2-4 4k treadmill
    2-5 4k treadmill
    2-6 7k slow
    2-7 rest
    2-8 7k sleasy
    2-9 4k slow

February Total: 41k
    February Goal: 140k

Mostly cloudy, mid 30s F, and a gusty wind from the south. I had absolutely no strength today, so I cut it to 4k. In addition to my usual birds, I heard a mourning dove and red winged blackbirds. The blackbirds are here 11 days earlier than they were last year.
    @shanaber I don't normally gush over pictures but those are spectacular.
    I love the bird reports. We have the doves and blackbirds as yearly residents, but you get a bunch of stuff we don’t. What with the recent cold snap we have so many feeder birds! Our newest addition is a pair of Tennessee warblers, tiny birds who are bright green!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Keepin' it sleasy since 1952"

2-1 4k treadmill
    2-2 7k easy
    2-3 4k treadmill
    2-4 4k treadmill
    2-5 4k treadmill
    2-6 7k slow
    2-7 rest
    2-8 7k sleasy
    2-9 4k slow
    2-10 rest

February Total: 41k
    February Goal: 140k

Scheduled rest day today. And (of course) I feel good...
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,706 Member
    2/1 – 7.04 miles
    2/2 – 3.11 miles
    2/5 – 3.15 miles + 9.2 miles
    2/7 – 5.18 miles
    2/8 – 5.12 miles
    2/9 – 3.21 miles
    Total – 36.33 miles

I did my workout this morning which happened to be cardio day. I was so hot and sweaty that I threw on a jacket and went out for a run afterwards. It was a nice 30F and felt great. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize until I was outside that I had not put my contact in (mostly improves my distant vision so sometimes in the house I forget about it) nor did I have my glasses. In addition, it was still dark outside and the battery died on my running light during yesterday’s run and I haven’t charged it yet. In any event, all was good. I did smell a skunk along my route. For all I knew, it could have been running along beside me.

@katharominc – I love that it is staying daylight longer now!

Great job moving up to a wog @AriannaBier

The pictures from Bryce Canyon are beautiful also @shanaber but I much prefer the ones without snow! Sound like a very chilly day out there.

Glad you got to talk to the doctor about your test results @rheddmobile. Even though you are getting to push your running as much as you want, kudos to you for staying active and finding a way to do what you can when you can. Do you know how many people in a similar position would be sitting on the couch saying I have heart problems, I can’t do anything?

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @shanaber loving your pictures as well. I would love to get to Zion and Bryce. I was checking out Valley of Fire in Nevada because of a possible Las Vegas trip but I think that is no longer in the works. But I would love to see some of those amazing red rocks and canyons. Funny about your longest walk ever - I was skimming it and trying to figure out how you managed a 50+ mile walk but I was ready to believe you :)

@rheddmobile I'm glad you had your appointment about your heart. I hope the beta blockers might be helpful to you and not cause other problems. Your trail run sounds like an adventure. Love that "semi safe" description. Now that's a fun run! Glad you could get out there and enjoy and didn't have any heart issues.

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    02/01/22 :::: 0.0 :::: 0.0
    02/02/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 3.1
    02/03/22 :::: 2.4 :::: 5.5
    02/04/22 :::: 0.0 :::: 5.5
    02/05/22 :::: 0.0 :::: 5.5
    02/06/22 :::: 4.0 :::: 9.5
    02/07/22 :::: 1.8 :::: 11.3
    02/08/22 :::: 3.0 :::: 14.3
    02/09/22 :::: 3.1 :::: 17.3
    02/10/22 :::: 2.0 :::: 19.4

Just trudging along through the week here. Another early morning treadmill warm-up and strength training. You know those days when you are getting out of bed and already just can't wait until you can get back in at the end of the day...

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited February 2022
    @martaindale, that sounds lovely! Do you have a lot of nature where you’re from?

Primarily I am in an exurb of Houston that probably wouldn't be this green if it were built today. The neighborhoods were mostly built preserving a lot of the old native trees with greenways and there are a lot of little ponds and lakes around so even though I am mostly on concrete sidewalks, I get to run in pretty nature-y areas.
    My other place is in the TX hill country and it's fairly rural, so mostly road running on 2 lane quiet roads and some pretty cool views! Both are lovely in their own way.

