Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    @tslose
    Nice week of steps!

@Gwiz401
    Take it minute by minute. If you feel your emotions getting the better of you, com on here and post. You got the next 11 days!

@Beautyofdreams
    Very nice weight session! I can’t wait for spring!

@Pippin20206
    Thanks for telling us about Sammy. We can all take a lesson from him. He is so cute.

@rwood566
    That’s so good that you walked instead of driving. See your healthy decision paid off. Your bread looks good. Thanks for the recipe.

@peng123
    Awesome day! How are the knees feeling today?

@jimboden3
    Nice loss! Sorry about your sprain. That’s the spirit by increasing those steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/16
    Step count 4153

Sleet and ice here in the south, not the snow I wanted. Nevertheless I stayed inside and took a rest day. I did snack too much, inactivity is not a good thing I found, but I whooshed all the water my sore muscles were holding on to down over 2.5 pounds since Saturday. Now if I can only hold on to that weight!

Gotta love having a whoosh.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers .... We are about to go out walking for the 1st time in over a week ..I am excited to get back out there ... then we have a bunch of running around to do after that ...I hope everyone has a great day :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 My knees are hanging in there - I try to get some exercise whenever they pop back into the right position - I see the doctor in two days - looking forward to finding a solution so I can get back to my regular exercise schedule - thanks for asking!
  • peng123
    @Gwiz401 You can do it! Just break the time down into manageable increments - hours, days - whatever works best for you! 11 days will be here in no time!
  • lindamtuck2018
    ❌close rings
    ✅steps 4,043
    ✅log food daily

The scales took a big jump the last 3 days. I am up 7 pounds since Friday. Lots of factors at play but the jiggs dinner last night was the biggest contributor. Very high sodium. I am hoping it comes down by Friday.

I am going to fight to close my exercise ring today. I have done 8 minutes of mini walking but I got credit for 4. I don’t care how many mini walks it takes but I will get the 20 minutes done. I have a massage later today so I am hoping it loosens things up so I can move faster.

Have a great Monday!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Good morning everyone. I’m late in posting, but I’ve been logging in everyday, and logging my food. The scale has been all over the place - I think between holidays, water and salt weight - the scale has not been my friend. I met my step goal almost everyday last week, which is exciting. I have to remind myself (frequently!) that even though I’m not where I want to be, I am much further along than where I started.

My biggest issues though are definitely sweets and wine. Not to mention, when I have a glass of wine, I really want chocolate lol - not good for my diet, but they sure do go well together!

I did really well walking last week. During my planning period at work I like to do laps around my floor - it’s also a good way to release stress - which as a teacher there’s definitely plenty of, right now!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Last week’s numbers:
    PW: 165
    CW: 163.6
    Steps:
    1/8: 2,994
    1/9: 1,595
    1/10: 10,798
    1/11: 9,231
    1/12: 9,365
    1/13: 8,646
    1/14: 6,335
    1/15: 1,500
    1/16: 5,179
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 239.4
    CW (Current Weight): 237

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in. I usually post early in the morning, but was rushing so didn't have time.

Nice to start getting back some of the losses I did before. I'm thinking about incorporating some weightlifting back in here and there. No idea if it works but it'll mentally feel better.
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    @red1185 wine and chocolate are an evil combination :D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Used my new instant pot for the 1st time just now ... I made hard boiled eggs in it which took 5 minutes to cook and they came out perfect ... I was terrified of the pressure cooker since I have never used one
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/17
    Treadmill 55 minutes 3.18 miles
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. Another Monday. Ugh.
    Check in for 1/17:
    Steps - 5387 plus 20 minutes recumbent bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 1650
    Exercise - gym. 8 machines and 20 minutes bike. Would have done more machines but people kept jumping on them.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

I hope you were able to rest your back and it is better!!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'm pasting a message I posted a little bit ago to my wall. I'm a little preoccupied, and I wanted to let you all know why. 🧡🧡 Lee

"Also, to those of you who responded to a question I asked a couple of days ago, I will have time to respond later today. Trying to catch up on a ton of stuff. Hubs will need an ankle replacement in mid-March😬😳. I'm busy as a "cat covering it up," as the saying goes. He is in excellent health. It stems from an old injury. He is very, very active and it has started to interfere with some of his favorite activities, etc.

I'm grateful for all of you!! Be well. 😊🧡 Lee"
  • peng123
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

1/17:
    Calories: 1,177
    Exercise: None
    Steps: 4,437

I had to rest my knees yesterday - looking forward to my knee doctor visit tomorrow - I hope you are all having a great day!!

@Bluetail6 I'm so sorry about your husband's ankle - I hope all goes well and he recovers quickly - I know it's frustrating to be sidelined when you want to be active.

@rwood566 Your exercise discipline is amazing!

@beautyofdreams Excellent exercise effort!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 A friend gave me an Instant Pot several years ago - I've never used it - I'm afraid of it. Also - Congratulations on your loss this week!

@mszoueb Impressive loss! Congratulations!!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Steps 6326
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/17
    Step count 7416
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

1/17:
    Calories: 1,177
    Exercise: None
    Steps: 4,437

I had to rest my knees yesterday - looking forward to my knee doctor visit tomorrow - I hope you are all having a great day!!

@Bluetail6 I'm so sorry about your husband's ankle - I hope all goes well and he recovers quickly - I know it's frustrating to be sidelined when you want to be active.

@rwood566 Your exercise discipline is amazing!

@beautyofdreams Excellent exercise effort!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 A friend gave me an Instant Pot several years ago - I've never used it - I'm afraid of it. Also - Congratulations on your loss this week!

@mszoueb Impressive loss! Congratulations!!

I think I will like this gadget .... It wasn't too bad of an experience... the pressure cooker part scared me and the steam coming out of the top freaked me out for a few minutes but at least my eggs came out good ...now I can make my cobb salad and put them in the little meal prep containers I bought ... thanks for the congratulations :)
This discussion has been closed.