Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Linda, congrats on your new record, that’s awesome!

@Beautyofdreams and @tahm42, I’ve been working on that method from Corrine this past 6 months or so too, and it’s helped a lot. I’ve had times where binges/ overeating are driven by physiologic hunger, too, so sometimes I have to be sure to schedule meals and make sure I’m getting enough protein.

@Megan_smartiepants1970, sitting here alongside you.

The road trip was good today, got my freggies 5/5, went to Indiana Dunes National Park, pup got two walks in and a couple quick training sessions. Still have some driving to do too, lol! Didn’t get a weight because the hotel floor was too funky to zero out the scale.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    peng123 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so sorry - what kind of funk? How can we help?

Thanks Cara ...I am not sure how you guys can help...
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 <3 I hope your funk passes quickly and leaves very little smell <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 <3 I hope your funk passes quickly and leaves very little smell <3

Thank you :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Well am moved back into my bedroom. The rest of the house is back in order. All that is left is to finish going through all my paperwork and sorting. I have to save 7+ years of medicare, health insurance receipts and doctors summaries. Every seven years Medicare decides if I should still receive benefits and asks me to send medical information for the past 7 years to the present.

My hair stylist told me that she is trying to lose weight and get healthy. I recommended mfp. She seemed interested when I showed her how the set up and food logging worked. When I left she told me that she wanted to become as small as me. I wished her success.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 4/14:
    Steps - 3136
    Calories - 1800 or close
    Exercise - none. Planned rest for leg. Had a video meeting and a fitting for compression shorts.
    I am still snacking but am trying to log them all.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 169 Member
    PW: 321
    CW: 321

Food logged: 7/7
    Water: 6/7
    Exercise: 3/4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 221.0
    CW: 218.6

Awesome loss!
    I apologize for not being sociable ... I have been in a funk for a few weeks now and I am not sure how to get out of it ... Tired of being in pain Frustrated with life etc etc etc ...

Hope you feel better. Living with chronic pain is a big adjustment.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

4/14:
    Calories: 1,145
    Exercise: 6-mile jog
    Steps: 16,711

No work for me today - just lots of chores and errands - I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Linda, congrats on your new record, that’s awesome!

@Beautyofdreams and @tahm42, I’ve been working on that method from Corrine this past 6 months or so too, and it’s helped a lot. I’ve had times where binges/ overeating are driven by physiologic hunger, too, so sometimes I have to be sure to schedule meals and make sure I’m getting enough protein.

@Megan_smartiepants1970, sitting here alongside you.

The road trip was good today, got my freggies 5/5, went to Indiana Dunes National Park, pup got two walks in and a couple quick training sessions. Still have some driving to do too, lol! Didn’t get a weight because the hotel floor was too funky to zero out the scale.

Glad your road trip is going well. All that pre planning is pay8ng off.

Well am moved back into my bedroom. The rest of the house is back in order. All that is left is to finish going through all my paperwork and sorting. I have to save 7+ years of medicare, health insurance receipts and doctors summaries. Every seven years Medicare decides if I should still receive benefits and asks me to send medical information for the past 7 years to the present.

My hair stylist told me that she is trying to lose weight and get healthy. I recommended mfp. She seemed interested when I showed her how the set up and food logging worked. When I left she told me that she wanted to become as small as me. I wished her success.

There are two take away from your hair stylist, you helped her on the path to a healthier life and you got a nice compliment on your weight loss. That must of made you feel good.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 4/14:
    Steps - 3136
    Calories - 1800 or close
    Exercise - none. Planned rest for leg. Had a video meeting and a fitting for compression shorts.
    I am still snacking but am trying to log them all.

How is your leg feeling?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps 5,436 (non pool day)

PW 206.8
    CW 204.8

Taking both my granddaughters to the pool this morning. I will do pool exercises while they are playing. We are meeting my daughter and son-in-law for our annual Good Friday fish and chips. It’s been a few years since we have been able to do this in person as we were in lockdown the previous two years.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/14
    Step count 8455
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    Great morning in the pool!!! 1400 meters and I even swam a 25 meter of butterfly!!! I was proud of myself! It is all coming back to me. College swim team was 30 years ago... so it is taking some time to come back to me. Happy Good Friday! Happy Passover! I pray this good light feeling lasts all weekend.
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm angry as heck. There is absolutely NO WAY that I've gained 10 lbs from last Friday. NO WAY. I don't understand it. My scale is on crack. I've ate 90% clean ALL FREAKING week.

PW: 228
    CW: 238

Steps: 7,349

Feel free to review my diary because I'm frustrated as HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 221.0
    CW: 218.6

Awesome loss!
    I apologize for not being sociable ... I have been in a funk for a few weeks now and I am not sure how to get out of it ... Tired of being in pain Frustrated with life etc etc etc ...

Hope you feel better. Living with chronic pain is a big adjustment.

Thanks Linda
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 208.4 (loss 1.2 lbs)
    LTD: 42.2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have decided to take the day off from walking today (my hips, knee, ankle hurt today)... my plan is to clean the house and meal prep for the week ..I hope everyone has a nice weekend and Easter (if you celebrate it )
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Rwood566
    PW: 223.8
    CW: 222.2. -1.6LB
  • lindamtuck2018
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Great morning in the pool!!! 1400 meters and I even swam a 25 meter of butterfly!!! I was proud of myself! It is all coming back to me. College swim team was 30 years ago... so it is taking some time to come back to me. Happy Good Friday! Happy Passover! I pray this good light feeling lasts all weekend.

Awesome! You should be proud of yourself. Those feelings after an accomplishment are the best. Is the pool a 25 meter pool?
    I'm angry as heck. There is absolutely NO WAY that I've gained 10 lbs from last Friday. NO WAY. I don't understand it. My scale is on crack. I've ate 90% clean ALL FREAKING week.

PW: 228
    CW: 238

Steps: 7,349

Feel free to review my diary because I'm frustrated as HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Did you try changing the batteries? You would have to eat so many calories to gain 10 pounds so you are right there is no way. Did you have a high sodium meal? Do you weigh yourself weekly or daily?

Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 208.4 (loss 1.2 lbs)
    LTD: 42.2

Getting closer to onderland!
This discussion has been closed.