Adding 13.11 miles
    exercise.png
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Dave:So glad to hear you came through surgery and doing better. I remember my dad going through all that except the surgery has greatly improved from his. I went through not taking pain meds soon enough after a surgery. It is definitely miserable moments. I will keep you in prayer for a speedy recovery and the road to a better moving pain free.
    March 3: 4.5 miles walking
    March 4: 5 miles walking
    TTD: 19.8 miles
    exercise.png
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    3/1- walked 1.97 miles, biked 2 miles
    3/2- walked 1.16 miles, biked 2 miles
    3/3- walked 1.51 miles, biked 2 miles
    3/4- walked. 46 miles, biked 3 miles
    3/5- biked 3 miles
    17.10/85 total miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

Thanks again, friends! Still some challenging times, but I'm definitely beginning to see a tiny crack of the light at the end of the tunnel! :) I'm so happy that I'm able to be mobile and do more things for myself this time. I'm not sure who that was harder on last time when I couldn't get out of bed for a couple of weeks, me or my wife. I'm determined to do every last possible thing by myself that I can so I don't burn her out like last time. She's managed to get two good nights of sleep now and while yesterday, she was still wiped out when she got up, today she looked and acted well rested.

I only woke once last night and managed to do everything for myself that I needed to. That was huge. I haven't done much yet today, but have gotten my first 2 hours of three sessions in on the CPM machine (continuous passive motion). It's a motorized device that bends my knee SLOWLY about once a minute. Today I managed to set the max bend degree to 120º (which is the ultimate goal) and it did not hurt!!! :heart: Now if I could just get it to bend that far when I'm doing my other exercises. :) In due time, I'm sure.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Dave

glefa0myv088.jpg
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    @dave Glad everything went well. And that the rehab part is coming along nicely. That's a busy schedule.

I did my right middle trigger finger release surgery 2 days ago. I have a huge bullky dressing that goes about three inches below my wrist, yet the half inch incision is right under my middle finger and I can see it by peeking at the top. That's driving me nuts. Its supposed to be on till Tuesday but I'm trying to hold out until Monday before I rip it off. Definitely have to stay on top of the pain, I didn't take the narcotic the first night and was uncomfortable when the local wore off about 2 AM and I couldn't fall back asleep. Alternating between Aleve and Tylenol every three hours, may do the narcotic tonight, I woke up again at 2 this morning, not so much pain, but just this f$&^ing wrap. My exercises include making a fist ten times an hour, stretching the fingers and trying to use them as much as possible. Holding a spoon or fork is hard, my attempts at a ponytail before the treadmill this morning were pretty pitiful. I managed to wrap it all up and take a shower. I also have to lint roll the cat hair off it a few times a day :-)

I did add 5 miles of walking on the treadmill which will probably be my go to exercise for a while. Not supposed to do weights until the stitches come out on the 16th. May try to use the 1 or 2 lb pink ones at the gym once I take this stupid wrap off. Did I mention how much I hate this thing? :smiley:

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Starting the month with 20 out out of 200.

Adding 13 miles for 33 out of 200.

Adding 17 miles for 50 out of 200.

Adding 18 miles for 68 out of 200.

Adding 23 miles for 91 out of 200.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @kar328 - That sounds like the bandage is as painful as the surgery. Last time I had my hand wrapped after a dog bite, I came back to the clinic and had my veterinary staff wrap it again so it was on correctly. :smile: Hang in there.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    3/05
    13.68 miles
    82.72 miles MTD
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    6 Mar 12.20km

MTD 55.52/180
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    Options
    3/4 9 miles
    3/5 9.75 miles

50.25 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    Options
    March 5: 8.25 miles walking
    TTD: 28.05 miles
    exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

@KAR328 - Glad your surgery has gone well, too!! Yeah, it sounds like that bandage would drive most anyone crazy....but especially another health care professional who knows how it should've been done. ;) Hope you can continue to keep the pain at bay. That's my job now these days too. It hasn't been too bad for a couple of days now, but if I don't take it before I need it, it takes a lot longer to feel good again. Great job working out on the treadmill!! :+1:

Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Yes Dave, you have to stay on top of the pain and take it round the clock for a while. I've been doing Aleve/Tylenol, I did try the Tramadol last night and got better quality sleep - blaming everything on this bandage lol. It's a lot better today, only taking Aleve. Went for a 3.5 mile walk with my hand elevated, making a fist, spreading the fingers etc, probably looked weird. My sausage finger is a little smaller. I went to the gym this morning and did some legs and left handed weights. Tried to see how a five pound dumb bell felt, and definitely not ready for that lol. My plan tomorrow is a shower after the gym and to remove this wrap day early, keep a band aid on it when I go out and let it get air when I'm home. Need to practice ice cream scooping. I have half gallons and realized that scooping is too painful. Went out and got some cups of frozen yogurt, even just using the spoon is uncomfortable but I'm willing to work through that pain lol

3.5 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    edited March 2022
    Options
    March 6: 3 miles walking
    TTD: 31.5 miles
    exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options