• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Happy Friday 😊
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 241.8
    CW: 240.6. -1.2 LB
    It is a loss, but I gained 1.8 lb yesterday. Water weight probably. I went a bit heavy on the rub for the ribs. It will come out again.
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018,

I think there's a few of us who have this problem, too much fluid retention for one reason or another.

I had this problem last week and gained some weight from it. However, the last few days the water has come off and I'm now heading in the right direction.

I agree with @Megan_smartiepants1970, drink plenty of water, and rest.
    It may take a little while for the fluid to leave your body, eventually it will and everything will be okay.

@Megan_smartiepants1970, Wishing you the best on your test and that your foot is not to bad. You should also take it easy and rest.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    ❌close rings
    ✅steps 4,553
    ✅log food daily

PW 201.8
    CW 207.2

Sorry! It’s a big jump. My weight spiked from yesterday but I used soya sauce on my rice last night. This week going forward I need to watch my sodium, pre log all my meals, rethink my evening snack and try to get some form of exercise. Also, I am wondering if some of the weight could be caused by inflammation due to the groin/thigh injury. What do you guys think?

It’s another day of rest for me. What are your guys plans for the day/weekend?

Happy FriYAY!

You don't need to apologize about your weight ... there will always be ups and downs ... Yes your weight could be caused of inflammation ...drink lots of water ... rest and I bet you will lose some next week ...I have a lot of meal prepping and cleaning to do this weekend ...I am taking today off from walking ...I had my x-rays done yesterday on my hips/pelvis area I see my GP on the 1st ... I see my podiatrist on the 27th to get the x-ray results on my foot ... I hope my foot is nothing serious but my luck it just might be

I need to pick up my water intake as I have been drinking way too much coffee. I hope your foot is ok. Is the walking aggravating it? I have to get my blood work done today for my family doctor and my rheumatologist. I think my A1C is on its way up. I will refuse to go back on insulin.

Awesome loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Happy Friday 😊
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 241.8
    CW: 240.6. -1.2 LB
    It is a loss, but I gained 1.8 lb yesterday. Water weight probably. I went a bit heavy on the rub for the ribs. It will come out again.

Nice loss! Sodium got me too. I usually try not to plan any meal that’s high in sodium on Thursday. I wasn’t thinking last week when meal planning.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Friday, Downsizers!

I apologize for not checking in - my dad ended up in the hospital but he's doing fine. I continued to stay at my calorie limit. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 My steps are:
    1/19: 7,939
    1/20: 7,716

Healing vibes for your Dad. How did you make out at the knee doctor?

@lindamtuck2018,

I think there's a few of us who have this problem, too much fluid retention for one reason or another.

I had this problem last week and gained some weight from it. However, the last few days the water has come off and I'm now heading in the right direction.

It may take a little while for the fluid to leave your body, eventually it will and everything will be okay.

@Megan_smartiepants1970, Wishing you the best on your test and that your foot is not to bad. You should also take it easy and rest.

It weird that so many things can cause water retention. Sodium is a guarantee for me. Glad the water weight has gone. How are your eyes doing?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    ❌close rings
    ✅steps 4,553
    ✅log food daily

PW 201.8
    CW 207.2

Sorry! It’s a big jump. My weight spiked from yesterday but I used soya sauce on my rice last night. This week going forward I need to watch my sodium, pre log all my meals, rethink my evening snack and try to get some form of exercise. Also, I am wondering if some of the weight could be caused by inflammation due to the groin/thigh injury. What do you guys think?

Happy FriYAY!

You don't need to apologize about your weight ... there will always be ups and downs ... Yes your weight could be caused of inflammation ...drink lots of water ... rest and I bet you will lose some next week ...I have a lot of meal prepping and cleaning to do this weekend ...I am taking today off from walking ...I had my x-rays done yesterday on my hips/pelvis area I see my GP on the 1st ... I see my podiatrist on the 27th to get the x-ray results on my foot ... I hope my foot is nothing serious but my luck it just might be

I need to pick up my water intake as I have been drinking way too much coffee. I hope your foot is ok. Is the walking aggravating it? I have to get my blood work done today for my family doctor and my rheumatologist. I think my A1C is on its way up. I will refuse to go back on insulin.

