Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Well, in spite of my best efforts, the covid test came back positive....so far it has been cold symptoms, no fever, and an annoying coughing. I can still smell and taste and have experienced no loss of appetite. So far my husband feels fine and has no symptoms in spite of spending many hours in a car with me when this was starting. I have ordered at home tests and am hoping he will take one when they arrive today. Meanwhile we are staying home and I've been banished to the guest room-LOL!!
    My return to 17DD is going well and I am already down a couple of pounds but my return to exercise is delayed until I feel better. I am hopeful that this will be mild and short-lived since we are both fully vaccinated and boosted. Shari, I hope your son will be feeling better soon!!
    I'm glad you are all doing well with your plans!! Stay safe and well!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    DW, Hope your cough lessens and that you stay fever-free. Good idea to stay home and quarantine in your guest room! Congrats on dropping some pounds. That certainly should help you feel better.

I had a relatively good day today....fine with the IF timing and within my WW points. I didn't do a whole lot today, but the day seemed to go by quite quickly. Sometimes taking care of a lot of "little things" seems like not doing much but doing these things still takes time. I know I will accomplish a lot tomorrow. My to do list is already waiting for me.

Diane, thinking of you and keeping you and your family in prayer.

Have a good weekend friends!
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Glad you don't have a bad case of Covid DW. My son is finally on the mend as of yesterday. Two out of five in my immediate family have had it. We shall see how things go, we are said to be at our peak and start seeing a decline once again.

I had a bad eating day yesterday, I didn't drink my water and failed at IF. So I have some making up to do today. We had dinner out with friends we haven't seen for over a year and a half. It was a high calorie meal with a glass of wine. I did try to save up calories all day, which I should note helped, but I was still over. I am going to plan out my food for today and aim to eat lower calories over the weekend to make up for it.

I may paint some shiplap today. I don't really want to, but it needs doing. We are getting so close to having the bathroom done. The bigger one is turning out to be easier than our smaller one, mostly because it is much simpler.
  • mjjdzhere
    mjjdzhere Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    DW, praying for you. With this being so contagious, it is hard despite our best efforts.

So broke 17dd on the night with dd and have struggled getting back on track. Today needs to be better.

Need to finalize what I am wearing to the wedding. Last minute arrangements and count down.
  • atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    DW sorry you have Covid and hope it stays mild. My DIL had it and son slept in different room. He did not get it! Several people I know have come down with it. Not anyone I have been in contact with as we are in AZ and they in different states, etc. long time friend went for pre op checkup including Covid test. Came back positive but it will be more than Five days so she is still on schedule for Wed surgery. If her test had been negative then she had to have a second test Sunday to be sure it was still negative.. Crazy how it works with the 5 days and good to go…no restest just go have surgery (will be 8 days since positive test for her)!

Sorry others you all know have Covid too…how is your neighbor Paula?? He sounded like he had a worse case than people who had vaccine are getting?? 🙏🏻

I am still working through family issues. Starting to feel like I will eventually have to accept things that can’t be changed and I know I can do it. For a person who wants to “fix everything” it is hard, lol. My IF is going well. I am eating more treats than I should, especially comfort foods. But my weight is stable. Not losing, but mot gaining either. I will be OK with that for right now.

Had some very sad news yesterday from MN. Old friends/neighbors, he fell at home a few months ago…result/paralyzed from neck down. On ventilator. Was in Rochester Mayo a long time. His kids Remodeled home to accommodate special wheelchair and shower etc. The day he was set to go home, his wife was admitted with heart issues, had open heart surgery and so never came home with him. After about 3 weeks recovering there, she died yesterday, age 77. Now he is all alone in his home with 24hr care but no loving wife of 50+ yrs with him. Please pray for Dave and Mary, may she RIP. 🙏🏻

• Paulawilldo
    Options
    Diane, Such a sad story about your friends from MN. I will add Dave to my prayers for the ill and Mary to my departed list. Does Dave have a support system such as children, grandkids, etc.? I pray that he does. My neighbor Blaine is still home from the hospital, still on oxygen, and recovering slowly. Every day that he is home and not back in the hospital is progress. His wife is doing very well thank goodness.

Shari, how nice to be at the point where you can appreciate the progress with your remodeling! I am always amazed at how skilled you are when it comes to these things. I am a total klutz in any DIY project.

MJ, Enjoy this exciting time as the wedding approaches. Hope you have fun every step of the way!

Today started out well for me. That is typical. But I allowed myself to get too hungry and then when I finally had time to eat, I went way off plan. Craig was here working and required more of my attention than I anticipated. I expected him to be here 2 hours at the most, but it turned out to be almost 5 hours. I ate some broccoli and later some fruit to hold me over, but I really needed a substantial meal. I get so annoyed at myself when this happens! Ugh! Must start a new compliance streak tomorrow. I foresee no schedule challenges next week.....so anticipating the best.

