Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just heard this morning…our neighbor was getting his booster today, so I went online and booked my DH and I for ours this afternoon! Turns out three other neighbors are getting their boosters today also! This way it is done before we head south Tuesday, where more people around us will be in 65+ possibly longer wait in line to get the shot! Feeling very fortunate to be offered the option so quickly!😎👍
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Great news Diane! No info here about any booster shots being available yet. Our Covid numbers continue to climb, so I expect there will be an initial mad rush when they become available. Since I had the J & J shot I know it will be a while for me to wait anyway. But I will be on the lookout to get mine asap.

I managed to stay on track today, but it was more of a struggle than the past few days. I was able to keep myself busy enough to fight off the desire to indulge and talk myself out of caving, but it was tough today. Some days are just easier than others!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Paula…there was no official word here either on tv or news etc. it just happened one person I know went online to Walgreens and made an appointment. Then told another and yet another nextdoor neighbor went onto CVS site and booked an appointment. So I know for sure CVS and Walgreens both National chains are providing the shots. Just heard from friends in AZ that they signed up online at Walgreens there for boosters on Monday. I am pretty sure if you want one you could have one from these places. It’s online appointments and was extremely easy to navigate. Not at all like the issues last Jan 2020. Good luck!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    PS…Our boosters were a non event…so far no side effects🤞
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Oops…sorry Paula…I’m sleepy and missed the J&J part. Yes, you are right that may be later. Right now I think Pfizer is only “approved” booster. Darn. Hope it won’t be too long?

I think some people are actually doing the Pfizer even after JJ or Moderna…but I am not sure how that works? I know one couple who had Pfizer two shots but are considering doing a booster of Moderna because they read it was more effective. So many choices and decisions! 🙏🏻 Hoping everyone stays healthy!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Diane, I have heard mixed messages about receiving a vaccine that differs from one's original dose(s). As of now, I plan to wait till the J & J booster is available, but there is always a chance that the guidelines will change again.

I am having a good day so far. I was not hungry at all today. I felt like was was doing an unintentional intermittent fast because so much time passed between when I ate yesterday and when I finally ate today. ;) My calories today are quite low, simply because I am not hungry at all. I will enjoy this while it lasts! My motivation is high so I will make the most of this. Otherwise, just a quiet, relaxing Sunday here. Back to my ambitious "to do" lists tomorrow.

Here's to a great week for all of us!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Congrats on low calories Paula!! You are sooo strong!

My calories were really high today! I have been home alone and got into some brownies I had here for our grandson. Over the day I ate half the pan! It’s almost 6:30 so am cutting off eating until tomorrow at 11:00…hope I can get back on track. This was a fluke and I know I will do better tomorrow!

Yes, Paula…they do keep changing info on the vaccines. I hope they approve the JJ boosters soon!👍❤️
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Back to Monday and back to work. I will get a bit of break as I have a phyiso appt for my right arm. When I had a massage a few weeks back I mentioned that my muscles were sore from all of the watering I did. I think I strained it carrying the bucket. But since she worked on it, it has been worse. She suggested I get physio, so that is happening. I am grateful and look forward to some healing.

I ate terribly on Saturday, but Sunday was much better. I am inspired by Diane's fasting plan and managed to use that to not eat after 6pm last night. If I can keep that up, I think it help with weight loss. That night time snacking isn't due to hunger, it's more of a bad habit and cravings. We shall see. I have gone 9 months with no progress, and I am down to three more months to make sure I didn't waste this whole year and not see a single pound of weight loss. I developed some really good habits. I am drinking way more water, I am tracking my food and I have been exercising. I need to focus on eating consistent calories. And get rid of STRESS.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Shari…yes, stress is a big deal when it comes to my over eating, too. Crates less willpower. I was in midst of some personal and family stress, and getting ready to load the car and depart for AZ and caved so easy with those brownies yesterday! They were 2” squares from grocery store and I actually ate 3…0ne at lunch, one with green tea and one with dinner. It felt like I had a lot of them but as there were a dozen, I only had 1/4 of total available, lol 🤪.

Good news is no upward movement on scale (yet). I have plateaued for several days now and will be off the strict fasting schedule while on the road, Tues-Thursday. Will get back on track Thursday evening 7:00 to start fasting again, after arrival in AZ. I expect traveling and eating irregular meals will mean some temporary weight gain.🤞I am mentally prepared if it happens.