Awesome loss!

I am fine with walking 3 miles but when I do more I am on the couch with a swollen ankle and the top and side of my foot hurts real bad also my hips are on fire ... I have been wearing my boot per Dr's orders ....I have my blood work coming up in March... I know my Dr is not a fan of keto but I love the energy and my a1c #'s when I am on keto so I am going to get serious and start in February ...I have one of the huge water bottles from Amazon that has saying on it like good morning ... you are almost there etc ...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018,

Thanks @flowerblossom_58 ... I am meal prepping and cleaning in my boot ...I will be resting after I am done :)
  • KittyLady2
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018,.
    I've had cataract surgery on both my eyes, and the right eye was the worst. My left eye is fine (done back on 12/02/21) there's no problem everything is good;
    however, I'm still having problems with my right eye. (done on 01/06/22) It feels a little swollen and there's a still a little bit of pain, it's been two weeks since my right eye surgery, hopefully it would heal soon. The cataract was worse in my right eye then in my left eye. I think because I'm also diabetic it's taking longer to completely heal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ❌close rings
    ✅steps 4,553
    ✅log food daily

PW 201.8
    CW 207.2

Happy FriYAY!

Awesome loss!

I am fine with walking 3 miles but when I do more I am on the couch with a swollen ankle and the top and side of my foot hurts real bad also my hips are on fire ... I have been wearing my boot per Dr's orders ....I have my blood work coming up in March... I know my Dr is not a fan of keto but I love the energy and my a1c #'s when I am on keto so I am going to get serious and start in February ...I have one of the huge water bottles from Amazon that has saying on it like good morning ... you are almost there etc ...

Usually, I am good on water but my energy is not the greatest because of my sleep so I have been hitting the coffee hard in the morning. Why does your doctor not like keto?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/21
    Strength training moderate effort 35 minutes
    Stationary bike 20 minutes 1.8 miles

Am really dragging today. Didn’t sleep last night. Usually take a break from strength training today but want to shift my schedule so can take the busy days off at the rec center.

My brother-in-law was admitted to the hospital and had emergency surgery to remove blood clots around his lungs. The dr. thinks they were caused by Covid and says that he has extensive clots. Not sure when he will get home or how long the recovery will be.

That is smart avoiding the busy days at the gym given the Covid situation. Prayers and healing vibes for your brother in law. Is he Covid positive now or was it a previous infection? People don’t realize that some have effects from Covid long after the infection.

Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 185.6
    CW 182.3

Ya, I've lost the holiday weight plus some! I'm now 82.7kg which is a big milestone for me because previously I've always gotten stuck on 85kgs and not made it any further so here's hoping I can keep going towards my goal of 70kg.

Fantastic loss! You can get past that number. I have heard several people on the team say they get stuck at a certain point. Mine is 199. I think we have to not think of the number and just focus on the progress to get past it. And from your time in the group, I know you are focused. Sorry the booster is giving you a hard time.

aknroberts wrote: »
    aknroberts
    Thurs
    PW: 226.6
    CW: 225.9

Nice loss!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 1/21:
    Steps - 4076. Light shopping tonight.
    Calories - 1803 peach cobbler and a scoop of vanilla for dessert.
    Exercise - couch potato.

Started cleaning the pantry. Tossed old stuff and some junk foods. Made the cobbler to get the canned peaches out after 1 1/2 years.

That’s a great idea cleaning out the pantry.

Happy Saturday team. I’m here with my weigh-in.

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 3
    Previous weight : 213.6
    Current weight : 213.2

Steps :

Sun - 15,953
    Mon - 26,582
    Tue - 16,830
    Wed - 13,800
    Thu - 17,195
    Fri - 16,899
    Sat - TBA

Nice loss, Mari! That’s a great looking list of steps.
  • KittyLady2
    Options
    Username: flowerblossom_58
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 3
    PW: 305
    CW: 299
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: flowerblossom_58
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 3
    PW: 305
    CW: 299

Congratulations on reaching Twoterville! Awesome loss!
This discussion has been closed.