A blessed Sunday to all.

• mjjdzhere
    Options
    Paula, I totally relate to the same cycle as yours. When I am too hungry, I reach for the easiest food, which is not the healthiest.

Dress shopping yesterday, brought home 2 dresses and now wondering what I was thinking! They are much tighter than I planned on wearing, though both the right color and great deals. Thought they would be great motivators to really lose weight and exercise, and this morning realized wedding is in 13 days! Will be retrying them on today.

So many sick, so much sadness. My prayers go out to the husband whose wife passed. Every day is a gift.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Lots of news to catch up on. So sorry to hear about those that have health issues, and have lost loved ones. Definitely difficult situations.

Today I was making a new batch of Trail Mix. We make up our own and have it on the counter. I will grab small handful from time to time. I decided to weigh each ingredient and measure out a portion size. Well, grabbing a handful here and there has not been helping my weight loss at all. I wasn't tracking it on my food diary as I didn't think it amounted to much and I hadn't figured out the calorie count. Today I now know that 1/4 of a cup which is about two small handfuls, is 230 calories. That was a reality check. So, I will no longer take a handful whenever I feel like it. I will have to measure and track! I will see if that helps me to lose weight. I have been stuck for far too long and keep making small changes to my diet. This is one more of those changes.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Diane, I feel so sad for your friend in MN. Prayers for him and his family! Paula, I'm glad to hear that your neighbor is hanging in there and able to be at home as he recovers. Shari, I'm glad to hear that your son is doing better! Good luck with your home projects! MJ, such an exciting time! Enjoy!!
    I am doing well. If I don't feel worse tomorrow, I will try to do my Silver Sneakers exercise classes on zoom. Today my nose and cough have been much better but I took an unplanned mid morning nap in a chair. Later I took some vitamins and supplements that I have been inconsistent with in hopes of getting back to normal more quickly. My husband did take the test and it was negative.
    Is anyone doing or have you tried the premium MFP? I just wondered if it was worth the $$ and what the benefits are. Have a good week!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I too tend to grab a quick snack along the lines of your trail mix. I agree that
    Iittle things can sure add up before we know it. It can happen so easily. Your post reminded me to be more mindful of such behaviors.

MJ, I look forward to reading a description of the dress you end up wearing for the wedding. Are you favoring a particular color?

DW, good news about your DH’s test & glad you are doing so well. I haven’t tried the premium MFP because I pay for WW online and I am very comfortable with that.

Today was an excellent day for me with eating, movement, and accomplishments. Now to repeat this tomorrow and the next day and the next day… I know it can be done! I am energized again and will continue to focus on what I can do to keep a streak going.
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    So it was 3 days of not following cycle 1 of 17dd and 3 days to get back to the weight of 6 days ago. With a wedding in 12 days and dresses too tight this was not good.

Paula, at bride request, dress is red. Still trying to make up my mind, after buying two, and thinking I will go shopping today. I really am not a shopper, know what I am looking for, and am regretting I bought dresses that were tight.

DW2, I had been taking supplements regularly but struggle with consistency now. Prayers for quick recovery for you.

So I am strictly following 17dd now but am not planning on continuing such strict adherence. Actually stretched out with husband yesterday and planning on working more on stretching and physical activity. Going to use internet again for line dancing lessons - husband and I had fun doing this before. To stick with it, I really need activities I enjoy.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello! I can’t believe that, after all this time, I figured out how to connect with our group on my phone! I hope I’ll be able to figure it out again😂😂 I did my exercise classes yesterday and ventured out today wearing a mask following CDC guidelines. MJ, good luck with shopping! I remember trying to find the right dress for my son’s wedding. I also brought home two that didn’t work before finding a two piece outfit that did. Paula, your positivity is contagious- thank you!! Diane and Shari, I hope you are both doing well!! Everyone have a great evening!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Thank for your kind words! I still have some struggles using my phone for this site sometimes. I am just more comfortable in general using my laptop instead of my phone. This is also an issue for me with WW. I use my laptop much more and am often reminded by the WW site to use my phone. Sheesh....I do use the phone sometimes but just prefer the laptop.

MJ, Strict adherence to C1 on the 17DD should produce results. It isn't easy but can be worth it, especially with a deadline in mind and knowing that eventually you will have more freedom in your food choices. I think red sounds lovely for the wedding!

