Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
Most of you that are joining the Seasonal 5% Challenge on MyFitnessPal are, in fact, 'frequent travelers', so having a Special Lounge for you to come and connect with (or reconnect with) several hundred of your friends seemed appropriate! HICIM705

WELCOME ONE AND ALL!!
Your 5% Challenge ~ Overall Leadership Team:
Lynn (KALISWALKER), Heidi (HICIM705), Ceri (CERIUSLY1), Diane (DIANEDOESSMILES1), and Barb (LADYLUK1)

Replies

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,725 Member
    Options
    Good Day, Challengers! It seems this chat room got demoted. Welcome, everyone! Please remember to choose your team asap. Some of them fill up pretty fast so if you want your first choice make sure to post early.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 ,, HI Ceri!! They'll be on here very soon no doubt! Hope you had a great day!!
    is9j3azfem6m.png

WELCOME ALL members!!! Are you excited? WE ARE TO SEE YOU!! WOW we are filling up so quickly already!! GREAT JOB ALL!! Please do join us in passing along that the 2022 SPRING 5% Challenge IS NOW OPEN. To make that easy here's the link to copy and paste:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142698-2022-spring-5-challenge-community-please-invite-your-teammates
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    It's 31 feels like 24 with a high of 47 for today and chance of rain coming this afternoon. I AM: I am a light shining in this world. Axe Sharpening: It's important to understand the opportunity of a lifetime DURING the lifetime of that opportunity.~~Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Have a "no plans" day and notice how that feels. Fitness quote for today: Stay POSITIVE. Stay FIGHTING. Stay BRAVE. Stay AMBITIOUS. Stay FOCUSED. Stay STRONG. ….Mentality is everything.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Obstacles and struggles are a gift; they encourage you to grow.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,010 steps yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    i am really looking forward to this challenge. i find the challenges helpful and fun! have a great day, everyone!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Some movement and chores. Also played Windsoropoly and Mario Kart. I was able to work on getting my challenge ready for the 15th as I am on a study break till my books come in. Tonight's dinner is a repeat of Friday as it was a hit with all of us and is easy. Hubby wanted BLT's but no bacon.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 27 feels like 16 with a high of 39 for today. I AM: I cultivate happiness moment by moment. Axe Sharpening: Take the higher road in life. You will be tempted. You will be tested. Take the higher road. It speaks a thousand words about your character and your future self will thank you.~~Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during the day. Fitness quote for today: Some days it's not about health or building muscle. It's just therapy.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: No more worrying about the "what ifs." Let what happens, happen.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,655 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Chest/Arms this afternoon after dinner.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Just caught up on the chat here. Hi everyone!

Today hubby and I are joining a gym. It's been so long, but the covid numbers are going down and a vaccine passport is required so I it's ok. Yesterday was hiking day and the weather was fantastic. Our camellia tree is in bloom, so beautiful flowers soon.

Happy March!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    @kaliswalker isn't it wonderful to get out away from the buzz of town and into the countryside and just soak up the calm of birdsong and other critters and the sound of rivers and streams?
    4.5hrs on our coastal path today was great
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Just catching up. SO GOOD to see you all here!!! Love the plans of you all!! During the break I want to lose 2 to 3 lbs, and so I am not going into a vacation mode as I had done at times before, though not always. I want to be the low 60's or maybe,, and it'll be a stretch, but maybe even the high 50's by the end of the year.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 24 feels like 24 with a high of 45 for today. I AM: I deserve love and I get it in abundance. Axe Sharpening: You are training more than your body when pushing through a workout. You are hardening your mind and figuring out if you are truly who you say you are.~~Austin Davis 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Fitness quote for today: Focus: When you will be able to concentrate on one goal and do whatever it takes to attain it. YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Stop believing in your excuses and start believing in your ability to get it done.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,730 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: modified for at home Back/Shoulders this evening after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    happy tuesday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i took some extra food to the local food bank drive at the grocery store close to my home this morning. it sure feels good to be able to help others. i will definitely be doing some dancing after lunch today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Even though I don't live in snow country, it's always wonderful to have SPRING to look forward to. We do have seasons here in Hawaii and we can tell the difference in the surf sounds, how the plants sound as they die off or regrow, temperatures do fluctuate some, what's growing and what isn't, sunrise and sunset changes, where the sun sets throughout the year.

And it can get cold (don't laugh, but 68-70 brings out the sweaters), usually from the cold air blowing down after a Mauna Loa snowfall (13,000+ ft). Even for those living at 5,000 ft. it can get down to the 40s. But beach visitors can usually count on good sunny days close to 80. That's more my style and it keeps my orchids happy!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lavalily ,,,, It sounds so nice there!! Strangely I've never desired to visit there, but I think it's only because of so many people, but living in a tourist area myself, I know all you need to do is go inland some and TADA or to the non so populated areas, and you are AWAY FROM THAT!! I LOVE living in the city, and yes, tourists greatly support our economy (I live in Maine, Greater Portland area) it's always fun to welcome them, but come the winter, we also celebrate them not being here as much. Are you all gearing up for more tourists to come since likely cruise ships will be allowed back in port? From what I just saw many here usually start in April or May, but nothing is showing til August and it's CRAZY AGAIN til the middle of October, the businesses will LOVE IT!! And we'll all like that!!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Must say brain is slightly fried right now. Sunday got together with friends-spent time outside, so gorgeous out. Yesterday got bad news from my dr (my blood pressure is high and I have gained 10 lbs in a year). So cutting out sweets and back to heavy duty Tracking/staying in calorie range (I had been doing a bad job with it). Then my 13 yo got bad news (a mole grew back irregular) so waiting on results for that
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @bookieNJ ,,, AWSOME that Sunday you had such a great day!! Love the outdoors!!
    So sorry about the high BP, and weight gain, but your plan is GREAT to cut back on sweets and track everything you eat doing what you can to stay in goal range. Remember the BMR we did at the start of the Winter Challenge? That's also a good place to start since you are quite active.
    Sure hope D's biopsy is okay. If it's not there's so much they can do. Of course to a 13 year old, will there be a scar can be hard on them. I go through skin cancer often if you have any questions you can email me.

Nice sunny day here today!! WOOHOO!!! A cold day, but its Maine and March,,, LOL Its supposed to be!! By the end of the month it'll be warming up (BOOOOO cause those of you who are familiar with me know I LOVE SNOW!! But, it'll be here on and off til mid April GRIN). I HAD to giggle today we had a small meeting with 3 of us who live here and a younger person who had dropped by a new microphone system for us for the Council to use during meetings and for karaoke. I had that all set up so fast she was amazed, and I connected my phone to it immediately (bluetooth) and we did a few songs to try out the system and rate it. Its a really nice one which we approved of at once. Its FUN being the "techie" in an 55 Plus building though I am FAR from the above knowledgeable average young person. Well ,, LOL MAYBE!! I LOVE technology and putting things together!