Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Again today, my routine was waaaaay off and food wasn’t on my mind, so I made a big dinner. Braised red cabbage, red potato with butter and tofu sour cream, with chicken spinach sausages and horseradish hot mustard.

Thank you @Bella_Figura for the inspiration.

ncm7vkdm15um.jpeg
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,134 Member
    Options
    @NerdyScienceGrl that looks so delicious!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Mini lean meat loaf,boiled baby potatoes,fresh green beans, and a salad…..coffee and Tate’s Itsy Bitsy cookie bites for dessert…..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    Lipton onion roast garlic soup thickened by canned pumpkin and served with a "dollop" of Greek yogurt.

"dollop" is also known as a *kitten* load of yogurt but sounds more refined when dolloped😇
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I had a leftover portion of Italian spaghetti for lunch and am going to do the patty melts for dinner that are normally lunch. But I had a snorter of a migraine today, and have largely just sat round and read books and slept. I'm just not today, and patty melts are good and comforting and I have everything ready, even the grilled onions and patties of hamburger I cooked Wednesday.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The last couple of days I had chicken fajita bake... essentially a thin sliced chicken breast with sliced peppers and onions and then some pepperjack cheese. I served it with corn bread.

Tonight I will be making tuna noodle casserole.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Finally soup weather! 70s and I can open the windows. Woohoo. 🥳
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    No windows open here!…..dinner is thin cut chicken tenders with strips of tri colored peppers over yellow rice….dessert is coffee and fiber one chocolate chip cookie….
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Boy are you kids ever quiet!

I am starting to feel as if I am putting myself in danger here? I've smashed my already banged shin and I'm now at the stage where I can't even apply pressure to the front of my left bottom paw without "knowing" about it! Somewhere in there that left knee got whacked too--enough so that I am now legitimately called "limpy", especially when going down the stairs! And yes... trying to walk it off yesterday did NOT work!

Remember the keys at the bottom of Christina Lake? (I prefer to think of them at the bottom of the lake as opposed to sitting in dog poo, or dumped in a garbage can!) Well... today I left the ONLY remaining set at the post office counter and then went shopping! Thankfully the keys were still at the closed post office counter when the search party of myself plus two shopper drug mart employees went looking for keys throughout the store!

OH! And you know that time of the day when the sun is shinning in your face? Late afternoon? And you can't really see either because you're driving west or because you're carrying things downhill to the parked car? And you've opened the door of the car so you can put the things in the back seat? And the door walks right into you and whacks you straight in the left side of your ribs till you stagger backwards and drop half the stuff you're carrying?

Yup... for some reason I am a little bit uncomfortable right now while sitting at my computer... and I still have to finish loading the car! And get ready to drive 17 hours + breaks (OK I WILL overnight halfway!) GOOD TIMES!

Oh... food! Let's see: fresh prunes! 193g that were nice and ripe... the rest got turfed since I am emptying the fridge before leaving! Remainder of the open sabra classic homus with some deadly pretzel crackers I just picked up (150 cal per 30g... 64g out of the 260g in the bag gone--so far!) And since the crackers were "in play", I also finished up the blue menu (12%) goat cheese. Combined 45g of the sort of cream cheese with the two boiled eggs into a fairly nice egg-salad like topping for the crackers!

And that was my "what the bleep am I going to do with my rib boo-boo" 800Cal "snack"? Did I mention I tend to steer mostly with the left paw and I could definitely "feel it" as I was driving back from the store?!!?!?!?! I am thinking I just MIGHT hit the bottle of aspirins tonight!!! :anguished:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh... and I forgot... it ALL started yesterday where the third 30g chunk of the 90g dark chocolate espresso bar disappeared right while I was eating the SECOND 30g chunk. Disappeared. Looked everywhere... couldn't find. Gave up. Unlogged it. So today (before the whack-a-rib job) I was sitting at the computer and my bum was little bit uncomfortable. THAT'S RIGHT! The 30g of chocolate were in the back pocket of my jeans. Melted. Without a wrapper. Ugh-huh. YES I thought about eating it!!!! :flushed: But I didn't! :smiley:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oy! At this rate I highly recommend getting a duplicate set of keys made regardless of cost. Stash them somewhere safe but definitely not the back pocket of your jeans. Save that pocket for future chocolates.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Boy are you kids ever quiet!

I am starting to feel as if I am putting myself in danger here? I've smashed my already banged shin and I'm now at the stage where I can't even apply pressure to the front of my left bottom paw without "knowing" about it! Somewhere in there that left knee got whacked too--enough so that I am now legitimately called "limpy", especially when going down the stairs! And yes... trying to walk it off yesterday did NOT work!

Remember the keys at the bottom of Christina Lake? (I prefer to think of them at the bottom of the lake as opposed to sitting in dog poo, or dumped in a garbage can!) Well... today I left the ONLY remaining set at the post office counter and then went shopping! Thankfully the keys were still at the closed post office counter when the search party of myself plus two shopper drug mart employees went looking for keys throughout the store!

OH! And you know that time of the day when the sun is shinning in your face? Late afternoon? And you can't really see either because you're driving west or because you're carrying things downhill to the parked car? And you've opened the door of the car so you can put the things in the back seat? And the door walks right into you and whacks you straight in the left side of your ribs till you stagger backwards and drop half the stuff you're carrying?

Yup... for some reason I am a little bit uncomfortable right now while sitting at my computer... and I still have to finish loading the car! And get ready to drive 17 hours + breaks (OK I WILL overnight halfway!) GOOD TIMES!

Oh... food! Let's see: fresh prunes! 193g that were nice and ripe... the rest got turfed since I am emptying the fridge before leaving! Remainder of the open sabra classic homus with some deadly pretzel crackers I just picked up (150 cal per 30g... 64g out of the 260g in the bag gone--so far!) And since the crackers were "in play", I also finished up the blue menu (12%) goat cheese. Combined 45g of the sort of cream cheese with the two boiled eggs into a fairly nice egg-salad like topping for the crackers!

And that was my "what the bleep am I going to do with my rib boo-boo" 800Cal "snack"? Did I mention I tend to steer mostly with the left paw and I could definitely "feel it" as I was driving back from the store?!!?!?!?! I am thinking I just MIGHT hit the bottle of aspirins tonight!!! :anguished:

@PAV8888 you are clearly a hazard to yourself and potentially others, and clearly need the love and organisational skills of a good woman. You need to start lobbying CCCGG to come back on a permanent basis!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Men!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Men!

🙄🙄🙄
  • PAV8888
    Options
    👅
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Looks purrfect ❣️

Subway veggie delight last night (salt, pepper, oregano, , one squirt vinegar, no process cheese/dressing) last night. Hotel waffle today (10g butter, 50ml syrup---climbing walls now after 4 coffees too😹)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    How’s the knee/ribs/ long drive situation? Hope you arrive safely and have time to recover from your adventure.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Long day of getting Boyfriend through the bureaucracy of getting hired on. Oof.

Thank all the gods the steaks got pulled out this morning, already in their marinade, and I pulled out bread rolls. The mashed cauliflower is premade to microwave, the rice is in packets ready to boil up, and the green beans are all I have to do quickly. So I will be able to handle dinner and all will be okay.
  • PineappleAltz
    PineappleAltz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Bella_figura yes I’m in the uk :)