Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 My knees are great! I continue to do the exercises that the physical therapist prescribed and have not been having any problems - I'm so happy about that because I love running and am so excited to be doing it again.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    @Cheesy567 Woohoo for the gain of lean body!!! I do my next Dexa in Oct. Eating enough protein and minimizing cuts are a great thing! Congrats!
    @Beautyofdreams In my situation at the moment I am in flee mode. Or avoidance. Writing things out yesterday helped me tremendously. It kept me out of the kitchen. Other times I think, "Eating like an A--hole because of S--t thoughts," Is how I snap myself out of whatever things are driving me to eat. Yes that is some of losing 100 with Corrine podcast teaching. Not having forbidden foods is also another way I have stopped the binge. I have to live with all these things around me so I have to turn the thoughts about the food around. Not creating drama about it is another. Just changing the thought process will change the outcome.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    2dllalcfkuoy.jpg

APRIL WEEK 1 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 121,141 steps
    2nd @peng123 106,825 steps
    3rd @mari_moulin 102,793 steps
    4th @rwood566 85,607 steps
    5th @lindamtuck2018 85,414 steps
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 706,166 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

Linda 7/7
    Megan 7/7
    rwood566 7/7
    tahm42 6/7
    peng123 7/7
    morethanjustanumber 7/7
    mari_moulin 6/7
    Jpedno 7/7
    Aactuallyaash 4/7
    cheesy567 4/7
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning all.
    Check in for 4/12:
    Steps - 15442
    Calories - 2207. Ugh. Too high.
    Exercise - started playing pickleball but pulled a hammy in my first game. Slowly walked home to keep it from getting worse. Walk was 1 hr 17 min at 2.5mph. Went on a 1 mile stroll after dinner since I was getting foody.
    To many bad snacks. 3 pieces licorice, chips, peanuts. Daughter made hot chocolate after the walk but she made mine with milk. Extra 140 calories. Hammy feels fine today but I am taking the day off and probably tomorrow, unless I get restless being inside.
    Dinner out tonight since we are driving daughter across town to vote on her union contract. I will be modifying my early calories a bit for more wriggle room.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Check in for 4/12:
    Steps - 15442
    Calories - 2207. Ugh. Too high.
    Exercise - started playing pickleball but pulled a hammy in my first game. Slowly walked home to keep it from getting worse. Walk was 1 hr 17 min at 2.5mph. Went on a 1 mile stroll after dinner since I was getting foody.
    To many bad snacks. 3 pieces licorice, chips, peanuts. Daughter made hot chocolate after the walk but she made mine with milk. Extra 140 calories. Hammy feels fine today but I am taking the day off and probably tomorrow, unless I get restless being inside.
    Dinner out tonight since we are driving daughter across town to vote on her union contract. I will be modifying my early calories a bit for more wriggle room.

Not very often you have high days like this so go easy on yourself. Sorry you hurt yourself. A couple of days rest is probably a good idea.
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    I am so proud of myself. I set a new lap and burn record for myself. I swam 84 laps and my total burn including my pool exercises was 718 calories. 🔥🔥🔥🔥
    rfrv98o3z9yy.png

look at you go girlfran!!! Whoop Whoop!!! Excellent!!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Step Count 4/12: 6,431

Just not feeling it today. Like, seriously not. Do you ever go into a "funk"??? I'm wondering if it's "post vacation blues".

Yesterday's workout was some light cardio with weights. Nothing great.

Need to pull this bug out of my buttocks.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hey all. Back on track today. I've hit my highest weight ever now. It's time to finally do this once and for all. One day at a time!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Step Count 4/12: 6,431

Just not feeling it today. Like, seriously not. Do you ever go into a "funk"??? I'm wondering if it's "post vacation blues".

Yesterday's workout was some light cardio with weights. Nothing great.

Need to pull this bug out of my buttocks.

I believe there is post vacation blues. Every year after our trip to Newfoundland I get into a funk for about a week. Light cardio with weights is still a workout. Give yourself a few days to get back to normal life.

• lindamtuck2018
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hey all. Back on track today. I've hit my highest weight ever now. It's time to finally do this once and for all. One day at a time!

You can do it. If you want i can post the weight you are at now. It would be nice next week to get credit for losing the weight you have gained.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps 15,846

I have an appointment at the passport office this morning. It is cutting it close because I need it in less than 6 weeks. I am not sure if I will have time for the pool today or tomorrow. I will go for a short walk though. My arms are sore from my swim but they are a good sore.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/13
    Step count 8,018
  • peng123
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! The stock market is closed tomorrow - so today is my last work day before the long weekend - I'm the only one on the desk today - so it's going to be a crazy day. Here's my check-in:

4/13:
    Calories: 1,161
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 12,250

I had a great day yesterday - I did a 6-mile jog this morning - so I'm feeling great! I will stop by this evening after the market closes...

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Cara
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 that would be great if that's ok. I weighed in at 271.4lbs this morning! thank you
  • peng123
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so sorry - what kind of funk? How can we help?
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Very late check in for 4/13:
    Steps - 3724.
    Calories - 1997
    Exercise - none. Day off to rest hammy. Went out to dinner and ate a bit to much.
This discussion has been closed.