WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Still in Seattle until Tuesday. :)

Tomorrow we hit MoPop and hopefully the underground tour if it's not too cold.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @KellyBgetsfit Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day celebrating wonderful you!

@veronica1359 Got you down for a 7000 daily pledge, glad to have you!

@conleywoods Can't wait to see the new hair! Neat to know about your in-laws... I imagine with the kids that has some extra benefits (but as you said I'm sure this comes with challenges as well). My mom has become fairly isolated and she doesn't leave the house much, nor does she keep active or have many hobbies. So, it will be hard in many ways, and there is definitely more of a caregiving aspect than I thought I'd have at this stage in life. But, on the plus side... her and I have always been really close, and she's easy to get along with. Appreciate your kind words as well @jugar and the understanding of the potential need for a vent session (or many). I have to say that I'm going to bed tonight with a lump of stress in my stomach for a variety of reasons tonight... doesn't feel good.

We got our Peloton set up in our new upstairs gym.. in some ways I like the new space better. Brad cooked a beautiful "welcome" meal for my Mom tonight and he's on the bike late now since he'll be gone for the rest of the week and away from it.

Hope the upcoming week starts off on a good foot for everyone!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @jugar
    PW: 85.2
    CW: 85kg

A small loss, but it was higher (85.9!) during the week! Naughty DD265. Am back on the wagon now anyhow and the tempting cupcakes are gone. :#

@ashleycarole86
    Sunday 3rd - 6278
    Monday 4th - 9514
    Tuesday 5th - 2560
    Wednesday 6th - 9465
    Thursday 7th - 7523
    Friday 8th - 11975
    Saturday 9th - 10296

Your plans for your hair sound lovely @conleywoods. Mine has purple, pink and green under a top layer of brunette at the moment (been doing that since August - it takes a very long time to build up!) but it's gotten a bit long/out of a style so I'm thinking I'll have some changes when I visit the salon next week, just not sure what!

@ashleycarole86 That must be hard for all of you and will no doubt need a lot of adjustment. It sounds like it will be very beneficial for her, though, and hopefully less stress for you when everything has settled down. I remember when step father in law had a stroke last year, it was a real shock to all of us as he's only in his late 50s and we assumed our parents would be in good health for many years yet. I think because we haven't started a family yet (but plan to), it can be easy to forget that we're mid-30s rather than mid-20s, and our parents are 10 years older too.

I did have a calorific week but pulled it back towards the end. This week we're eating out twice - tomorrow for OH's belated birthday meal, and Friday with friends, so I'll be sure to have low calorie lunches on those days. The other evenings we're having a stir fry (today) and pretty much the last of our freezer food, so there will be some batch cooking to be done. I am thinking chilli, Bolognese, a chicken curry, then we have some turkey mince and lamb mince so I might make some burgers and use up the leftover eggs we have. I think I'll make some more chillied sweetcorn soup too, as that is one of my current favourites, then I fancy something new, as well - will have to look through the cook books!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes!💕 I still have half a Calazone left and we have half a cake 🙄 I am going to take the calazone for lunch and plan for a light dinner.

@conleywoods getting your hair done is always fun. I get a balayage. I'm not grey yet, but I like how natural it looks.

@ashleycarole86 I think I missed the original post about your mom moving in. That will be a challenge, but if your mom doesn't leave her house, it will probably be good for her to live with you. My mom is .5 miles away and my aunt is about 2 miles away. They are both independent right now, but I know someday they will need more care. Our house has a small Casita that potentially a relative could live in someday, but my mom insists she would rather be in a home then move in with us. That's why I am glad she is close.
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Just a quick check in!

PW: 138.8
    CW: 138.0 (-0.8)

The fact that I lost at all astounds me. Last week was a bit of a mess. Monday I nursed my fiance who cracked his head on a metal bar and gave himself a mild concussion...I had my appt on Tues, then Weds I had to leave work to take my guy to the ER after he developed a tooth infection that made most of his face swell up (he paid $130 to a tele-doc who told him to go to the ER), then Thurs the puppy had HIS appointment! Everyone is doing well (post penicillin and vaccines) now but our eating was way off!

