Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• NBQANYMORE
    NBQANYMORE Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ceriusly1 wrote: »
    @NBQANYMORE I have sent you a team invitation.

Most odd....I checked my messages, and don't see any from you. I'm starting to wonder if this site doesn't like me...LOL
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you everyone for your condolences. Your support means the world to me.

We had some snow today but it was enough for a light dusting. It made me feel like Mom approved of how her children were working together. She loved when it snowed and expecially the big fluffy flakes which we did have.

I am struggling with accepting that I just don't have the energy to do my exercise and studying. I want to workout and study but my body says sit and chill. Due to this struggle I am also struggling with the feeling of letting myself, Mom and the team down. I promise you I know that you all understand and that taking care of me is most important. For me exercise is part of that but I just can't seem to do it. I also have had little sleep in the last 24+ hrs. I just can't seem to turn the brain off. I have also notified one of my team leaders and also put it on my team's chat.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    NBQANYMORE wrote: »
    Ceriusly1 wrote: »
    @NBQANYMORE I have sent you a team invitation.

Most odd....I checked my messages, and don't see any from you. I'm starting to wonder if this site doesn't like me...LOL

Please look under your COMMUNITY Tab, than under the darker blue ribbon/line click on GROUPS. It should be right there. WOOHOO Hey WELCOME ABOARD!!

@Cseguin2,, Hon please,,, you've been through a horrific loss,,, please please know your mind/body are in shock. As such, it's no wonder it's in a "I need to take care of myself, but I can't even function mode." We've been there. I have tears in my eyes as I write this, because you are hon,,, needing to take care of you, by simply honoring that. Do not rush thru grief. It's an unreal hurt to lose our Moms. It hurts so badly. It can't be rushed through. Oh be guaranteed your team feels the same way. Absolutely with no question and no doubt. As you know snow is beautiful, refreshing, and so clean. It's why so many of us, and your Mom loved it so. As it snows especially the big flakes, it's also a special peacefulness about it. It'll take sometime before you again feel at peace, and that is to be expected.

We do support you. We do care.

@Bookienj ,, SO sorry about your Grandma!! My Nana made it to 96!! At her funeral it was strange, but she'd of LOVED it, no one cried, oh sure we miss her horribly, but she made it to 96 and until 94 she could still walk a mile daily, garden, and do light housework!! That lady was so amazing!! At your Grandmas age congestive heart failure isn't that great. I am in congestive heart failure, but I am much younger and there are so many meds, procedures they do, but of course meds have side effects etc. etc. etc. Does she live locally? Can you see her if they are letting people in that is (SIGH). An Aunt passed away a week ago, though our hearts are broken to bits and pieces, she's not hurting any more. Its cool she got to see your kids!! Lately likely by Pictures, but it's awesome to see the next generationS coming along. That made her smile no doubt.

@wallahalla ,, OH GIRL you trying to get the COPS HERE???? LOLOL Laughing SO HARD at midnight,, hmmmm I'll just show them WHY and they WILL LAUGH TOO!!

STORY TIME As I unwind for bed. I can't remember the year (I DO NOT WISH TOO! LOL) it was the Super Bowl,, anyone who knows me KNOWS I LOVE the Super Bowl. It was the Pats (I live in Maine, New England so of course they ARE OUR TEAM ,, even now (LOL) VS the GIANTS!! RASPBERRY and not the kind you EAT!! I had a HUGE HOUSE FULL!! The only sitting room was on the floor so of course that was for the kids. They didn't mind. My "D" (not by birth) and the 2 Grands ,, her kids were here too. She was CHEERING ON ,, hmmm I DARE TRY TO NOT PASSOUT as I type this, THE GIANTS!! Well they BARELY WON (I believe there was a LOT OF CHEATING (GRIN) going on. Kim was ALL EXCITED!! I lived on the 6th floor. Conversation went as:

