February 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hi all. Definitely back in the game. Just did a time trial run. Ran 1.14k in 5 minutes. Average pace of 4:42 min/km! Faster than last time woop woo!

That's some great speed!!!!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Aine8046 - Vienna is one of my all time favorite places! I think I have been there 4 times between business and personal travel. When I first saw your latest picture I thought 'Schonbrunn!' but realized it isn't... Is it the Belvedere?
    Yes, this is the Belvedere! :) I love Vienna too and feel so lucky I am living here now... <3

• Aine8046
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

@Aine8046 - like others that ride would be a hard no for me too!

Common, ladies! :)
    I did this ride with my son several years ago when we just moved to Vienna. Scary, but fun!

I thought it was Prater! I love that ride, though I threw up right after

That's where Kipcoge did his 2hr marathon.

Yes, this is Prater! And you are correct about Kipchoge :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Hi all. Definitely back in the game. Just did a time trial run. Ran 1.14k in 5 minutes. Average pace of 4:42 min/km! Faster than last time woop woo!

This is fast, super! B)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    After the awful weather this week it was so nice to have great running weather. I ended up doubling my mileage goal for February.

Amazing result for February! :)
  • shesgotaplan
    shesgotaplan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @shesgotaplan I have an iFit treadmill too, but I never signed up for it. My internet is so spotty, I assume it wouldn't do well. I'm glad you got to "go" somewhere interesting for your run.

Our Internet went out several weeks ago and it felt like the longest run of my life staring at a wall. If you're internet is spotty iFit probably wouldn't be worth it for you. Good call.

Running quite overweight at 51 is a bit of a chore, so I quite enjoy getting to see different parts of the world if only through a screen.

It's snowing here again today. :( Spring will come eventually and I'll be able to head back outside.
  • shesgotaplan
    shesgotaplan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can join the Run the World Challenge at this link
    Once you have joined you can connect to Strava where it says 'APPS' at the top of the page.

We also have a MFP Monthly Running Challenge group on Strava if you want to join. I tried to send you an invite but it didn't find you even using your Strava name...

@shanaber - I've not used Strava before, but I think I managed to get signed up and request to join both the Run the World challenge and the Strava MFP group. I hope that's okay. :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @shesgotaplan I have an iFit treadmill too, but I never signed up for it. My internet is so spotty, I assume it wouldn't do well. I'm glad you got to "go" somewhere interesting for your run.

Our Internet went out several weeks ago and it felt like the longest run of my life staring at a wall. If you're internet is spotty iFit probably wouldn't be worth it for you. Good call.

Running quite overweight at 51 is a bit of a chore, so I quite enjoy getting to see different parts of the world if only through a screen.

It's snowing here again today. :( Spring will come eventually and I'll be able to head back outside.

I had ifit when I got my bike. It was a years subscription. And I really liked it. When the year was up it was going to cost me $500 to keep it going! Nope no thanks. So I just watch YouTube instead
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    Nice long run @Aine8046 . Love the picture.

@Tramboman You did great in those conditions. I would have opted for the treadmill again.

Yeah @Avidkeo ! So glad you are back and congrats on being so speedy on your time trial!

@kgirlhart Glad you had such a nice run and are felling better. Hopefully your stamina will come back quickly.

@shesgotaplan You will soon be saying, "Running at 51 at a healthy weight isn't so bad." I usually watch TV or listen to music when I run/walk on the treadmill. I wish I had better internet as I would have loved to used that feature. As it is, I'm used to not having it. The newer treadmills probably have a much better screen than mine. I think my treadmill is about 14 years old.

Nice long run @Scott6255 . Great consistent fast pace too....at least really fast in my book.

@marisap2010 So sorry you were feeling poorly yesterday. I hope you are feeling much better today. Good luck on your 10K this Saturday.

I was so tired today. Not sure why. Anyway, I did my usual Sunday 1 mile walk on the treadmill after church and before lunch.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    We got a March thread yet? It's only 4hrs left of Feb here...
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    :'( AWWWWWWW why are you leaving the forum @Tramboman? :'( But Happy 70th Birthday!!!!!! VERY SORRY to see you go. You have provided many laughs and valuable insight!!!!!!!!!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,837 Member
    Options
    Happy 70th!!! @Tramboman you have always been an inspiration to me here seeing your daily posts. Thank you and wishing you all the best! KEEP ON RUNNIN' it will keep you young,
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Happy 70th!! So sorry to see you go and I will miss your daily wildlife reports. Keep on keeping it sleasy!