WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Nancy52781 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry for the missed weight in..covid decided to pay my household an unwelcome visit!! You would think not being able to taste anything I would not have messed up my diet but I did..royally!!! All I have been doing is sleeping and eating the past week. At this time I think I am going to pull out from the group as I know I won’t be able to get back on track until everyone is better. Good luck to everyone ❤️

I'm sorry to hear that! If you like, I can put you on the Support Team. This way, you can keep posting and dropping by, but you do not need to weigh in. When you are ready, it is simple to go back onto the regular team. Would that be of interest?
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    gak71 wrote: »
    I’ve been struggling to find my motivation but today we’ve started planning a summer trip - those tend to give me some motivation. There will be a lot of hiking so I’ll need to prepare!

Ooh, where?? This is super motivating... love that!
  • jugar
    @ashleycarole86 Lucky you! It's Thursday again tomorrow! You and all the lovely Thursday people are ready to dazzle with your weigh-ins, right?

@eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

And there are a couple of open spaces -
    @MoStacy
    @twdempsey

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    Hi! I have been very good with my calories this week but every time I get on the scale...nothing. I'm really hopeful that my Friday weigh in will be ok. Work is kind of a disaster zone with covid. We are missing a ton of staff and only a third of our afternoon students came to school today. One of our teachers has had enough and retired today! So crazy! Not sure what the next few weeks will look like so one day at a time. My plan for February is to just keep at it slow and steady. I heard a funny saying the other day that I liked! "It's a lot easier to fall off the wagon if its going 100 mph" I am keeping my wagon under control and maybe around 30 mph. Taking a bump at a slower speed isn't too bad. Taking a bump at 100 mph can be catastrophic. Another question 🤔 Do you view yourself as passively riding on the metaphorical wagon or driving the wagon?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @kdblpn that sounds really positive, I bet you can't wait to hit the gym again.

@micki48 I think moving in together makes sense, plus you can trial it before you buy then ;) I agree with you about this week dragging!

@conleywoods I'm sorry your work is so messy atm. It must be really challenging for staff, students and parents. I've always considered myself to be riding the wagon, occasionally (more often than I would like in the last 6 months) smashing it up and setting it on fire. I suspect the 'correct' answer is that we ought to be driving the wagon, and I like that saying as well.

I took it easier last night. We went for an hours walk, and it's always super quick due to OH's long legs - I told him my mind was dragging my body around this one but was glad we'd done it. I did some admin on the PC but nothing else physical and was asleep by 10.30. I've had weird dreams the past few nights; think my subconscious is dealing with my stress but how these events fit into it is beyond me!

The decorators are applying colour now, and it's looking great. They are expecting to finish on Sunday, but may run in to Monday, and the flooring is booked for Tuesday. The end is in sight and I can't wait. The house is very echo-y without any flooring down, and I miss my evenings cross stitching in front of the TV. I'm also really looking forward to those upholstery projects which can be started once the furniture is back where it belongs.

I over ate a bit yesterday too, but back on track today. I've pre-entered my main meals and will stay within the calorie goal. I need to retain that focus in February and I think it'll be fine as long as I don't tire myself out quite so much as I have this week.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    @kdblpn Glad to hear that you're back at it!

@conleywoods I would say that I view myself as driving the wagon; I am more of a leader in life rather than a passenger.

@DD265 Pre-logging meals is a great idea. That helps me stay motivated and focused, too.

@ashleycarole86 Great loss this week! Wow!

@evangsimmons170 I like your attitude! Do not give up!

Going out with some friends tonight, as I usually do on Thursday night. I am looking forward to it; I have my food logged and ready to go.

Jenn
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    @jugar
    CW 157
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    @PlaneMonkey I'm so sorry to read about your dad. I think you've got your head and your heart in the right place...remembering all the great things and being grateful. still...hugs.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    gak71 wrote: »
    I’ve been struggling to find my motivation but today we’ve started planning a summer trip - those tend to give me some motivation. There will be a lot of hiking so I’ll need to prepare!

Ooh, where?? This is super motivating... love that!

We are heli-hiking around the Bobbie Burns Lodge and the Bugaboos near Banff. I’m not familiar with either of those areas but from what I have read it should be an epic trip. I may need to reach out to Brad and Sam for some pointers, they both seem to have mastered this weight loss thing!
  • jugar
    @gak71 Banff and the Bugaboos - lucky you!! I'm sure @ashleycarole86 and the other Albertans can give you lots of thoughts about that area. Heli-hiking sounds amazing!

Snowshoeing was fabulous today - I was a happy camper the whole time I was out there! Huffing and puffing sometimes, but what a beautiful day.

Friday people, get in line, now - no elbowing your way to the front...
    @KellyBgetsFit (special guest Friday person!!)
    @Steph1498
    @Pearl4686
    @Micki48
    @happimess01
    @gak71
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red

and calling @MoStacy - hope you're doing OK! Weigh in if you can, or let me know if you need the week off. Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    It's finally Friday! I hope everyone is OK :smile:

Had another busy evening yesterday; went for a walk, primed the woodwork in the airing cupboard and decided I'm going to top coat it all so that's more work. Future me will be grateful when it's done, though. I've been for a run before work which was hard going - I think because it's so cold and I'm tired - so plenty of walking involved. This was the recovery run, mostly because of how I was feeling, but the pace when we were running was pretty good. It's my half day today, and in the afternoon I'm going to give the decorators a hand (if they'll let me) to hopefully push things along a bit.

Food wise, I stayed comfortably within calorie goal yesterday and am on track to do the same today. I've had a yoghurt and sausage roll for breakfast, have a nice wrap for lunch, then we've a lamb rogan josh for dinner - it's the sides with this last meal that are quite high in calories, but I wasn't a huge fan of cauliflower rice and will settle for either skipping rice or halving the naan portion if I want more snacking calories this evening.
This discussion has been closed.