Jump in January Accountably thread

Options

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    k8richer wrote: »
    Having been sick for the last weeks of December, however. I need to remember to ease back into things. I did a great weight /strength workout but was so sore that I had to take days off. And I went for a great run but it totally zapped energy. So I just need to dial a few things back and ramp up slowly. Not a problem! I can do this. I'm going for a power walk today and doing a short weights session

glad you are feeling better!

• pepeloom
    pepeloom Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I got some extra kg during lockdown and since the gyms closed I lost a lot of basic fitness. I've since been chaotic with homeworkouts. This week I started again, doing the Chloe Ting 2022 weight loss challenge. Let's see where it takes me.
    Ultimately I would like to get back to 49kg (108lbs), and waist 66cm by the beginning of summer.

Stats
    Height: 163 cm (5'4")
    Starting weight: 55,9 kg / 123lbs (3rd Jan 2022)
    Starting measurements: Waist 70cm

3rd Jan: 55,9kg (123lbs) / waist 70 cm

• stacyrey12
    stacyrey12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey all, do you post your stats weekly, or stick with month beginning/end?
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi @stacyrey12 It’s completely up to you! You can post as often or as little as you like. Some people post at regular intervals, like a certain day of the week. Some people post every day. Others, like me, are a bit more random and post whenever they have a moment. Whatever works for you to keep you motivated.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    'm just maintaining, but this is my favorite group/way to do it.

5'5", 44 year's old
    GW: 123-128 or so (Ie: 125, give or take a little)

1-3: 125.1
    1-10: 124.8
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    January Goal: Under 145
    Ultimate Goal: 130

5’4” 35

01/01: 148.0
    01/05: 147.8
    01/07: 147.0
    01/09: 148.1
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I had my first PT session of the year last night. A nice strength workout with a lot of deadlifts. I can feel my glutes today :#

For the newbies: Weigh-ins vary a lot from person to person. In the past I have used an app (Happy Scale) to track my weight trend by weighing myself daily. Personally I found it a good way to track my average trend because a woman's weight fluctuates so much more because of the female hormonal cycle alone (yay, biology!). I'm not doing it at the moment but am toying with the idea of re-introducing it. My downfall is not getting up in time, rushing to get ready for work and forgetting to weigh in...

I have found that my sugar intake has dropped. I certainly haven't banned sugar or made a conscious effort on that front, but i think my choice of good carbs on the whole (hello porridge!) has helped with the slow burn and energy release. The majority of my sugar now comes from natural sources. I also baked my first sourdough loaf in probably about a year on Friday, and the result was a bloat free weekend, which I think also have a part to play in my increased my energy levels.

Little changes, all very manageable.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    caunogtusbs8.jpg
    kz26eam0qs68.jpg

@k8richer - Not the pics you are after I suppose, but I thought I'd share my bloat free bread anyway :D

*drools a little bit*

that looks delicious!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Of course on weigh in day I have my heaviest weigh-in since last week Friday...

New workouts have been good so far, glad I went with 3x/week with some type of "cardio" 2-3x/week on the "off" days - lets me have a shorter workout on those cardio days which is a little less overwhelming with my current schedule.

5'7", 43 years old

CW 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish

1/5/22: 155.0
    1/12/22: 154.4
  • Move_It_Renee
    Move_It_Renee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    50, almost 5'5''
    Jan GW 129 lbs

Jan 1 133 lbs
    Jan 8 131.4 lbs
    Jan 15 131.8 lbs

As you can see, I did not lose any weight this past week. On Monday, I shopped when I was hungry, and bought some junk food. I spent the next few evenings eating it! By Thursday, I was over it, and was able to get back on track. Although I didn't make progress on the weight front, I do feel like I had a small victory - normally I would have finished the junk food before getting back to the plan!