Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Is yarn bombing a thing in the US/Canada, or just an English thing? This was our village post box this morning...
    59y2pcaws92e.jpeg
    v1eehzbcc8u3.jpeg

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Oh they are so cute! It is a thing here. No aliens that I've seen yet though.

PAV - how are your clothes? All clean and fresh???
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,856 Member
    Options
    No crocheted aliens here either. But then, I don’t live all that far from Roswell, New Mexico where the aliens apparently landed.
    There was a trend here a few years ago of knitting/crocheting large tree trunk covers mainly made of scrap yarns. I don’t know the purpose. It may have been a charitable thing. And I don’t think our poor water starved, overheated scrubby trees liked it!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    The what a what? You "villagers" are slightly cuckoo, right? 😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    On the other hand, our trees get a bit chilly here :smiley:
    cr40l55367ic.gif
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2022
    Options
    On the other hand, our trees get a bit chilly here :smiley:
    Is there a reason or movement for the trunk covers? Just a fun thing? I saw them all over town several years ago but wasn’t sure if it was an art display or what.

Did my therapy exercises. Tomorrow have another in-person session. She adds more draconian moves each time! But it seems to have made the pain much better. Only four more weeks. Also another doctor appointment later in the day.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Just a guerilla art thing, Yooly. Big yarn flowers on fences, parking meter sweaters etc. A unexpected splash of colour.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Just a guerilla art thing, Yooly. Big yarn flowers on fences, parking meter sweaters etc. A unexpected splash of colour.

Oh yes, I remember they were called tree sweaters ❣️
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You peops are stange and living in strange lands! Hey... didn't heinlein write something about that... hmmm....
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    so I managed to be somewhat busy today! Got my dishes washed up, my Christmas decorations taken to the shed and put away (in their proper containers!), the new tires put on my wagon so I can pull the pellets around to the front door instead of having to carry them one bag at a time....

The birds were fed (and the deer from where I spilled the bag), and I built 2 snow gnomes! :) The hubby came out to look and decided they needed a snow kitty to join them, so while he made the kitty, I made a snow puppy :grin:

I was out there grinning like a loon the entire hour I was out there working on them :grin: And I realized that building a snowman is exercise! Especially when the first snowball is so big - it takes a good amount of muscle to move that thing, not to mention picking up the other balls to put on top, and all the bending and scooping and patting and shaping.....

Then I came in and made dinner, then finally put up trim in my bedroom! I used beadboard wainscotting style look for my ceiling in my bedroom, but the guys who put it up last spring did not do it correctly - they just slapped the sheets up and didn't fit them on a stud, so one set was meeting in between two studs, which, to my irritation, one began to sag by the end of summer. Since there was nothing there I could afix it to, I couldn't pull it back up to meet the other sheet, so I bought some trip, glue, and 1" screws and glued and screwed the trim along the joint to pull them back together and hold them. It looks fairly good, all things considered, though I'm short 1 piece of trim work - to make it look right, I put up 2 more strips across the ceiling, but the last piece was a bit short, so i'll have to make a trip to the hardware store soon and get another stirp to finish it.

I also have white Christmas style lights strung across my bedroom ceiling, and they needed tightened up. I put them into the beadboard with cable clips that are nailed to the ceiling, though they are a PAIN to get in because it bounces when you try to hammer them in. But I got it done! Its really pretty with the battery candles twinkling in the headboard shelves and the lights on, giving plenty of light to the bedroom but diffused so its comforting and not glaring.

Still, even though I pre-drilled and pre-started all the screws, it was still a good bit of work holding that up and working above my head like that, and my back is letting me know about it! lol
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    8q5g3d9yubo2.jpeg
    8mrrqg3d5tjj.jpeg
    61mkltz2oxbe.jpeg
    ng58z7mscarg.jpeg
    45kii84jflx3.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Beautiful family you have there!!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I think the snow puppy is downright AWESOME!

Not quite as cute... but here is "grand-doggie" promenading around Athens... Greece!
    z3wvdjaee0ei.jpg

Tuesday January 25, 2022 has been declared a (paid) public holiday in six regions of Greece including Athens... henceforth known as: SNOW DAY 2022!

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2022/01/24/greece-declares-tuesday-a-public-holiday-in-six-regions-due-to-snow/

Grand-doggy doesn't seem to mind!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wow! Doggie seems happy but I didn’t think it snowed that much in Greece. Hope all are safe and warm. 🥶
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Beautiful pup :) and me too, Yooly - no idea Greece received any measurable amount of snow. I gues the fact that they declared it a holiday confirms our understanding of Greece and snow.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Snowmaggedon 2022! People stranded for 8 to 12 hours on a 70km stretch of freeway around Athens with the army showing up to dig them out 🙀🤷🏻‍♂️ and that's with everyone expecting and being prepared!!!

Should melt by Wednesday!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Or not! Apparently snow day #2 for them🙀
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    oh how that beautiful white fluffy stuff can bring all our machines to a halt!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope our friends in Greece are starting to dig out of the snow today. ❄️☃️
    My day is just more therapy exercises. I saw the cardiologist yesterday and passed with flying colors. I’m hoping some outdoor exercise is in the future. Right now it’s a recumbent bike which is mind numbingly boring. Pedaling to nowhere!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    How is the recumbent bike as far as exercise goes, Yooly? I'm picking up mine on Sunday (a kinda of simple, compact, used on) - hoping it will at least be some exercise, if not exactly invigorating...lol.

I'm off to physio now...the first time in a few weeks because of covid....hoping to pick up a few core exercises today too.