TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited March 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello team TBBT and a warm welcome to our newcomers!!

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc). At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently?!

The February Challenge and the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge start on Sunday, January 30th.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Please introduce yourself, as much or as little as you would like to say, and then post your goals for February. At the end of the month we can come back to our posts and reflect on how we did.

I'll start..... Hi, I'm Lisa, 55, and I live in a small town in southwestern Ontario Canada with my husband of 30 years. I work VERY part time in the office of the family farm supply business. We have two grown sons; the oldest is single and lives in town, the youngest has a serious girlfriend and lives in Prague, Czech Republic. He and his girlfriend were in Canada for a month over the Christmas holiday and well into January, and I used that as an excuse to eat anything and everything I wanted. But they are safely home, and it is now time to take care of me!!

My goals for February:

Get back to basics...log, stay under and drink my water (I aim for three litres).
    Have a "something specific to accomplish the following day" list, that I generate each evening, keeping it simple.
    Come up with a short stretching routine that I can do most days...something to start me "exercising again". My go-to in the past has been to start walking for 20 minutes a day and build up from there, but we have so much snow right now, that I do not want to set myself up for failure.

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »
    Hi guys so excited to be here. Had not been very good almost gained weight back to the weight when i was pregnant with my second. Want to get back I was in this challenge before and lost good amount of weight great motivaton from everyone here.

My goals
    login everyday.
    Be under Calories
    Get 7k steps daily
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Cw 169
    Gw for Feb 165

@kkmark Welcome!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »
    Hi guys so excited to be here. Had not been very good almost gained weight back to the weight when i was pregnant with my second. Want to get back I was in this challenge before and lost good amount of weight great motivaton from everyone here.

My goals
    login everyday.
    Be under Calories
    Get 7k steps daily
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Cw 169
    Gw for Feb 165

@kkmark Welcome!!

I'll second this comment!
    Your excitement is palpable...glad you are on our team!!
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome @kkmark to our group:)

I'm Dee, I've been on this group for a few months now. This group is a place of support as you continue your journey to achieving your goals. I think that making healthy choices with food, exercise, ect is a life long committment. I am a 52 year old gal, retired living in Mexico.

My goals for Feb are to keep doing my exercises, and stay within my carb limits. For my mental well being I want to commit to doing some form of mediation at least 3 days per week.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Thank you Lisa,DaffyGirl88 and Dee. I am ready to do this and so happy to ve on your team. I am Kavya originally from India living in Dallas Texas.Very supportive and caring hubby, have 2 boys just keeping busy with them, work and home. Its me time and go time for me to be healthy and active 😉
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good morning all! 🙋‍♀️

My name is Sue, and I am 61 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 1 grandbaby (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on forever. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶‍♀️

I have been on MFP for almost 10 years now and part of TBBT for almost 2 years. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I am still down from when I joined TBBT but between weddings, vacations and holidays my weight has crept steadily up since the summer. 😕

I had 2 goals for January, lose the weight I'd gained in December and hide from Omicron. Succeeded at the first (although lost nothing MORE than what I'd gained so basically broke even), failed at the second. Learned that even if you do not eat out, get your hair cut or nails done (have the cracked & peeling stumps to prove it) and limit your outings to once a week for groceries, it can still find you. In a way I'm glad. I assumed I'd get it at some point, now I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder wondering when.

The days are getting longer, if only slightly. Sadly they're not getting any warmer. 🥶 :( That will come in time. My goal for February is to end lighter than I started. ⚖️ Not going to asign a number to that, will take whatever.

Here's to another great month for TBBT!!! 🎉
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @melissan84 Welcome to TBBT! 🙋‍♀️ If you want accountability you came to the right place. We've got you! 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @loseit3136 Welcome to the team! 🙋‍♀️
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS (Carrying over my January, week 4 post)
    Sat, Jan 29 (Wk4-D7)
    Net Calories: 1289
    Steps: 7259 Steps
    Water: 80oz
    MUAC: Yes/Yes/Yes
    Sun - Sat

🎾⭕️🎾🎾🎾⭕️🎾YesDays =🎾

January SW: 164
    W1: 159.8
    W2: 158.2
    W3: 158.2
    Weigh in Day
    Wk4 Result: 156.3 = 1.9lbs📉1.2% loss
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen. This is my second month doing this challenge. I was really happy with my results in January. My goal for February is to work more on strength training. I've started a program on peloton and planning to stick with it for 6 weeks.

@loseit3136 I'm also a teacher and feel your pain!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 30 January
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • loseit3136
    loseit3136 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sunday 30 January
    Exercise: Yes, upper body strength and a walk
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sunday 30 January
    Exercise: Insanity Pure Cardio (that was madness)

I’m doing modified insanity with no jumping because I’m not ready for that yet. Pure cardio is no joke with no breaks. But I was surprised I stayed with Shaun T.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    melissan84 wrote: »
    Sunday 30 January
    Exercise: Insanity Pure Cardio (that was madness)

I’m doing modified insanity with no jumping because I’m not ready for that yet. Pure cardio is no joke with no breaks. But I was surprised I stayed with Shaun T.

@melissan84 Good for you! You're a better person than I am! :)
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    February Week 1 weigh in
    Username: Jenkindo
    Weigh in day: Mon
    PW: 191.4
    CW: 190.6
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Sun, Jan 30 (Wk1-D1)
    Net Calories: 693
    Steps: 10028 Steps
    Water: 66oz
    MUAC: Yes/Yes/Yes
    Sun-Sat: 🟢🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘 Yes🟢 No🛑
    My husband and I met up with my mom and stepdad to do a little Breakfast and Bowling. It was a nice way to start my Sunday!
    Also, joined a Fitbit hiking challenge with my friend who’s a nurse and all her nurse friends. I am just trying like hell to keep up with these awesome ladies! Wish me luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.