Today was another good day for my eating and movement plan. So that's 2 consecutive days! I feel good and am happy to have a little 2 day streak going. Planning the same for tomorrow. Today I made a veggie and fruit smoothie with a little unsweetened almond milk (I am lactose intolerant). The smoothie was very filling and satisfying and it was only 1 point on my WW plan. Good news about my neighbor! His doctor is very pleased with his progress and said it is likely that he will need the oxygen for weeks instead of months. He is however experiencing some "brain fog," which is new. But at least his breathing is improving and he feels much better.
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    Paula, good work at your streak! The first three days are the hardest for me, then it seems to get easier. Glad your neighbor is recovering faster.

Spent half a day shopping and I am done. The first dress is more than alright compared to my latest shopping trip, will be using a shaper to "smooth" things over. Today my meals are planned, my morning will be with my daughter checking on possible decorations, and her pre wedding hairdo by stylist. Thank you, Lord, for another day!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I managed to string two together too! I do have to go to the office today, so that will be bring a bit of a challenge, but I hope I can keep to my plan. It will be hard to fit in exercise today, but I think I will aim for a brisk walk.

Covid is so easy for some and yet so difficult for others. My son is improving, but he still tested positive on Monday. Paula, hearing about your neighbour hits home that it is important to stay healthy and vigilant. You just can't predict what your personal outcome will be with such varied symptoms and longevity. I am thankful that you are back to health DW and are exercising!
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    Sticking to the food plan and dropping pounds - to wear my dress this is necessary! Has proven a good motivation to get to maintenance faster.

Husband and I set up laptop in backyard and line danced with instructor video. The steps came back easy but the exercise itself? Both of us had to stop and breathe! Quit before I had planned but at least we started. Did stretching also. Not happy that I have let myself go to this extent but did at least start and follow thru. Plan to do so again today.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    MJ, Yay for you for sticking to your plan. You are right, the upcoming wedding can be highly motivating. You have such a fun way to burn calories too. Will you be doing any line dancing at the wedding??

Shari, Hope all went well when you went in to the office, and congrats on your streak. Thanks for the update on your son. Prayers continue!

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle again for me. It wasn’t a total bust, but not up to my standard to consider adding it to my “streak.” Yesterday I was very tired, probably RA fatigue, which almost always accompanies my straying from plan. I rested a lot yesterday and actually fell asleep several times, so I think I needed the rest. Today was a better day all around for me (energized and not tired at all), but still not as compliant as I would have liked. It was a very frustrating day for me for reasons unrelated to diet. We are currently switching from one garbage/recycle company to another. In our township we must privately contract for these services as our township does not provide for them. There have been multiple and repeated mix ups related to our transition from our current trash company to our new one. If it wasn’t so frustrating, it would be funny! I didn’t want to open a bottle of wine, so I finally settled down with one ounce of coconut rum mixed with coconut seltzer along with my turkey cutlets and broccoli for dinner.
  • mjjdzhere
    Options
    Paula, laughing about not opening that bottle of wine - I have been there many times! Especially now with trying to lose weight for the wedding and yet wishing for a glass to help with some of the stress!
    Turkey cutlets and broccoli dinner say good for you for not being derailed.

Don't know about the dancing at the wedding - just know I really need to do something about strengthening and stretching this body! Getting out of bed lets me know my body needs some work - and now the mirrors trying on clothes more than confirms it! Muscles are gone. Everything I read now says find fun activities so I know that is a bit of a stretch for me as I also like variety.

Wishes for a good day for all today.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I have often thought it would be fun to improve my dance skills. I might add that into my exercise routine. See if I can find something on YouTube to help me get better. Line dancing would be a great place to start.

Like you Paula, I had a day where I wasn't too far off from my daily goals, but close enough to add it to a streak. My longest streak has been two days and today would be day three, but we are visiting a friend tonight and that includes dinner. I have no idea what will be served. I will try to stay within my calorie goals, but since it's a later meal, I won't make my IF goal. I could try and postpone my first meal of the day, but I am already pretty hungry. I will see how it goes.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm enjoying the conversations about dancing! As an adult, I took many years of tap and then was with a liturgical dance group for many years. We went to different churches or church groups and shared our worship through dance. Before Covid, when I took Silver Sneakers classes in person, I mentioned that I was going to a wedding in a few months and the teacher taught us several line dances that were popular at weddings. I didn't get to use my knowledge (had to leave before the dancing started) but I loved exercising that way!! There are advertisements in my Facebook feed for a program called TapFit. Somedays I am tempted to check it out but haven't. My husband hates dancing unfortunately, so I had to find ways over the years to do it without him.
    The past three days have been good ones in trying to get back to my early November weight. I have managed to not have late night snacks, so a successful 12/12 IF on those days (that's where I started and hope to add more fasting hours). Also doing well with 17DD. Only 8 more lbs to go-I had put on 13 by the time I got back from FL. I need to go down from there, but one challenge at a time-LOL!! Have a great weekend and Congrats on all the successes!!