TEAM: The Belly Flats (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited March 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• dngerr
    dngerr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge!!
  • melobee1
    melobee1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!! Looking forward to the challenge ;-).
  • ScotchNWaffles
    ScotchNWaffles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HokieBrad wrote: »
    I'm just gonna keep it simple:1 lb a week! If I lose more GREAT...but I'm just aiming for a pound a week.

My Goals
    • Post Daily
    • Be within 5% of my daily caloric intake goal
    • 7500 Steps Daily
    • Drink 64 oz. H20 daily

Good goals!

I had a hernia a few years ago; can't imagine having to live with that longer than necessary due to covid. Hopefully you'll get in soon.

Are you a VT Hokie?

• HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna keep it simple:1 lb a week! If I lose more GREAT...but I'm just aiming for a pound a week.

My Goals
    • Post Daily
    • Be within 5% of my daily caloric intake goal
    • 7500 Steps Daily
    • Drink 64 oz. H20 daily

Good goals!

I had a hernia a few years ago; can't imagine having to live with that longer than necessary due to covid. Hopefully you'll get in soon.

Are you a VT Hokie?

I am a VT Hokie!!
    The last 10 years of life has thrown multiple curveballs, roadblocks, and serious WTF moments. Figured if I survived all of that it was time to put "Humpty Dumpty" back together again. I just got scheduled for the surgery on Feb. 18...contingent on no Covid restrictions between now and then!! I'm ready for this challenge!!
  • moppie61
    moppie61 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello team
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Accountability Challenge (Optional)

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. I definitely encourage participation for a couple reasons, one of the being it helps to keep your goals in focus daily but also it's motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's definitely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • Angelsjourney22
    Angelsjourney22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Angelsjourney22
    Week 1
    PW =
    CW=255.2

My usual weight in day is Friday, but thought I had to weigh in Sundays so will weigh in on Friday next week.
  • ScotchNWaffles
    edited January 2022
    Options

I am a VT Hokie!!
    The last 10 years of life has thrown multiple curveballs, roadblocks, and serious WTF moments. Figured if I survived all of that it was time to put "Humpty Dumpty" back together again. I just got scheduled for the surgery on Feb. 18...contingent on no Covid restrictions between now and then!! I'm ready for this challenge!!

I hear you; curveballs and roadblocks seem to have become the norm. Glad you got scheduled - that's progress!

My older daughter is graduating from JMU this year but she has many friends at VT. We live in NC now but are planning to move back to NoVA in the near future. In fact, I'm about to hop on a plane to DC now!

• HokieBrad
    Options
    HokieBrad
    Week 1 Feb
    PW = 289.6
    CW= 288.6

I will take this 1 lb Loss Each and Every Week!!
  • HokieBrad
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: YES
    Calories: YES In-Range
    Exercise: YES: |TDEE: 3627 | STEPS: 4076 | GIM: 24 | -

Daily Comments:
    Due to my upcoming surgery and inability to do any exercise other than walking, I am pushing myself to burn more NEAT calories. My Exercise goals for the forseeable future are:

"Workout: (Achieve 1 or more of the following daily or [>3/3])
    TDEE > 3,600 (>3200)
    Steps > 10,000 (>7500)
    GIM >45 (>23) (Garmin Intensity Minutes)
    30 min intentional exercise (walking, treadmill)

Daily Calorie Intake Goal: 2,263<DCI<2,765
  • HokieBrad
    Options
    melobee1 wrote: »
    Melobee1
    My ticker on my profile page isn't working, does anyone else have that problem?

The one on mine has never worked. Probably haven't checked it in 2 years
  • MUSCLES4HUSTLES
    MUSCLES4HUSTLES Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Daily Post: Sunday, 1/30

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 125 min. of Gym time (weights/cardio)
  • HokieBrad
    Options

I am a VT Hokie!!

I hear you; curveballs and roadblocks seem to have become the norm. Glad you got scheduled - that's progress!

My older daughter is graduating from JMU this year but she has many friends at VT. We live in NC now but are planning to move back to NoVA in the near future. In fact, I'm about to hop on a plane to DC now!

I try to avoid NoVa when I can. Grew up around the Richmond area but have been in VB for the last 8 years or so
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Sunday 30th

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No - lazy Sunday with Family
  • ScotchNWaffles
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes / under
    Exercise: Yes / 20 mins circuit training with kettlebells
    Goals/Day/Comments: Got a short workout in before my flight. Goal for the week while traveling for work: Eat healthy despite having two client dinners.
This discussion has been closed.