D- KIM STOP NOW!!
    K- JUMPING AROUND AND WOOHOOing (SHOOT I had neighbors you know??) LOUDLY "WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON"
    The rest of us were NOT impressed
    D- KIM STOP NOW Or I'll THROW YOU OUT THE 6TH FLOOR WINDOW!!
    K- Stopped for a moment to do as kids will do (even as Adults!) "NO YOU WOULDN'T!!"
    D- "I SURE WILL!!"
    K- "Its AGAINST the law!" (AS one stops to think ,, "Is it against the law???" LOL FOOLISH KID)
    D- "I'll Just explain to them "Oh she was rooting on for the GIANTS!"
    Cops- "WHAT???" SHOCK throughout the entire complex! You hear NOTHING AS ALL UNITS (in the 90s) Came to a complete STANDSTILL!! (not easy for some elderly who topple over easily!)
    D- "THE GIANTS that's why I THREW HER OUT THE WINDOW!!"
    Cops,, walked over to the window looked down "She's dead"
    Cops,, "OH well ,, and who called us FOR THAT???? We were having COFFEE at Dunkin Donuts. This is a NON POLICE MATTER!"
    Cops leave.
    PATS TERRITORY!
    LOLOLOL Kim did NOT like that story, but the rest of us did and DO!!

I'm heading into the bedroom EARLY as I UNWIND (now with a very evil grin! LOL) as a part of my bedtime routine. NIGHT ALL!! Please be safe.
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Mom fell tonight twice. 1st time she wasn't injured 2nd time I called squad. Hospital transferred her to OSU trauma center via Med Flight. She doesn't have brain bleed but it was serious enough to need it. Going to get some sleep cos I am too exhausted to drive. Wouldn't do anyone any good for me to crash my car and not be able to take care of her. My sister and I will go up tomorrow
  • NBQANYMORE
    NBQANYMORE Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please look under your COMMUNITY Tab, than under the darker blue ribbon/line click on GROUPS. It should be right there. WOOHOO Hey WELCOME ABOARD!!

Thanks!! When I go to the main Community page, it already has the groups listed by category, and in the quick links section, there's nothing about group invites. It did not occur to me that I would need to click on "Groups" to find the invites section when I was already looking at what appeared to be the main groups page. *sigh* Either I'm losing my marbles (quite possible), or that wasn't set up in the most intuitive way (also quite possible).

Anyhooooo...I found it, accepted the invitation, and am off to see what's what in that team.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,740 Member
    Options
    @NBQANYMORE I'm glad you found it. In the future look under Quick Links/My Groups. Hang in there with MFP. It's lots different than what we were used to but it does have some nice advantages if we are patient and persevere. :) Which we all do so well or else we wouldn't still be here trying.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It's 30 feels like 26 with a high of 48 for today. Axe Sharpening: Do not be afraid to fail. Without failure there is no success.~~Jackie DiFranco 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Handwriting Day and National Pie Day!!!!! Fitness quote for today: I workout for confidence, strength, the feeling after a workout, the feeling of accomplishment, health, my loved ones, happiness, stress relief. ME~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 16,499 steps yesterday. This week's training plan is 2 gym workouts and 3 at home workouts probably the gym workouts modified for home.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Diane: I am doing o kay.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Still cold and icy today. We’re supposed to get more snow from 6-9 today and then nothing else the rest of the week.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thank you! She’s lost most of her sight in the last few years-until yesterday was living independently. She just started receiving meals on wheels, lost her ability to drive and pay bills but loves the senior center! I don’t know if they are allowing visitors but I am 7 hours away. I told her I would call today. She is quite a fighter!
    @dkhudson56 -Aw I hope you are able to see her soon!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a cool and mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i am getting caught up on my housework today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @dkhudson56 ,,, OH SO SORRY!! That's all so very very scary!! I hope your Mom is okay. Glad she wasn't living alone. Hopefully they'll let you see her. We'll be thinking of you.
    @NBQANYMORE ,, WOOHOO GLAD you are on your team!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!! NICE team at that!!
    @Ceriusly1 ,, we are always learning. Ceri,, where is the "quick link" area? Sounds easier and we KNOW I am ALL for easier!!
    @Patti241,, Glad you hear you are okay. Hey are you into football at all? Right now Rams vs Tampa Bay where NO DOUBT @Catwmncat is HOPING Tampa will win, but LOLOL I am rooting on the Rams, because hey, Brady JUMPED out of NE ALL FOR MONEY!! how much DOES HE NEED?
    @Bookienj ,, scary no doubt to lose most of her sight!! Glad she enjoys the senior center!! I live in a high rise that's 55 plus. LOL People here are usually, well MOST though not all, pretty fun. Its kinda amazing to live in a large building and not have any real trouble makers though!! Of course being a 55 plus places are always opening up. So you just never know who'll replace them.
    @Cormierannie,, HI BACK!! Tweet Tweet
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    znpfr553sn77.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @wallahalla ,, LOLOLOL OOPS
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