Looking forward to reading through everything I've missed - but I have an intern this week so time is short. I'll catch up with everyone soon!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    Sunday I caved...but logged every bite...I didn't cry about it too much - walked 17,000 steps and my intake was only slightly over what I put out. Today has been much better. only 6 pm and I could so easily go to my bed...weary today
  • ashleycarole86
    4/10 exercise:
    9355 steps + 46 minutes Peloton

Well my lunch is packed for work and I'm ready to return to the office for the first time since November 2020. Morning is coming early!

@KellyBgetsfit I should clarify that she does still work, but aside from that her outings are minimal that wouldn't involve me. In terms of the work itself, she's really struggling to do so now that her company returned to office full time. Anyway, she works downtown like Brad and I do, so we all carpool in together, which we did before, but now we'll leave from the same house.

@DD265 You make a great point. Part of me is mourning the loss of what I thought would be many healthy years left for my Mom. It's hard sometimes realizing things are changing for our parents when we weren't in the mindset that it was time yet.

Rode the bike for an hour tonight after going out to dinner with my Mom and Uncle for his 60th birthday celebration. Felt happy with my choices.

@MoonlitMuse Wow.. that sounds like quite the week, hope things calm down for you soon.

Last call for week 1 steps, friends - Apr 3 to 9. I'll issue the report tomorrow.

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @DD265 I too love complex technique weightlifting. your posts make me seriously miss my old crossfit gym. I loved the feeling of strength from completing those workouts. There's a new gym opening in our village later this year so maybe I'll get up the courage to try exercising in public again.
    I'm also insanely jealous of how often you mention cooking with lamb. it's seriously my absolute favourite but its insanely expensive here so I only have it, maybe twice a year. Fingers crossed it will be on the menu for Easter weekend....

@conleywoods can't wait to see the hair! it will be worth the time you put in. it's going to feel so fresh!

@ashleycarole86 going 'back to the office' is so daunting to me. Carpooling is great, it saves on the expense and still allows you the flexibility to run errands in your vehicle on the way home. I took my office job during the pandemic so I've never commuted to the office yet. I have no clue what I'm going to do yet. Maybe bus? maybe drive? maybe a combination of both.... So unknown! I love my new job but I'll admit that I have considered abandoning it for a position at my old location that had free parking. If I drive in daily and have to pay for parking, I'd basically end up taking every penny of my new salary and handing it over to the gas station and parking lot attendants!

Guys, It's 3 weeks until hubby and I take possession of our new boat. I am committing to 3 weeks of concentrated effort to stay within calories and say no to my attitude of "it's ok, I can have this snack, I've already lost so much weight". My air fryer has increased my potato consumption in all forms so that's going to be reduced as well. Smoothies and salads will be the staples and I'll grab raw veggies as snacks instead of crackers. Hubby will have to fend for himself. It's only 3 weeks. I want to see if I can get back to the bottom of what was my maintenance range, 190lbs. I can do this, and by admitting it here, it means you all heard it!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Happy Tuesday! I completely missed Monday - 5 hours in the car, then learning all the dad-care tricks and tips from my stepmom before she went off with a friend for 5 days of escape and enjoyment. My dad needs more and more looking after (and getting after!), so she certainly deserves a good break. Dad and I had a good afternoon and evening, including a (very slow) walk out in the sunshine, sitting outside for a while, I got him to sing some tunes (he used to be a professional singer), and then it was supper and falling asleep in a chair. It took me almost 2 hours to get him to get ready for bed, but I hope to improve my time by the end of my visit.

Today I have to find some way to get more exercise than a super slow walk. I think I can at least get on the decrepit exercise bike and do some weights and Pilates, but I hope to squeeze in a fast walk with the dog at some point. Your musings on lifting are inspiring @DD265 :smiley: I'll stick with dumb and kettle rather than bar, but the muscle info is always fantastic to discover as we go along, isn't it?

@Terytha surely 17,000 steps in hilly places are worth more than 3 donuts! And @eggfreak also with 17,000 - it must have been the lucky number of the day.

