February 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Nice running @martaindale . I sure don't blame you for rearranging your running schedule. We're having similar weather...really warm today. Below freezing tomorrow evening....getting colder all day tomorrow.

Welcome @AriannaBier ! You have started out great!

@Tramboman Sounds like you need to make friends with that treadmill as you will be seeing a lot of it in the near future. :lol:

Nice running @katharmonic . I hope you got the snow you wanted. You're snow day plans sounds amazing!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    Welcome @AriannaBier !

Weather’s not looking great here, just rain so far and technically above freezing, but the trees are already drooping with ice. And this is supposed to last another sixteen hours, temperature dropping to 27 at the end. I don’t see how we’re going to avoid massive power outages. Oh well, at least it’s a rest day.

It dropped below freezing in Austin about 4 am and is sitting at 28 with sleet on the way. The trees and everything are already covered. Fcst to hit high teens overnight. I can't see us getting free of this unless the sun comes out strongly until Sat afternoon....

Rest day.

Also I learned something new when you posted about that heart manuever. So glad it worked!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @martaindale omg I just did day one of that run smart ap and I'm going to be sore! Who would have thought balance exercises could be so hard. I'm already in love with it! Did you know there is an invite a friend and they get 1 month for $1. I think i may have to invest in this...
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Well, knock on wood so far we have been lucky, but 138,000 people in Memphis are without power, been hearing trees fall with a sound like shotgun blasts off and on all day. We’re supposed to get more ice tonight, so we could still lose power. Emergency declared and they are saying weeks to restore power to everyone. Also, it’s going down to single digit chill factor the next couple of days so being without power is a life or death situation.

I went outside and honestly it doesn’t LOOK all that bad - trees are not even that weighted down, barely below freezing, roads clear - but apparently it is that bad! We didn’t get much sleep today what with constantly freaking out and worrying, so we plan to take an extra rest day tomorrow. Hoping everyone else out there is safe and has power!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    I hope everyone stays safe and doesn't lose power in the freezing rainy weather.

@Avidkeo and @martaindale That run smart app sounds great. I'd like to give it a try, but wonder if any of the exercises would aggravate my back. What do you think?

I decided to start the Beginners 10K training plan, just to help me have a plan to get my running mileage back up without doing too much too fast. Today I did a speed play run on the treadmill. I ran at 4.2/4.5/(3x6.0/3.8)/4.2 mph for 5/5/(3x2/2)/5:27 minutes for a total of 27:42 minutes for 2.1 miles. The average was 13:11 min/mile. Not horrible for me. I also walked one mile total for warm up and cool down.

How well do you go with planks?
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Welcome @stoked2b
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    "Keepin' it sleasy since 1952"

2-1 4k treadmill
    2-2 7k easy
    2-3 4k treadmill
    2-4 4k treadmill

February Total: 19k
    February Goal: 140k

Got about 10 inches of snow yesterday and last night, so treadmill it was.
    Welcome, @stoked2b.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I an currently doing modified planks. They don't seem to hurt my back. It's my shoulder that limits what I can do with side planks. I don't really have shoulder issues, but putting all of my weight on one shoulder does make it hurt after about 40 seconds....so I switch sides. I'm okay with modified front planks. I could probably do the full ones, but thought maybe I should do modified until they felt pretty easy before moving on.

Welcome @stoked2b !

@ContraryMaryMary Yeah for a run and that your ankle is behaving.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo and @martaindale That run smart app sounds great. I'd like to give it a try, but wonder if any of the exercises would aggravate my back. What do you think?

I've only done a couple but so far, including a yoga. Even if there are certain exercises you have to modify or eliminate, there is plenty there that shouldn't be an issue.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @martaindale omg I just did day one of that run smart ap and I'm going to be sore! Who would have thought balance exercises could be so hard. I'm already in love with it! Did you know there is an invite a friend and they get 1 month for $1. I think i may have to invest in this...

Yeah, those balance exercises had my feet burning! It was definitely harder than I thought it would be. Did a yoga last night and I can tell I have lost a lot of flexibility. The yoga lady does a good job describing the movements and telling you where to shift your weight to get the most out of the pose. I really like her.

I hadn't noticed the invite a friend. It looks like I can put in multiple emails, so if anyone is wanting a month long trial for $1, message me your email and I'll have link sent your way.

• martaindale
    Options
    Welcome! @stoked2b
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the Newbies!
    @rheddmobile - hope you still have power! When do you see the doctor again? Hopefully soon so you can get it straightened out!
    @martaindale - I sent you a message with my email. Let me know if you don't see it. I know sometimes it doesn't go thru if you aren't 'friends' in MFP first.
    @contrarymarymary - glad you were able to get out for a February run and that your ankle is behaving!
    @polskagirl01 - hope you are feeling better! Any chance you could have an ear infection? I have had that where it turns into a sinus thing and vice versa.

I ran/walked on Monday. It was so windy that it was mostly a walk trying not to get blown over. Yesterday was supposed to be even windier so I didn't plan to run and got a lot of stuff around the house done and it didn't end up really being very windy. Today however it is even worse than Monday. I am sitting here watching out the window, listening to it howl and trying to make myself go out when I really want to just wait until tomorrow... The worse part is so many of you all are having terrible cold with ice and snow storms and it is high 60's (F) here. Maybe I will get dressed to run, do some yoga and see how it is then.