@shanaber Those pics are amazing! It is so gorgeous!

@rheddmobile Good news on the cardiac front. I hope you can find a way to get to run the way you want. FWIW, my husband has been on beta blockers for a few years and has not has any issues with weight gain, so while it's a possibility, it's certainly not a given.
  • Teresa502
    2/1 – 7.04 miles
    2/2 – 3.11 miles
    2/5 – 3.15 miles + 9.2 miles
    2/7 – 5.18 miles
    2/8 – 5.12 miles
    2/9 – 3.21 miles + 3.19 miles
    Total – 39.52 miles

Second 5k at lunch today.
  • Teresa502
    @shanaber loving your pictures as well. I would love to get to Zion and Bryce. I was checking out Valley of Fire in Nevada because of a possible Las Vegas trip but I think that is no longer in the works. But I would love to see some of those amazing red rocks and canyons. Funny about your longest walk ever - I was skimming it and trying to figure out how you managed a 50+ mile walk but I was ready to believe you :)

Come with me and my girls in October! Trip capacity is 5-6 people and there are only 3 of us! Plenty of room!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    2/1 - 6.23
    2/3 - 6.05
    2/5 - 8.03
    2/6 - 6.04
    2/8 - 6.04
    2/9 - 6.05
    2/10 - 6.05

44.49 of 160 miles

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Awesome pictures @shanaber
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Just checking in. Not doing much, still tired. I stupidly didn't adjust the weights on the machine yesterday though (knew hubby had used it but didn't realize it was that heavy) and my shoulder is messed up today. Did a test run Wednesday and decided that if it wasn't for the race on Saturday, I'd probably get back to training normally because I tend to have energy in the morning, and it might help get me out of this pit of despair.
    Goal Saturday is just to complete the 13k/+-800m in the 3-hour time limit. Not as easy as it sounds. In addition to required gear, they're highly recommending poles and crampons ("in our packs, don't destroy the sidewalks in the start area"). Sounds like there's a bit of snow. But hopefully I won't get lost like when I previewed the course. I'm packed, and got a room for tomorrow night, close to the start. I honestly don't know if I can do this, but I'm stubbornly determined to try my best.

Great pictures @shanaber !

Sounds like good news @rheddmobile. More info is good, and I hope you can find something that helps, meds or otherwise. Great job listening to your body and stopping before the thing happened!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Great running everyone.

Love the pictures @shanaber! So pretty with the snow! What was your max walking speed? Bet that was a PR too. I've had that happen, but since I manually enter everything, I just take care of it when I post.

@rheddmobile I hope the small dose of beta blocker works for you and it sounds like you had a great run - getting back out on the trail you used to run. I agree with @Teresa502 Most people will be sitting on the couch with the excuse of a heart condition. You are amazing.

@Teresa502 Had to laugh about the skunk maybe running beside you and you'd never know. I'm glad all was well with your "blind" dark run.

@katharmonic I feel you. I hope you feel better soon.

@polskagirl01 I hope you enjoy your race on Saturday. I know it is going to be hard from your preview run, but you can do it.

I have gotten in a mile run each of the last couple of days. I had intended to run today, but I didn't get much sleep last night, worked today, so was tired when I got home. Plus, I agreed to open in one of the rooms at daycare tomorrow, which means getting there a little before 6:30 am. When I do this shift, I set the alarm for 4 am so I can be sure to get up by 4:30, eat, and have a couple cups of wake up coffee before getting ready to leave at 6:00. Anyway, I am doing my best to get to bed early tonight (rarely do), so didn't take the time to get in a run. I'm only working until 9:45, then going to play tennis from 10-12, then I have a meeting with the bank about a possible load to purchase some land that is being sold adjacent to mine, and my doctor's appointment at 2. A full day.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Come with me and my girls in October! Trip capacity is 5-6 people and there are only 3 of us! Plenty of room!

That sounds amazing and fun @teresa502. If it involves camping though I'm probably not your girl :smile: :p
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    @shanaber Even more amazing pics! I have been watching some olympics and the tricks the snowboarders and skiers throw are just insane to me. I watched some skeleton racing last night. I really like the skeleton and luge events.

@polskagirl01 Good luck tomorrow!! I will probably miss you but I will check on the camera when I wake up just to see some crazy people!