I am resting my back for a few minutes. I have been on the go three days now and my back isn’t liking all the up and down stairs, washing sheets, making beds, packing, reaching, lifting…you name it….at 74 your body lets you know when you overdo things. Nothing but sore arm from booster. Good neither DH or I had any reactions! 👍😎
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, so good that you can get some treatment for your arm. I think it is important to get intervention early for things like that.

Diane, will pray for your safe travels as you head to your Southwest retreat for the winter. It sounds so delightful!! Hope your back eases up and that you don't over do it when you arrive and have to unpack at your destination.

I am having another good day so far. I was a little unsettled last night after I posted here, sort of hungry and not sure what I wanted. My calories then went up but still stayed within my range, although at the very top of it. Happy to report that most of today's "to do" list has been accomplished. I have a sort of busy week (for me) ahead but feel up to all I need to do. Tomorrow is haircut day. I always feel better after a fresh haircut. I just have to be careful to make sure supper is well planned so that I am not overly hungry when I get home.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    HI Everybody! Diane, safe travels!! I hope your back is feeling better! Shari, I hope your treatment for your arm helps it feel better quickly! Paula, you are doing so well with your eating!! Congrats!! I've been immersed in this diet book for several days and have been trying to follow the eating plan, which is challenging because I don't actually understand it-I get the big picture but the details aren't clear even after rereading parts....I like the way the 17DD spelled things out! Today was day 3 of trying this. The author said " it is better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly", so I am trying. Intermittent fasting a couple of times/week is part of the plan, so I'm trying to stop eating around 6ish pm. The diet is an adaptation of keto with the tweaks made to balance hormones and to make it more successful for women. Still trying to figure it out-giving it a week, so four more days.... Have a great Tuesday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, I like the quote you mentioned from the book you are reading. It reminds me of the approach encouraged by Flylady (flylady.net). She points out that our perfectionism gets in the way of our accomplishments in terms of cleaning, organizing, decluttering, etc. I find this applicable to some things in my life for sure. Today I was not perfect with my food choices, but not so bad that I consider it a set back. My plans changed a bit today but I managed to go with the flow and bounce back after having 2 unplanned snacks. And despite some unplanned things today, I still accomplished my "to do" list and got my hair cut too.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I wrote a message yesterday and somehow it didn't get posted. I think I hit preview instead of post reply. I can't recall what I wrote :blush:

I managed to not eat anything in the evening last night. That's a win. I drank all of my water and exercised. I didn't do as well with my calories. I went over. And my day was a bit stressful.

One of the girls from my small group at youth decided to text her mom that she wouldn't be home for a few days. I spent the night helping her mom track her down. She was located at a friend's house, but I don't know what happened after that. I don't think I was stressed out. I hope not. I have had way too much of it and I know that does not help with weight loss. I still believe calories are the biggest factor in the equation, but the stress isn't helpful.

I am going to try the intermittent fasting. I don't know how successful I will be. I do see how less insulin spikes in a day is better for the body. So my goal is to eat between 11 & 7 and I am going to try and sleep between 7 & 11 at night.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Shari…Good luck with the fasting routine. It has worked well for me. We are on the road traveling and of course meals are “catch as catch can” and so no fasting until Thursday night when we arrive in Arizona!

Hi to everyone we are in Albuquerque New Mexico tonight😎👍
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Diane, I visited Albuquerque in 2009. We have dear friends who relocated from here to Las Cruces a few years earlier so John and I and another friend went to visit them. We flew into Albuquerque and then drove to Las Cruces with lots of stops along the way. It seems like only yesterday but it was 12 years ago!

Shari, Great going with avoiding evening snacking and getting your water in. Hope the girl from your youth group will be ok.

I have given myself permission to take a few days off from aiming for strict compliance. I was over my calorie range for today but not by much. The next 2 days are quite busy for me compared to my usual routine. Tomorrow I will be out a lot running some errands, getting my nails done, and visiting my friend whose husband has dementia. I haven't seen her since the onset of the pandemic though we often talk on the phone and email. She lives about an hour from here. I am taking her pierogie from my old church. I know she will enjoy that. On Friday my friend Kellie and her DH are coming to visit and bringing pizza and wine. Kellie is my friend who made the memorial tribute to Jambo. I am looking forward to a couple days off. The challenge will be to eat wisely or at least sensibly, even if not on plan. I don't want to wreck my little bit of progress, but I definitely feel like I need a break. We'll see how it goes.
  • shariletts
    Options
    Safer travels Diane. I know it was so nice when we did our road trip to Vancouver and back. We have been stuck at home so much that travel in any form is enjoyable.