🌨️. Woke up to snow and a good amount of it. Struggled to get moving but did. Mom knew I needed movement and sent the snow. She knows that I will shovel as I can't stand dangerous sidewalks. Plus I just love the snow. So that was my exercise and it felt great to have a purpose to get me moving. Funeral service has been planned and photos found for the video. My Son has decided that he is going to serve at the funeral to honor his Nana because he said that's what she would have wanted. I am so proud of him and will tell him so afterwards. Tomorrow is a day at home. Not sure what I will do outside of ironing dress shirts and trimming Hubby's beard and hair. My sister has been turning to me for lots of advice with the funeral. It feels great to be needed by her and to help her. I hope this is a start to a new relationship with her. But if not I will enjoy the time she is allowing me to be so close.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, I too LOVE SNOW!! And yes it's very good exercise. As sad it is, and it is, it's good the service has all planned out. That's a good closure for son and of course you too. Enjoy the relationship with your sister, I hope it stays as such.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Diane: I used to be into football. But not really a fan.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It's 39 feels like 33 with a high of 55 for today. Axe Sharpening: If all the people who hate on others' success in any aspect of life, spent that energy on improving themselves-the world would be a much better place.~~Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Peanut Butter Day and National Compliment Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: The grind includes Saturday and Sunday.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Loving yourself is a self-power.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,225 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I seem to remember she lost it gradually- she can still see a little-sorry if I wasn’t clear-just not well enough pay bills, cook, grocery shop. She hasn’t a special watch and clock she misses right now. I don’t know if those items are audio or just really big. Yesterday they were trying her without oxygen did the afternoon/evening/overnight because her levels were so good. She was excited and nervous about that.
    @CSEGUIN2 - yay for the snow for so many reasons. Fingers crossed for all the funeral details.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Last night and the night before I was able to sleep better once I went to bed. Waking up feeling a little more normal is nice. More snow! Woohoo I got a little exercise in shoveling. Today's calories not all that great but that's ok I will not worry about it right now. Will get back on track schedule in a few days hopefully but we will see what comes next. Tomorrow is weigh day. I refuse to skip it to help keep me accountable. I have never missed a weigh day and won't start now. Not sure what it will show as I ate a whole big bag of chips for a snack today. It will be what it will be. Not looking forward to the next two days. Lots of people, lots of tears are on the menu. I am strong and will get through the next two days the best I can.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, for a tiny bit I had stopped watching it, but LOL I am back to it. Though our team isn't in it (Pats) I got that excitement back.
    @BoookieNJ ,,, I have a friend who can't well, but can see a little clearer now and then. Glad your Mom has some sight. So cool she did okay without the oxygen. How is she today? How are you?
    @Cseguin2 ,,, I'd not worry about that at all either. remember it's a lifestyle, not a diet. Just one day hon at a time. I had a most wonderful cheesecake binge when my Mum (Step) died, it came off in time. Know we care.