Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    4/10/22

15+ minutes of activity 5 days a week
    1 of 5 days should be strength training
    1 of 5 days should be core/flexibility.=

Pilates style workout on the mat to spare my feet. So I got my core/flex in for the week.

Add veggies and some fruits to my day.=

Fajita veggies with lunch, grape tomatoes with dinner.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes 30.

Weekly home project= Did some organizing, put away the mountain of clean clothes I've been ignoring for a few weeks, washed more clothes, washed dishes, vacuumed, swept, and mopped. Productive day for me as I have RA and usually don't feel up to doing many chores.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    4/11/22

5+ minutes of activity 5 days a week

Found a 20 minute strength training video with no standing. Lots of old school leg exercises and some triceps and pushups for the arms.

Veggies in my lunch and a side of cheesy squash with dinner.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes 32.

Weekly home project= done this weekend

Saw the podiatrist and got the torn skin off my blister horror show. He said I should be back to somewhat normal in 3-4 days. I will probably take a rest today since I have 4 of my 5 workouts in and I'm sore from two days of floor work videos.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good. 35 min workout with weights in the garage w/ a 2.4 mile walk/run afterwards. Scale this morning down a whole .2 I will take it.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    My weight is up. Hubby made me some lower carb chicken nuggets when he was off work yesterday but apparently they weren't that much better. So I got a few too many carbs I think. Up 1.8lb. Didn't eat too much though I don't think so this will go away in a few days.

I ate a little bit more than I meant to Saturday though. Someone shook the nut can in my face after I'd had some adult beverages and activated the drunk munchies. :unamused: But the worst I did was maintenance I think. Just paused the progress.

Just dealing with kid things and trying to exercise as much as I can around all that mess going on and trying not to get too stressed.

Hugs! I bet it's just the salt from the nuts and chicken nugs that put your weight up! Drunk munchies! I can relate! This weekend, a few of my relatives and I went out and had one on our aunt. Her drink of choice was Captain & Coke. I had Diet Coke of course, but yeah...too many. I'm going up and down, so just patiently...trying to anyway, wait it out. KCKO!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    ugh. I hate the scale. That is all. :lol:
  • anglyn1
    Options
    4/12/22

rest day

Veggies in my lunch and a side of carrots and celery with dinner, raspberries for snack.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes 37.

Still batting back and forth the same 2lbs. Still up 2 lbs. up from my last month low. Super frustrating.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Rested the last two days as I was still recovering from my food experiment over the weekend. A reminder of just how careful I have to be with my diet. Yes it’s a bit boring eating the way I do (carnivore, that’s just meat and eggs, with a small amount of dairy) but the consequences of straying is just not worth it. Just trying a different method of carnivore at the weekend set off an awful reaction that took me days to recover from. So I’m sticking to what I know works from now on.

Thankfully I’m feeling a lot better today so managed a half hour full body workout after work. I doubt if I’ll be meeting my exercise goal of 5 days this week as I think I’ll need another rest day tomorrow. But at least I’m exercising again and that feels really good.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    I need to reassess. I am back up again. Since I've donated all my bigger jeans, I really don't want to have to buy a pair that are bigger. The ones I have now are really too tight. I can zip and fasten them, but forget about breathing! LOL...not quite that bad...yet! I have been laxed about eating low carb these days. But I still eat at a deficit so not sure what is up with that.

Back to basics I guess! KCKO! Have a great rest of your day!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Was very good yesterday. Scale went down .4 to 155. My lowest weight this year has been 152.4. Would like to get to 150 or I should say - "I will get to 150!!" Shooting for end of month but that might be a little lofty. This weekend my DS wants to go camping. We are planning on a 7 mile hike. Yikes. But weather is predicting an 1 inch of snow. So praying the winds blow quickly today and Saturday will be clear.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I need to reassess. I am back up again. Since I've donated all my bigger jeans, I really don't want to have to buy a pair that are bigger. The ones I have now are really too tight. I can zip and fasten them, but forget about breathing! LOL...not quite that bad...yet! I have been laxed about eating low carb these days. But I still eat at a deficit so not sure what is up with that.

Back to basics I guess! KCKO! Have a great rest of your day!

I dunno. When I eat too many carbs, I bloat that water weight in the stupidest of places. One being around my waist. :rage: My body is so rude.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    4/13/22

20 minute dumbbell workout so a total of 2 days strength, a core day, and 2 walking days to meet my goal.

Carrots and tomatoes with lunch, green beans with dinner, and mixed berries as a snack.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes 29.

Same as yesterday. Just hoping that if I keep doing the things eventually my body will figure out we're serious LOL
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I dunno. When I eat too many carbs, I bloat that water weight in the stupidest of places. One being around my waist. :rage: My body is so rude.
    That's probably it. Which makes me sad because I want to someday enjoy carbs, just not go overboard like I've done in the past which landed me here.

I did go for a nice 20 minute walk at lunchtime around the perimeter of my office building. It was so nice! I hope this weekend is nice too, I want to try some of the easier hiking spots around here. Probably won't haul around my big camera, but my phone takes some awesome photos!

Your body is not rude...food is! LOL!

• anglyn1
    Options
    4/14/22

rest day but goal was met for the week

Carrots and tomatoes with my leftover green bean and beef casserole for lunch, salad and cauliflower rice with dinner. Goal met all week.

Keep under 100 carbs= Yes 51. Goal met all week.

Weekly home project= Goal was met this week.

Today I'm almost pound down which still leaves me a pound up if that makes sense LOL.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Back down to 172.6. Not the low I had on Sunday morn but I'll take it since I have no choice :joy:

Glorious day outside. I'll get a nice walk in today. I'm walking with a 10lb backpack now on my yard hikes.

Need to be patient. KCKO. And try not to eat like a fiend this weekend since we may be going to the inlaws for Easter and they always have hidden carbs in their "low-carb" foods. I'll have to be smart.

I am only 7.6lb to goal and I want the jiggle gone before summer. :triumph:
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Made a 25 minute walk today. Tried to make it a full 30, but my legs started giving out! I lost a pound from yesterday, so back on the downward trend. Here's hoping it continues. The weather is finally turning nice so I will make it a priority to walk at least 20 minutes during lunch. Tonight they are having line dancing in a town about 30 minutes from me, so I am contemplating going. Should be fun even though it's a different group than what I usually see. Must start going outside my comfort zone!

Have a very Hoppy Easter everyone if you celebrate! <3