Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory to announce! I now fit into a size medium life vest. I can leave the size XXL hanging in the shed. I haven't been a size medium anythingsince I was a teenager! Can't wait for boating season.... 😁

Way to go Courtney! That’s great. Update—everything fit on one truck after all. We drive up tomorrow. Our stuff is delivered and off loaded Monday and Tuesday.
    Well folks, it's my turn to go down with COVID!
    I took my dog for our normal lunchtime walk this afternoon and my lungs were just gassed.. came back and tested and sure enough....

@ashleycarole86 Oh no! Wishing you a quick recovery. Rest. Good for listening to your body. Hope you feel better soon.

Tomorrow is the day we drive to our new house. Thanks for all the good wishes. It seems I have my appetite back. Good but we’ll see what the scale says about that…whenever I find it. 😂

@jugar Reminder—I need a pass for tomorrow’s weigh in.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Happy driving @micki48 - I'm glad everything fit in the truck. Now you get a quiet weekend before all the stuff arrives and has to be unpacked! I hope it is a good relaxing time before all that happens.

Ready for Friday? Let's go!
    @Steph1498
    @Pearl4686
    @Micki48 (excused for sure!)
    @gak71
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @collegelyfe17
    @jugar
    @happimess01
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    CW - 169.8 lbs

weight should be up next week because I plan to indulge a little bit today. Will eat at maintenance starting tomorrow though
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW - 169.8 lbs

weight should be up next week because I plan to indulge a little bit today. Will eat at maintenance starting tomorrow though

Sam, you continue to inspire. Way to go. You are so practical and thoughtful about your methods along your journey. I always enjoy seeing your posts.
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Disappointing but I really didn’t make changes this week. I may try doing two healthy snacks like real fruits and vegetables before reaching for a processed snack. Like I must eat two veggies or fruits and then I can have a semi processed snack ;). Also have been slacking on food logging, will try to get back on it
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW 162.4

Well, every week can't be as good as last week.
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Disappointing but I really didn’t make changes this week. I may try doing two healthy snacks like real fruits and vegetables before reaching for a processed snack. Like I must eat two veggies or fruits and then I can have a semi processed snack ;). Also have been slacking on food logging, will try to get back on it

SORRY! Meant to say I now weigh 192
  • jugar
    Options
    This is a bit of a slippery slope. When I was at my worst weight, but trying really really hard to lose, I told my doctor that "I eat really well. Then I eat badly.". It is not a winning plan! The processed or whatever semi-processed might be are not a reward for eating the veggies and fruits. If you add them up, it is just too many calories, most of the time. If you really want the treat - make that number of calories and macros work within your plan for the day. If you want the bigger volume for the same calories, go for the veggies and fruits. You can't really have both - sorry!
  • jugar
    Options
    I just had a wonderful evening with a group of women I have known for just about 30 years. We all met through the midwives who were there when our children were born, and they were both there tonight! We talked about our mothers, and had some great moments of connection, wonder, and confusion. It was so good to get together after this lonely time. We also had one younger woman there who is the partner of our host's son. Food, wine, the big moon, and great company. Perfect!

Here we are to finish off another week. Saturday people are you ready?
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359

Remaining Friday weigh-ins:
    @Steph1498
    @Pearl4686
    @gak71
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ells_bellz

Two more weeks to pull up our socks and make March a month of progress! Tally ho!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    CW - 169.8 lbs

Sam, you continue to inspire. Way to go. You are so practical and thoughtful about your methods along your journey. I always enjoy seeing your posts.

I wish I was this guy but I am not. My approach is sadly more reactive than preventative. I want to lose all the weight right this instant so I keep having days where I overeat. Then I either lower my intake the next day or move to maintenance for a bit.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    PW=87,9Kg
    CW=88,3Kg
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Surprisingly, I'm not upset about this gain - I think because I completely knew that what I was intaking in the last week was ridiculous. Starting a new week feeling like maybe I can get back in the good rhythm I need to. A big walk yesterday is a start. Prepped up some salads today. And maybe it's partly because a little layer of stress is lifted - my mother has had her feeding tube removed (for good reasons - able to swallow, appetite returned & tolerating chemo very well). :)

This is great news about your mother - you both must be relieved and feeling more hopeful.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 186.4

I saw some lower numbers earlier in the week but feeling okay about this. I've started logging things again and have felt way better this week. Hopefully next week will bring a slightly bigger loss, but I know I'm doing what I need to and the scale sometimes doesn't always reflect this right away.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,110 Member
    Options
    The Week 4 Group Challenge for March is open and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, March 20th! Hope you'll join us for Challenge Bingo!

Here's the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10859342/march-week-4-group-challenge-challenge-bingo#latest
    Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    @DD265 I love your 5-step plan and your detailed report on how it is going. Getting into the nitty-gritty of whatever plan we're working on is always helpful and inspiring. The control feels good, even if the hunger doesn't! Keep up the great work.

I'm feeling frustrated from lack of exercise these days too - the snow is too soft for snowshoeing, but too deep for walking. Wherever there is no snow, there is deep mud or shallow mud with a thick layer of ice under it just to keep you in fine cursing form. The vocabulary gets plenty of exercise, but it is just not pleasant at all for all the rest of me. I can drive down to town and walk around on the paved roads, but that bores me to bits. I have done that for a couple of days, but today I had no inclination to get in the car for any reason. This is when I wish I had a gym nearby! There are some not too far away, but it is only for a few weeks that the outdoor conditions are this bad. I still do my Pilates and kettlebell stuff, and I'll bike tonight - but I miss the sweaty snowshoe sessions! I'm actually looking at ads for elliptical trainers...

Week 3 is coming to a close! let's get the last few weigh-ins done please :heart:
    @Steph1498
    @Pearl4686
    @gak71
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ells_bellz

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.