@MoonlitMuse that sounds like a crazy few days there - hope you're doing OK!
  • PlaneMonkey
    Wow, I just gotta say that it's surprising how good food can be when you change things up. Instead of eating the chicken salad I had leftover from Costco in a sandwich I put it in a lettuce wrap and WOW the flavour of the chicken salad was amazing, way better than when I had eaten it with bread and butter.

I've made the grocery list and hubby has agreed (for the moment) to participate!

• PlaneMonkey
    @Kali225 I'm so sorry your trip wasn't what you had hoped for! What a horrible thing to happen. A California vineyard vacation is on my to do list once I carve a travel budget out of my home reno budget but I'll be sure to check a map before flying! Pretty sure San Francisco isnt next door to LA. Hopefully Colorado is better for you, and I'm rooting for you to have success in the next 30 weeks so your dress shopping will be more enjoyable.

I actually stayed in my calorie budget today and went for a jog after my weights session. Tomorrow is physio which I'm unfortunately not finding very helpful. My physio is a global postural approach, whole body focus style and I think I would do better with a more traditional focus and the use of tens machines and ultrasound on my specific pain areas. I'm going to give it one more time but I might just cancel any future appointments. She's so nice but I just don't do the exercises cause I don't believe they're working, so then of course they don't work, cause I haven't done them! Not a very productive circular argument. We will see what tomorrow brings.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Lots of hugs flying out to @Kali225 and @PlaneMonkey - messed up vacations and bad returns on travel plans for Kay, and misfit physio for Courtney. I have been finding a lot of good things from the postural approach, but only after lots of traditional physio and other kinds of training. And I have had LOTS of trips where things did not go at all to expectations, so I feel for you both!

As to 60 pounds in 30 weeks, @Kali225 it might be more like 45-50 pounds, but that still is fantastic. You'll have to be logging every day, not celebrating losses with calories, and all kinds of other things to make it, but a goal like that can be extremely helpful for consistency. I know as a performer, if I do not have a concert date hanging over my head, I do not practice as effectively or consistently. I think it is the same for weight loss and other goals - sometimes the deadline is the good motivator. Hang in there and make it happen!!

I had much better routines with my dad today. I think he also knew that last night's bedtime was a bit out of control, so tonight he started earlier without reminder, and got all the things together in time to get to bed nice and early. I'm sure relieved, and will be heading for bed myself very shortly. I had much better steps and lots of cleaning today - dad and I rocked getting the garage into perfect condition today! It is spotless :smiley:

Who's up for tomorrow??
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

Go go go!
  • ashleycarole86
    @PlaneMonkey Have you been given a return to office date? I survived my first day, but the thing that I'm losing is sleep. I lose so much time in the day now! Have to figure this out. What kind of boat did you buy?

@Gidgitgoescrazy I'm tired just reading about your long days right now... so glad you still found a way to check in with us. That's another moment of self care along with the exercise you fit in!

@jugar Daughter of the year award being awarded to you! Hope you had another fun day filled with good laughs and conversations with your dad.

@Kali225 Bummer... when travel goes wrong, that sucks!! The wedding sounds like a great milestone date for you and I will be here cheering you on all the way! Colorado has to be better than the last trip!! :)

4/11 exercise:
    7356 steps + 62 minutes Peloton

• ashleycarole86
    kvfc3p2zhua1.png
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    uy6sb94c9nq0.jpg

Hello! The hair appointment was a success and everything blends much better with my roots. Now I can go longer between having hair color done. Today I stayed in calories but had to work out first to fit in my evening snacks 😅

Work is super busy. We have a new teacher and a bunch of brand new medically fragile 3 year olds. Kind of odd that we have so many starting at once. Just lots of staff training and pep talks. Some of the mommies are having a hard time too. I'm wore out from comforting stressed out adults. At least the physical therapist and I can tag team that room which helps. Tomorrow is our monthly screening day and we have 13 kids scheduled back to back with no breaks, yikes!

@Kali225 That sounds awful! So sad to have a terrible trip.

@jugar Sounds like you are having a nice time with your dad.

@PlaneMonkey A new boat is so exciting!

@ashleycarole86 Glad you survived going back to the office. Sounds like you will be losing a lot of extra time...bummer.
This discussion has been closed.