Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Well... I've broken out all the "little pony" tricks, or is that tricky ponies?... in any case I'm more of a puppy than pony guy, so there's that!

riced veggies? check -- 260g = 76.5 Cal

shiritaki rice (konjac fiber basically)? check. -- 200g = <25Cal

super salty maggie vegetarian chicken cubes? check. 1.5 cubes, or just about 25 Cal.

Terrible sodium overload for health... but retained water makes you feel more full, right? And I'm not concerned with what the scale will show temporarily... just what it will REALLY do longer term. :wink:

And... frozen pacific white shrimp. boiled, peeled ended up about 190g / 226 Cal when ready to add into the pot!

Water :wink: Nuked, boiled, and otherwise heated.

Whole kit and kaboodle was 2059 grams--that's over 4.5lbs for ya bro!--and totally NOT the lady like portion preached by Garfield!!! :wink: .... BUT: 350 Cal!

Well... not that I didn't round up with a clif bar and some premium plus crackers... cause I did... but so far I'm heading into the evening in good shape to end up closer to my 2K estimated sedentary maintenance than my more usual 3K range.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Today hasn't been terrible. My partners had beef and bean enchiladas with rice and beans and all the nice side stuff, and I had a taco salad. It helps that I don't like much in my tacos or taco salads but meat, cheese, lettuce, and the taco shell, so the calories aren't terrible.

It's been 50 degrees and wet today, and this is not weather my body likes, so I've been very low-speed today. Lots of fibro pain in the various joints. I'm going to see what I can get done this evening, which is probably low key picking up and tidying. Maybe some sewing. I have an altar cloth to hem, and I need to do a little ironing on the work pants I hemmed for Boyfriend, just so the hem will lie nice and flat. Then he'll have five pairs of work pants, and that works just fine to get us through the week.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    So uninspired - skipping supper. I spent the morning baking citrus butter cookies for friend’s birthday tomorrow. There was was some tasting and sampling as the dough had to be rolled into tablespoon sized balls before baking. Then I made my mothers German sauerkraut recipe for Sunday dinner. It really is better a day or two later. A good part of the day in the kitchen left me not caring about evening meal today. 🤢 Maybe some crackers? Jello?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    So uninspired - skipping supper. I spent the morning baking citrus butter cookies for friend’s birthday tomorrow. There was was some tasting and sampling as the dough had to be rolled into tablespoon sized balls before baking. Then I made my mothers German sauerkraut recipe for Sunday dinner. It really is better a day or two later. A good part of the day in the kitchen left me not caring about evening meal today. 🤢 Maybe some crackers? Jello?

If I cook all day I have trouble eating anything I was cooking, or much of anything, really. I would make you up a nibbling plate of crackers and nuts and veggies and cheese and just nibble and rest from your labors.

• PAV8888
    Options
    I would eat the sauerkraut.... cause I'm me!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Small cubed steaks fried in a tsp. Of olive oil,sweet potato,broccoli and salads….dessert was Itsy Bitsy Tate’s cookies and coffee….later an apple and almonds!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Connie, your supper sound wonderful. Hope your husband was able to enjoy it too.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would eat the sauerkraut.... cause I'm me!!!!

Not today! It has to mellow a day or two. It will be Sunday dinner with venison sausage. Son and husband will have potatoes to go with. 🥔

• PAV8888
    Options
    Interesting bit @Yoolypr after a lot of calculations I have to say that baked and boiled potatoes fall under my "good deals for the calories" category. So does the sauerkraut actually. Snausages not as much, though venison I imagine would be a leaner deal.

Random day so far. Found a non expired "tofurkey" roast from LAST year... and it is now in the oven!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Never been a big plain potato fan so why waste the calories on so-so food. Now a good poutine!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Connie, your supper sound wonderful. Hope your husband was able to enjoy it too.

My husband is taking so much pain med it is messing with his stomach and he had a phone call during dinner!…I think he was feeling better this morning but gets tired as the day goes on….the bruising on his spine is horrible….I just hope he will eventually get some pain relief….
  • Yoolypr
    Options

My husband is taking so much pain med it is messing with his stomach and he had a phone call during dinner!…I think he was feeling better this morning but gets tired as the day goes on….the bruising on his spine is horrible….I just hope he will eventually get some pain relief….

So sorry to hear this. Sometimes it’s a battle between the pain meds and stomach upset. Hoping he can get the rest and nourishment he needs to recuperate. It’s so slow to get better. I’m sure it’s hard on you too just trying to help as best you can. Be sure to take good care of yourself too.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Never been a big plain potato fan so why waste the calories on so-so food. Now a good poutine!

Ah, poutine... the one national sport I've not adopted! Now beavertails :wink::lol::kissing_heart:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I love potatoes!….baked, boiled, fried, mashed, etc….I never met a potato I didn’t like!….I never ate sweet potatoes until about 15 years ago and now I love them!…

This morning I put two huge skinless boneless chicken breasts in the slow cooker…( when did chickens gets so big? )… later I will shred them and put sugar free Baby Rays BBQ sauce on half of it for dinner…salad left from last night and I will have mine on tostados and John on buns….probably some green beans with it….tomorrow I will make chicken salad with 1/4 of the shredded chicken and 1/4 for a semi pot pie on Monday…that’s a lot of mileage for $11.00!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Bag-o-tricks item:

~510g water, whole grain cream of wheat (90g 187 Cal), and 4g cocoa and 200g Yoplait. 330 Cal and warm and hitting the spot!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bag-o-tricks item:

~510g water, whole grain cream of wheat (90g 187 Cal), and 4g cocoa and 200g Yoplait. 330 Cal and warm and hitting the spot!

You mixed this all together?….oh my!…and ate it?…..
  • PAV8888
    Options
    U mean you've never had cream of wheat .... and then added some milk Connie?

My milk's name was yoplait 😹
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    And cocoa....mmmm....cocoa sounds like the secret ingredient that brings it to the next level!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    U mean you've never had cream of wheat .... and then added some milk Connie?

My milk's name was yoplait 😹

Yes I have had cream of wheat….I hate it lol….and no I would never put milk or yogurt in it…..
    ( shuddering )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    👅