Share Your Day

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I have been in the Larger Losers Group for almost 3 years….so many come and go…it used to be a much more active group….I always thank PAV for the contributions he makes here….I am listed as a leader but I have no access to change or eliminate other leaders that are AOL….I have no ideas how to make this group grow!….thank you to all that are posting here and keeping this group alive!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    We all need to keep the group going! It’s a lifeline.

As for age differences, I hope we all are learning from each other. Sometimes in our daily lives we get stuck with only people of our own age group. How can we expand our perspective unless we share experiences across the life spectrum?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    edited April 2022
    Ha, I was wondering if the ankle biters were hiding for fear of offending elder hamsters!
    cmcddmd08xi0.png

They should take a hint for how I tend to beat up on Connie and Yooly! Wait a second... Yooly beats up on me!!! Must be the teacher thing!

I've kind-a-been missing seeing XDs. And my almost 20 bunnie a day Dutchie used to fill up the screen with them! They are so emphatic and assured!

Connie the actual MFP moderators I am sure can make changes. Unfortunately running and keeping groups alive is a time consuming task.

But I sincerely do hope that people will contribute because we all do learn from each other and I've been very very much interested in how other people are solving issues.

In the end no-body solves everything the same way; but, knowing what other people have done sometimes does give us ideas... and that's part of the exchange!
  • PAV8888
    Plus there is no right or wrong... other than when Yooly sets me to rights! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Dang right there PAVboy!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,761 Member
    .I have no ideas how to make this group grow!….

I'm happy to go onto the main forum and tout for new members by explaining how awesome this group is...but if my touting works and folks want to join, are you able to add them @conniewilkins56 ?
    I don't believe I have permission to add new members...
  • Yoolypr
    On the main Larger Losers page is a little tab OPTIONS that lets you join the group. It also lets you leave the group but we’ll keep that a secret. I don’t believe the moderators need to do the adding?
    I lurked for a long time and then added myself. Perhaps that was presumptuous.
  • Bella_Figura
    Ah, that's probably how I joined too...I don't recall being issued with a formal invitation. OK, in that case I'll go and tout for some new members!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    I have had a rough week so been kinda hiding away in my self pity. Been eating horrible and the hamsters have been evil little buggers of late. I know when I weigh this weekend that the number will have gone in the wrong direction. Trying to get my brain back to where it was before this week so I can continue on the weight loss.

Really I just think I need all the sleep. All of it. But that won't happen this weekend because I have to take my car in tomorrow morning at 8am because of a low tire pressure light. Then I have to grocery shop and then I need to do some design work for a bathroom remodel. So it will not be the calm and relaxing weekend I had hoped.
  • Yoolypr
    Anxiety and stress! It’s so important to find an hour or two for yourself. Might be 5 am or midnight but it’s all yours. Take care and know we’re all having our personal struggles too.

The most important thing is to hang on and not give up entirely- maybe partially but not entirely. ❣️
  • PAV8888
    Oh nooooooo..... Bella! Ve vill be overrun! And you know now that you guys will have to dredge the Novus classics (though they ARE worth the read)

Theme of the week leading up to Easter on main MFP boards.... people who went really hard for the past one to three months and are hard hitting plateaus at the end of their bodies' "honeymoon" period (usually no longer than 6 months)

Yes, it feels insidiously good to just shed the weight by eating nothing and working out lots but you better be ready to adjust to something more reasonable and finesse around limits and reactions when hammering the body into submission stops producing reliable results. Avoiding the whole thing by sticking to 1% or less of body weight or 25% or less of actual deficit is not always a terrible plan!🤷🏻‍♂️

• Bella_Figura
    edited April 2022
    OMG, Pav, the woman who's lost 45lbs in 63 days by eating 400-800 calories/ day! What the hell?!? After sounding as if she'd taken the advice on board she made a serious U turn when she talked about not shoving herself full of food and not stuffing herself just to hit a calorie number. Scary stuff! I seriously hope she wakes up to the danger she's in, but I'm not holding my breath, especially as this isn't the first time she's embarked on a dangerous starvation strategy.

It's easy to forget that there are still lots of folks out there who are seriously clueless and misguided, and who risk serious harm by trying to make themselves healthier. Sooooooo sad and worrying!

I rarely venture onto the main forum because the extreme stories and level of dangerous ignorance are too depressing....

• PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Hey, Ann tried, I tried. You never know when and how you'll be able to get through, so all you can do is try 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Bella_Figura
    Well, sincerely, I applaud you for trying. Both you and Ann. You must've heard stories like that a hundred times, but to still be willing to reach out and try to make a difference, even when you know that realistically you're talking to a brick wall - that willingness to at least try is something special and rare. Chapeau to you....
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Well that's an interesting point though that you've just raised.

I don't think that I was as active at endangering myself way back in the day, but I don't know that my level of knowledge was that much higher than what is evidenced by many every day.

After all I went out looking for something and found mfp cause I didn't think that I could sustain my extreme deficit eating as my future everyday maintenance. The starting point fallacy should be obvious but it wasn't to me at the time.

And it wasn't even obvious till much later when I looked at Trends and spreadsheets that in fact the six weeks before i found MFP I was totally doing the classical eat as little as you can while moving as much as you can which of course is unsustainable as I was correctly sensing.

People didn't need to reach out to me for me to realize that something had to change. Reading the ongoing discussions posts and the highlighted threads at the beginning of the forums was a couple weeks of intensive emergency education!

And having benefited so much from the forums and the people who were there 7-8 years ago (and before) is one of the reasons I decided to participate. not counting the obvious self-defense reason of continuing involvement

And share things such as weight trend apps enough times that they become part of the culture😉😹 and even there I would have to credit scooby's website where I first understood weight fluctuations versus trend, and even before that the hackers diet for popularizing trailing averages when it comes to weight prompting the creation of some of the apps
  • luxia2020
    luxia2020 Posts: 55 Member
    Oh, I saw that post too! From another perspective, I couldn't help but think she was trying to attack others for "eating their recommended caloric number." As a way to justify how her eating habits are better and the genuine "normal."
    I will take it personally as a self-centered food-loving human being. (This is also why I'm thankful I'm the type that will never fall into eating disorders.) I'm so triggered reading that discussion thread.

[RANT START]
    1,747 calories? And that's the bare minimum she needs to survive normally? That's like... nothing. It doesn't even need to be a lot of food, either. I cook a 205g chunk of salmon and 100g of broccoli, doused in a whole lemon's yield of juice and freshly ground salt & pepper in an 8.5"/21.59cm skillet. It'll come up to 468 calories. And that's when I'm lazy and don't want to chop up carrots, onions, garlic, and other colorful stuff. If I ate just that at all three meals, it'd come up to 1,404 calories. That's all I eat, and it's already over MFP's minimum of 1,200 calories for women. I fail to see what's so hard to hit that number.
    OK, maybe she wants volume instead. As she claims is her problem with food. 54x mini chicken & cilantro wontons (store-bought because lazy) at 324g comes up to be 450 calories. I can get all of them to fit on an 8.5"/21.59cm high-rim plate (pasta/lasagna plates [since that's what the plate says 😅]) to make myself feel better. Eat that as one meal 3x already makes it 1,350 calories for the day. If I wanted to add a dipping sauce, it easily adds about 100 calories to each meal (totally averaging them heavily). Especially the crazy homemade Asian ones with lots of stuff in them. (Like soy sauce, mirin, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, green onions, miso paste, etc.) That's already sitting comfortably at around 1,650 calories.
    What.
    And here I am, living my life as I'm steadily losing while eating 1,515 calories. Which is just barely above my current weight's BMR (because I'm experimenting, as I mentioned in the experiment thread).
    Her "three low-calorie pizzas coming to a grand total of 433 calories" can be eaten 3x, and she'll hit 1,299 calories.
    JUST. EAT. ONE. MORE. MEAL. GWRARRRRRRRRRR.
    [RANT END]

Thanks for reading my rant post. I feel sorry you guys have to deal with me now that I'm determined to spam this group. 🤣 I realllllllllllllllllyyyy wanted to get that off my chest when I saw you guys mentioning that post. SO. TRIGGERED.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Unfortunately when our 🐹s break down it is either not obvious to the affected person, or they're trying to rationalize what their 🐹a are going to make them do anyway.

And I fully believe that she's not actually feeling her hunger at this point of time. In a non ED context it would be similar to end stage cancer preventing food intake. The difference there being the physical lack of option to react.

The problem with her is reaching through a brain that's lying to her to get her to at least try to break the cycle.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Very sad for her. So much effort going into something that will absolutely no doubt about it backfire and send her weight ricocheting to the stars. I've been there many times ... weeks without eating anything as a teen - which is the kind of thing that I think can be held responsible for my weight going up and up most years afterwards.

Extreme dieting isn't a long or even a medium range solution.

This time feels better for me - hope it stays that way.