WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    CW - 170.8 lbs

Eating at maintenance right now. I ordered a Ninja blender and want to try making some protein ice cream. Looking forward to that.

I always forget to include you in the Friday reminder! Great to see you and your Ninja blender. Ice anything is always good :smiley:

Let me know if you want to adjust your maintenance range - you are right now under your 172-177. Nice.
  • jugar
    That is certainly a fun, fizzy Friday forum - I was going to post a photo of my fizz-making apparatus, but you're probably better off with a soda stream! I went the full diy system with a fire extinguisher, and the fizz is fabulous. I could not bring myself to deal with the little co2 cartridges :grin: I love fizzy water. No flavours needed, except the occasional splurge with some fresh lemon or lime.

It's good to see Vikki back @Gidgitgoescrazy ! I hope the job(s) settle down soon and get you back here to keep things lively. We'll help you kick those 20 pounds off, no worries!

It has been a kind of lazy day here today. I'm getting some things cooked ahead before going to my dad's for Mon-Fri next week. I'll bring a big batch of soup and a few other things, and try to keep food on an even keel. Luckily, the old man will eat just about anything! I was also going to make a cake today or tomorrow - it was my taller half's birthday on Wednesday and we'll celebrate with our son tomorrow. But now I am told he does not want or need cake, and I should not make one! Maybe a little tiny one...

@bowens1973 say hi to Lloydminster for me! I go there when I visit my daughter and we enjoy the Indian restaurant there. Watch out for the naan if you go there...

@Terytha glad you survived the trip to Seattle - have a blast there. Go to Archie McPhee! Wildest novelty shop ever. Hope it's still there.

Keep the weigh-ins rolling in, everyone -- you know I love those numbers :smiley:
  • jugar
    Kicking myself today, finally in ketosis yesterday and then ate pistachios:( :(
    Now no longer in ketosis!
    Lesson learnt and remembered for going forwards

Who would have thought that pistachios would be a problem :grimace: I'm sure you'll be back where you want to be soon.

I actually don’t really know how. I feel like this week my husband has been ordering in a more than usual. We had pizzas and burgers LOL but somehow managed to lose almost 2 lbs! Maybe it’s because work has amped up in terms of kids I’m seeing and that means a lot more running around them!

When I come back from work- I tend to eat a lot cause I get hungry but this week I reached for one snack and it was usually a healthy choice of fruits, or chips and salsa, or wheat thins and hummus.

I’m trying to be better with my snacking. I don’t want to say this but I want to be serious in this journey— I am going to limit eating processed sugar and can only have natural fruits/nuts, and maybe chocolate chips with my homemade nut mix but that’s it. Wish me luck😁

I like your snack choices! Maybe skip the wheat thins and dip raw carrots, celery, peppers, or just about any other veg in the hummus. It is so good. Good job on losing almost 2 pounds even after pizza and burgers - running around works!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    post get together with old friends - certainly I didn't end up keeping track of what I was eating but a nibble here and there... and there again...we'll see tomorrow's weigh in. I picked up a couple of salad type things with a gift certificate I had. The new discovery was green pea 'guacamole' - VERY tasty, have found a few recipes online, will have to give it a go and make it a healthy one. Overall pleased with this past week - didn't feel out of control. may it continue.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    PW 238.4
    CW 238.2
    Not much, but in the right direction!
  • jugar
    Last roundup of the week! Here are all the weigh-ins due through Saturday:
    @graceojo999
    @evangsimmons170
    @Pearl4686
    @EvMakesChanges
    @bonnie_red
    @ells_bellz
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Friday check in. Friday is almost always date night and I usually do a free day. Today was about 500 calories over mostly due to cookies and lattes! No exercise today. Hubby and I had massages and we were pretty sore afterwards. We took the kids to the pool yesterday and I think we over did it on the water slides! Ha. I was hoping for an easy walk but the weather turned sour. Made the most of my indoor time. Laundry was going, planted some flowers we grabbed while out and potted a little pre bonsai rhododendron we found. I also did some sewing too.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar
    PW 164.2
    CW 161
    ok, gotta keep this up, it's nice to be in the green for a change after last month's disaster!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 478 Member
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 217.2

