Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I didn’t say I eat these now but I only discovered these yummy foods a few years ago!….I am going to ease into this heart thingy and I haven’t seen the cardiologist yet….lots of veggies and fruits and whole grains….olive oil, a little meat and not as many snacks or Diet Pepsi….more yogurt and low fat dairy….even some eggs…..that is my plan as of in the morning!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    I didn’t say I eat these now but I only discovered these yummy foods a few years ago!….I am going to ease into this heart thingy and I haven’t seen the cardiologist yet….lots of veggies and fruits and whole grains….olive oil, a little meat and not as many snacks or Diet Pepsi….more yogurt and low fat dairy….even some eggs…..that is my plan as of in the morning!

Hmmm.... I admit that I don't know the requirements of "heart healthy" other than perhaps reduced saturated fat and maybe not too much salt, hey! I don't know that Diet pop matters much unless caffeine is an issue. Eggs would depend, I guess, on whether dietary cholesterol affects your personal blood cholesterol and whether it is a problem for you... Sue's (Zinka's) suggestion about a dietitian if the cardiologist/primary doctor agree to refer you would not be terrible.

I would have figured with all your baking that you would have tried pretty much everything and anything! I admit to being surprised a tiny bit by your list! While I do try to "ration" bagels... I do fall for either an everything bagel or the cinnamon raising one... both at Tim Hortons...
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options

Sounds like a balanced, sensible plan to me Connie! Hoping for better news on the horizon for both you and John and keeping everything crossed for good outcomes for you both!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    That sounds really good, Connie. I gave up sodas altogether even before I lost weight because I realized they were contributing to my fibromyalgia pain. I drink hot and iced tea for my caffeine hit, and occasionally water with a flavor enhancer in it. We keep iced tea in quart jars in the fridge. Ten jars of tea lasts us about two days, so I am forever making up another couple jars.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    Connie - you epitomize "When the going gets tough the tough get going."

Sorry to read of your experience on Friday - but so happy and impressed to see you here posting! You go, Hot Momma!

What's for supper....hmmm....well last night I overcompensated for an over the top calorie deficit last week. Not enough to eliminate the deficit - but in hindsight (and after finally logging yesterday's food - which I was loathe to do - especially when a entire cake preceded the pizza) - I can see that is what happened. I'm kind proud that I didn't eat all of that pizza I ordered just before the shop closed. Not eating the entire pizza - stopped when I felt physically full is a first. But it did mean that I started today with a breakfast of a 1/4 of a crispy thin crust pizza. That is going to alter today's menu a bit.

So, supper today will be a bunny bountiful salad, with bunny beans (yes - I'm allowing myself up to one bean bunny per day :) ), field greens, strawberries, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and peppers. Topped with balsamic vinegar and a mighty dollop (75 grams to be exact) of hummus. I'm looking forward to it already!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Ha!….I meant to put the above post in Share Your Day….oh well, chicken for dinner!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    King prawns with a bowl of veggie rice and a chilli & ginger sauce type thing for tea tonight.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Homemade burger in a homemade bun for dinner...topped with a dry-fried egg. Sorry Connie!

Not a bunny in sight for dinner...
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Connie, you're like a woman possessed! If this is the wake-up call you needed, then perhaps your little heart scare will be the making of you!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Connie, you're like a woman possessed! If this is the wake-up call you needed, then perhaps your little heart scare will be the making of you!

I agree!….I have run around today like a wild woman!….I have almost as many steps as I did holiday shopping and I haven’t left the house!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Last night was roasted cabbage, potatoes, and onions with some turkey kielbasa. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the kielbasa. Did it taste the same as the normal beef stuff? No, but it was perfectly good in its own right.

Tonight will be hibachi shrimp bowls with zucchini, onions, and mushrooms. Was supposed to make this last week but didn't for some reason. I don't even remember why now.

I am looking mostly at meals with lots of veggies in order to keep my points (and calories) down but with more food. I find "bowls" do this really well, like the hibachi shrimp or a burrito bowl. Next week I am doing a teriyaki salmon bowl (I get chicken (white meat) and seafood as my 0 point proteins). So a small amount of grains, lots of veggies, and some lean protein. Then add something to bump up the flavor (teriyaki sauce, salsa, light sour cream... whatever matches the theme).
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be one of those sausages I never manage to avoid, little gem potatoes, cauliflower and saurkraut :) one of my favourite, quickest dinners!

Lunch will be a bunny boosting salad.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    @Athijade it sounds like you could post some bunnies! At least 3 to 5, right?

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I hope paws are all good today! 😉
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be Jumbo King Prawns again ……this time with noodles,I think …..and a homemade- thinking-on- my- feet-soy-gingery-black beany-type sauce.
    Will 🐰it up with some 🥦🌶🫑🥕🌽

Yes, I do like a prawn or two, though I do not usually have them for consecutive teas.
    I am on a quest clearing out the Freezer, to then de-ice (with a pick axe probably 🥴).
    Though I do reckon I must have been a bit OCD filling it, as everything appears to have been filed in groups!

Tomorrow could be prawns again or some other over-iced fishthingummy bob 😂….Meals lately have been quite entertaining!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Our freezers are a mess!….I have a small chest one in the laundry room that the kids are “ suppose” to use and I store my things in the kitchen refrigerator one BUT somehow mine gets filled with their partial bags of veggies, etc….I have it all organized and then someone puts something in it or moves an item and then I can’t find what I want or worse yet my daughter cooks something, doesn’t tell me she used it, I go to get it, and it’s gone!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Paws are better, but I am being very careful with them because if I try to do everything from yesterday today, I'll annoy them again and I don't like being in pain like that.