Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,933 Member
    Pools can open on January 31st! I am a happy camper right now. 😃

That's awesome Linda... I am happy for you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Hello Team. Finally able to check in with you guys. I wish I could do better on being active in here. This week I’ve struggled a bit with feeling tired. I’m feeling a little better today but still struggling through my workouts. Yesterday was my first day logging my food and I’ve been doing good with it again today. I hope I can keep up with that. I got on the scale this morning and it seems I have a bit of a spike. I do hope I manage to get it back down by Saturdays weigh in. I’m not too sure why I’m feeling so low on energy but I do hope it passes soon. I think it maybe hormonal as I’m also quite emotional these days.

Anyways @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps so far.

Sun - 15,953
    Mon - 26,582
    Tue - 16,830
    Wed - 13,800

I hope you are all have a good Thursday. Hugs teammates.

💪🏻♥️👍🏻

We are glad to see you when you can stop by. Have you had your thyroid checked lately?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Now the wait begins to see a surgeon. The doctor I saw today said it will be a long wait because of Covid.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Glad you will be able to resume swimming and aqua exercises soon, Linda. Hope you don’t have to wait long for a surgeon. Stay safe in the snow squall. My rec center offers lap swimming 3 days a week. Have toyed with going but it is so cold at 6am. Can’t wait for the cold front to move on.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    it is a cool and sunny day here today. my daughter says hello to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk this afternoon and i feel amazing! i will be doing some dancing later on, most likely after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Glad you will be able to resume swimming and aqua exercises soon, Linda. Hope you don’t have to wait long for a surgeon. Stay safe in the snow squall. My rec center offers lap swimming 3 days a week. Have toyed with going but it is so cold at 6am. Can’t wait for the cold front to move on.

Me too! I have to walk to the pool house. It’s not to far but I will need to bundle up if it stays cold. There is a small change room but I usually throw my pants on over my bathing suit.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening. Another weekend is getting close. Get your party hats ready.
    Check in for 1/20:
    Steps - 4983
    Calories - 1563 or close. I had half of a large cookie at breakfast. I logged it before eating it and found out the whole cookie was 680 cal. Decided half was better.
    Exercise - gym in the morning. 9 machines but no cardio. Back started twinging so I stopped.

@lindamtuck2018 congrats on the pool and good luck with the surgeon.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtu

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 144
    CW: 144

Not quite ready to think I hit a plateau. I'm just going to have to be even more vigilant. 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/20
    41 minutes treadmill 2.35 miles
    40 minutes strength training, moderate effort

Quite the calorie burn happening there. Great job!

it is a cool and sunny day here today. my daughter says hello to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk this afternoon and i feel amazing! i will be doing some dancing later on, most likely after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.

Hello to you too! I would love to have budgies but I don’t trust my cats. Isn’t great how exercise makes us feel good!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening. Another weekend is getting close. Get your party hats ready.
    Check in for 1/20:
    Steps - 4983
    Calories - 1563 or close. I had half of a large cookie at breakfast. I logged it before eating it and found out the whole cookie was 680 cal. Decided half was better.
    Exercise - gym in the morning. 9 machines but no cardio. Back started twinging so I stopped.

@lindamtuck2018 congrats on the pool and good luck with the surgeon.

Is always better to log first. I got lazy this week and logged at the end of the day. A few days I was over.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtu

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 144
    CW: 144

Not quite ready to think I hit a plateau. I'm just going to have to be even more vigilant. 😊

Your loss to date is amazing!
    aneedlecraft
    Thursday
    PW: 325
    CW: 324

Nice loss,
    Steps 8203 woo!
    Had my booster today so feeling a bit cruddy. Sorry i haven't been very chatty. I normally do my check in just before bed and half the time I'm too tired to write much. Feel like I'm slowly getting back on track though.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. They are giving a fourth boosters to certain groups here now so I will be booking it today. Great job on the steps!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/20
    Step count 7283
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,933 Member
    edited January 2022
    ❌close rings
    ✅steps 4,553
    ✅log food daily

PW 201.8
    CW 207.2

Sorry! It’s a big jump. My weight spiked from yesterday but I used soya sauce on my rice last night. This week going forward I need to watch my sodium, pre log all my meals, rethink my evening snack and try to get some form of exercise. Also, I am wondering if some of the weight could be caused by inflammation due to the groin/thigh injury. What do you guys think?

It’s another day of rest for me. What are your guys plans for the day/weekend?

Happy FriYAY!

You don't need to apologize about your weight ... there will always be ups and downs ... Yes your weight could be caused of inflammation ...drink lots of water ... rest and I bet you will lose some next week ...I have a lot of meal prepping and cleaning to do this weekend ...I am taking today off from walking ...I had my x-rays done yesterday on my hips/pelvis area I see my GP on the 1st ... I see my podiatrist on the 27th to get the x-ray results on my foot ... I hope my foot is nothing serious but my luck it just might be
This discussion has been closed.