I managed to fast again from 6:30pm on last night. Mostly because I was so busy. I haven't seen real progress just yet. I hope that it's still coming. It's just been three days so far.

We have today off. Not our whole Province, but employers that chose to. It's National Truth & Reconciliation Day. It's a new day to remember the Indigenous children that were taken from homes and placed into residential schools. So it's more of a somber day.

I hope your time with friends enjoyable Paula. Be nice to have a few days off from dieting. Don't be like me and extend it! I have done that too many times and I think that's the reason I am not any lighter.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    DW…so true about better to do best you can even if not perfect. That is true not only when eating healthy but living life. Fear of not doing something perfectly often keeps us trapped in a rut….afraid to break out and try new things.

Paula…We only saw a restaurant and our hotel in Albuquerque. But, we have been there to play tourist and in SantaFe area, too. Nice artsy areas and beautiful vistas! Hope you can make another trip to visit your friends soon!

Shari…WhooHoo on the fasting success. It took me about a week to see some scale success! And, I was down 6 lbs total before this trip…but 3 days eating fast food including French fries and I am up 2 lbs this morning. I never know for certain because scales can differ in MN and AZ but up 2 lbs is very normal for me after 3 days traveling, drinking less water, sitting long hours, etc.

Shari…your trip sounded like more fun than this particular semi-annual migration we make, 😎. (Could be ours ages too as DH is 76 and I am 74…we used to do this trip with only one overnight instead of two). I do enjoy fun road trips mixed in with sightseeing and hiking etc…this not so much. We set alarm for 6:00 each morning…shower/breakfast at hotel…are in the car by 7::00 a.m. and except for McDonald's or Wendy’s lunch we only stop for potty and gas. 11 hours in car, day one. Day two same but only 10 hrs about 5:30 at hotel, day three is better, same start time and arrived here 7 hours later. It’s “pedal to the metal” for 1700-1800 miles in 3 days.

I am missing those early morning breakfasts I allowed on the road…have to wait until 11:00. No trouble with not snacking after 7:00 even on the road. But need to get back in groove of no food in mornings. Will take a few days to be comfortable again with that. (I always from childhood was early morning breakfast person…growing up on farm and starting the day with big breakfast before chores).

Good to be here and lots to do…will take some time. 😎👍
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Diane, I'm glad you've arrived safely to AZ!! Shari, it sounds like you are doing well with the intermittent fasting! No matter what I end up doing diet-wise, I plan to do my best to stop eating early in the evening! Paula, I hope you've had enjoyable visits with your friends!! It sounds like "breaks" are becoming a theme and I will probably take one tomorrow. This eating plan I've been trying isn't really working even though I've been close to the correct macros the past two days. High healthy fat hasn't worked for me in the past and I don't know why I keep trying it. If my weight isn't down tomorrow morning, I'm taking a day off and going back to 17DD, C1 on Sunday. Tomorrow I am working at a dog show about an hour from my home. There will be a lunch afterward and cookies and coffee all morning. Perhaps I will be too busy to eat much until lunch. Have a good Saturday!!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    WhooHoo….my weight is back down to the -6 lbs number before the travel water weight!! Thought it might take a few days but fasting 7-11:00 yesterday and eating my normal meals on time did it! Hoping to kick it up a notch today with some mild moving e excise. Going to check out our fitness center. It was closed many months for Covid, then went to limited appointments with mask, now is no appointments needed…but I am not sure the mask protocol. I am hoping we can exercise without a mask. Not sure I can do my normal machines with a mask on…but will give it a try.🤞👍

DW…I sure hear what you are saying about high fat diets! I went on Atkins years ago and lost just a couple lbs and then nothing…except I had gallbladder attack and subsequent surgery. Never again on the high fat diet for me. My system can’t tolerate it! I had a sausage link one morning at hotel breakfast, rare for me. Good luck back on 17dd C1. I am basically eating from 17dd food lists but allow myself some potatoes or toast now and then as long as under my daily calorie total. Feels sooo freeing and I hope it keeps working on my stubborn fat cells!!!🤞👍❤️
  • shariletts
    Options
    Congrats on seeing your weight drop back down so quickly Diane. That is so encouraging. I didn't comply with my 7pm deadline last night as we had our guests over and I had dessert. I will give myself that once in awhile, but I didn't need it or really want it. Next time I will pass and not worry about being a part of the social queues.

I am so happy to have the weekend here. I had a heavy week and it's so nice to have nothing on. I can just go about doing what I feel like.