat and some light dumbbells and I'm set. I asked for a jump rope for Christmas and I also have different kinds of resistance bands and of course my own bodyweight so I've left myself with no excuses. I do miss having access to my Peloton but I'll make up for it when I get home ;)

Last full day here with Dad - it's a quiet sleeper town he lives in so it's a very relaxing place to be. Supposed to get some snow today so fingers crossed for good roads for our trip back tomorrow.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Just read a good article to keep us inspired

Even 1 small change can lead to healthier eating. Here are 6 to consider.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2022/01/03/how-make-smart-new-year-resolutions/

• kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It is freezing here and my first day back at work so I drove to work in -40C wind chill. The blowing snow made the visibility quite poor at times. It was a stressful drive and I am not looking forward to driving home.

1/3 exercise:
    15,745 steps which included a 90 minute stint on the treadmill and a brisk 10 minute walk in the freezing cold with my hubby.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @metaphysicalstudio I live near Mt. Spokane on the other side of Washington state where we have real winter and can drive appropriately! Ha, Seattle is a total wreck when they get a skiff of snow. We had relatives move here after 30 years in Seattle and it was a bit of an adjustment. They quickly bought there first set of snow tires and now get around like pros. I think every summer we have someone from Seattle move to our road. We will get 10 inches and they usually can't imagine it will get any worse. They are generally disappointed and a for sale sign is up in the spring. I have visited Vermont and Massachusetts once when I was a kid in the fall. So beautiful!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I made Boo's ridiculous brownies today

Ooooh, yum, Sam @happimess01! These are just what I need. When are you delivering them to my house? :D

hahaha they are super easy to make..get baking -
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    1/3 exercise:
    8250 steps + 20 minutes yoga
This discussion has been closed.