Great first week of April! Now off to the gym!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    You should do some baking @jugar! I maybe don't relish the 3 hours it took to make 36 cupcakes (including time in the oven when I was washing up etc) but always enjoy the results!

vanemjmixx40.jpg

24 pretty lemon drizzle cupcakes have gone into OH's work for his birthday. The 'rejects' have stayed home with me. :D I ate one yesterday, without any buttercream to see whether the cupcake with drizzle was enough (to cut calories) but I did think it needed something extra. I've eaten one with buttercream today, friends will take a couple, then there are a few with lemon flavoured glace icing as that was another thought I had for reducing the calories - will see what those are like when the icing has set. I do find even the buttercream ones freeze well so that's the plan for the remainder.

Should be going for a walk with a friend in a bit, though the weather is changeable. I have had some washing out (it's been sunny, if not warm) and I feel like the bed sheets were out for under 30 minutes but came in almost dry when it started raining as the wind had picked up. It's sunny again, but I won't hang anything else out now. I have things I want to do in the garden, but we keep having morning frosts so I am delaying.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @jugar You have been a busy traveler lately! Let us know if you ended up making the cake. Brad is traveling for work again this week (so he will have to weigh-in on Friday btw) and it's the first week my Mom will be here and that I'm in the office so I am going to make her and I a big vat of bean mix chili soup to take for lunches or to have for easy dinner while he's away.

We looked up the Indian in Lloydminster and it looks good! He will have lots of meals out and he loves Indian so he just may make it over there!

@eggfreak Green pea guac sounds like it would be super summery and fresh! Yum!

@DD265 Holy crap!! Those cupcakes look AMAZING!! Are you sure you don't ship to Canada? LOL

Great weigh-ins @eggfreak @conleywoods @lauren_989 .... helping to off-set the big blowout red Brad and I contributed this week lol
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    4/8 exercise:
    14921 steps + 46 minutes Peloton

Told myself I was going to get my 10,000 steps on top of any biking I was going to do so I feel happy with how I did
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    CW: 187.6

Definitely up from earlier in the week. I'm blaming the burger, fries, and milkshake I had last night plus TOM. My mental health is a bit better, just waiting to see if it's a placebo effect or if the med changes are doing their job. Physio has been helping with some acute pain so that's good! Just waiting for the up and down weather to figure itself out and then I can enjoy some sun
  • jugar
    @DD265 those cupcakes! you could open a bakery and sell just those :sunglasses: My daughter makes amazing cupcakes too - I don't have the patience. In any case I decided to make a mini-cake - somewhere between a cake and cupcakes. One layer instead of 2, or two really small layers if I have small pans somewhere, and half of it can come with me to my dad's. It was his birthday last month and I missed it, so this way the cake gets eaten by two birthday boys instead of one.

@eggfreak what a fantastic turnaround! You have had the power of NO on your side this week for sure. Don't celebrate by saying too many yesses :wink:
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    @jugar - if possible, could I move my weigh in day to Saturday?

CW 161.4

Thank you!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @ashleycarole86 @jugar thank you! It's the first time the buttercream has turned out well - normally it looks awful and I end up smoothing it with a knife. Borrowed a friends piping nozzle (bigger than mine) and it made all the difference. The glace ones are nice enough but not that much lower in calories, so I'll probably just do buttercream ones in the future. ;)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    The April Week 2 Group Challenge is now open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Apr 10th. Hope you'll join us every day next week to get active and share as a group. Can't wait to see you in the chatroom! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10861576/april-week-2-group-challenge-5-10-15-20-workout#latest
  • jugar
    bonnie_red wrote: »
    @jugar - if possible, could I move my weigh in day to Saturday?

CW 161.4

Thank you!

Absolutely! you are now a Saturday person.
This discussion has been closed.