Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tonight is another spinach salad but with roasted chicken, honeycrisp apple, dried cranberry, walnuts, and feta with balsamic vinaigrette
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    Options
    It's the one time in the year in Canada when cans of unsweetened pumpkin puree are on sale in preparation for Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday!

Random amount of boiling water and eyeballed amount of vegetable based Knorr, goodly amount of most of a can of pumpkin, chop in the tops of some onions, crack on lots of pepper (or if adventuresome other spices... I've even heard of some weird people even using some yellow curry powder not that I would know any of them). ... And eat!

I hear that some people would even wait till it's off the stove!!!!🤔😇

Something like 200 Cal!!!👍
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    Sounds like pumpkin soup to me! Lots of recipes online but most insist on adding cream. A dollop of low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream would do. 5c48sefn6w8f.jpeg
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a shrimp stir fry with zucchini, bell pepper, broccoli, and green onion. Served it over udon (I was craving some noodles). Topped it with more green onion and some cashews.

Super simple. Super good.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Overnight I made Mexican-inspired pulled beef with a chuck roast, spices, and a stray jar of salsa. Got that drained, pulled, and in bags this morning. It's to go into a quichecake with peppers and onions and more Mexican spices.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I have a big screen and a keyboard back again. I love reading everyone's posts respond is just too nitpicky for my fat *kitten* fingers. So I'm just sending everybody hugs.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Supper tonight is a date pizza from a fancy Tiki bar pizza parlour... Or something like that...not eating inside yet - so it's just take out dinner at his ridiculously well decorated home. But I get to bring Laine... And having the furry one with me makes it a little less scary. 🙂

CPU fan didn't get
    delivered to the shop today... So no computer yet.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Home made CPU fan = make sure thermal paste is correctly applied between CPU and heatsink. Bring out big **kitten** summer room fan. Point to little desktop computer at a slight angle aimed to at the very least skim over top of heat sink. Blast on high setting! Enjoy cool computer insides and blown papers from any nearby desk!

:wink:
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Pumpkin soup can #2: As above. No curry. Add grated nutmeg. Considering whether to add some carrots or not... hmmm.... Also.... roast on parchment paper 460g mushrooms. Also... roast on parchment paper 485g grey zucchini... I think I've got PART of the rainbow covered here... <checking pants... are they orange yet, are they orange yet, are they.... > :smiley:

Considering blue menu goat cheese dollop vs greek yogurt dollop vs nothing for pumpkin soup tonight!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Have you considered adding roasted mashed/ chunked sweet potato? Or making the soup entirely from roasted or baked sweet potatoes? Similar texture and taste.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But.. but... I would have to go get sweet potatoes! And CALORIES! (though I guess it would play on how much potato would be required).... my whole can of pumpkin is under 270 Cal (variably 200 Cal under the old label and 270 under the new... I'm going with the new even though the can is of the old variety)!

However... it's a good idea!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Plain sweet potato isn’t too calorific and comes canned/frozen/raw. Sweet potato fries, mashed, purées, noodles ..... Here in the south sweet potatoes are cheap and always available.
    But you’re right, canned pumpkin is certainly the way to go for easy meals. No pre-cooking, measuring or mashing. Stock the pantry while it’s still available!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Steak, mushroom, and grilled onion quichecake. About 350 calories a slice, one dish is 8 slices.

iugx9ribvzlb.jpg

This one goes in the freezer; I just pulled out the next one in line, which is sausage with cheddar cheese, and I'll cut that and start serving it tomorrow morning. This way no matter what happens I know they have a safe breakfast for a week.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    are these "crust-less" versions?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    remember the beautiful grilled mushrooms from earlier today? The "last ones standing" were chopped up into a microwavable bowl, some fresh onion was also trimmed over them... and a couple of eggs were broken for some quick microwave scrambled eggs made a bit creamier by 20g of the 12% goat cheese, while 40g landed in the "future pumpkin soup" to make them both more creamy for a total of about 120Cal extra! Soup is now waiting for my return from some walkies! Yeah: walkies!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Home made CPU fan = make sure thermal paste is correctly applied between CPU and heatsink. Bring out big **kitten** summer room fan. Point to little desktop computer at a slight angle aimed to at the very least skim over top of heat sink. Blast on high setting! Enjoy cool computer insides and blown papers from any nearby desk!

:wink:

Lol... I hadn't seen this when I wrote my response on the other thread. I believe we are from the same weird planet.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But Laurie your post implies a closed desktop case... mine suggests an open box! Note: place blocking material to avoid dog caught in computer insides or sticking tail inside. Ask me how I know about tail inside open computer boxes... 🙀
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Walkies were cancelled due to falling asleep in chair! Pumpkin soup still available for eating (and already logged to yesterday 😻). Pants still not yellow 🙀 as of now, so probably safe to eat more soup!!!😹😹😹