WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    CW: 162.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    what vegetables do you like to grow? This is my first year trying and I hope it turns out ok. I was growing some bell peppers and started them indoors like it suggested and none of them grew 😕 I hope that's not a sign of the squash, zucchini, and tomatoes 😂

Another vegetable gardener in the group - you'll love it. If your indoor starts don't germinate, it is usually because the soil is not warm enough. I have to put mine all on heated mats up here - it makes a huge difference in the rate of germination. Then once they show their little green selves, lots and lots of sunlight or plant lights are needed to give them a good boost so that they are strong and ready when you plant them outside. Good luck!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Sun 4369
    Mon 15,352
    25 min elliptical
    Tues 11,370
    Wed 13,952
    Thurs 13,195
    Fri 11,646
    35 min intervals
    Sat 13,190
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

s94olpw3xxlv.png
    udm0fp5v54bk.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ikpknga4gokg.png

By Pounds
    msay1kootmvb.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    369u5j64zhxz.png

By Pounds
    2bomn9ydiaaw.png
    1eyzk16x4lqx.png

Team Winners
    dx6ef62mjvqp.png
  • jugar
    WTG for making top team this week! It was not one of the spectacular weeks, but there were those good, steady, moderate losses, and 57% of the team was in the green! Excellent job. Congrats to @veronica1359 @eggfreak @ells_bellz - you led the week brilliantly!

I was so excited to head out on a FAST walk today - after several days of slow walks with the old dog and the old happy pappy, it sure felt good to stride out, climb the big hills, and enjoy the woods. I hope you all had a lovely Sunday!

As usual, I'm late with the Sunday reminders - here they are! Plus the Monday people too - let's keep up our top position if we can this week!
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK
    @DD265
    @MoonlitMuse
    @SatanLuciferJones
  • jugar
    My steps for this past week for you @ashleycarole86 :

Sunday - 14,855
    Monday - 7,484 + 15 Pilates
    Tuesday - 13,556 + 30 Pilates
    Wednesday - 12,587
    Thursday - 10,989
    Friday - 10,229 + 15 Pilates
    Saturday - 4740

I feel like you should subtract some of the steps - it was some seriously slow walking much of the time!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    WTG for making top team this week! It was not one of the spectacular weeks, but there were those good, steady, moderate losses, and 57% of the team was in the green! Excellent job. Congrats to @veronica1359 @eggfreak @ells_bellz - you led the week brilliantly!

I was so excited to head out on a FAST walk today - after several days of slow walks with the old dog and the old happy pappy, it sure felt good to stride out, climb the big hills, and enjoy the woods. I hope you all had a lovely Sunday!

As usual, I'm late with the Sunday reminders - here they are! Plus the Monday people too - let's keep up our top position if we can this week!
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK
    @DD265
    @MoonlitMuse
    @SatanLuciferJones

PW: 135

CW: 134.6

I never been so happy to lose .4 lbs! I for sure thought I gained like 5lbs minimum. I haven’t tracked for more than a week. I exercised less this week and ate less veggies this week. I am very relieved at .4 lbs 😂 I need to do better!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    @eggfreak .... oh, the T word .... we have to get our taxes done too! I threw all my paperwork in a closet as part of the home rearranging before my mom moved in, so I know I'm dreading it more this year because I feel so disorganized. Problem for another day :pensive:

@kellie_erin How do you feel the job interview went? Lots of change coming for you... are you still enjoying Orangetheory these days?

@veronica1359 Got your steps.. thank you. Hope NYC has been a blast... great first full week on the step team! It sure paid off.. awesome results this week for the team weigh-in!

@ells_bellz Sounds like a hectic job for sure. I am impressed by cooks who can handle all that pressure. You must be absolutely exhausted when you get home from your shifts. Great work and congrats on your leaderboard placement!

@jugar Great example of making exercise fit into your circumstances... you could have just skipped it or said "nah.. this isn't my usual intensity", but SOMETHING is always better than nothing... always a good reminder! And I'm sure your dad was thrilled to have the change of scenery with you as his walking buddy! :) Glad you saw your sis too
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Well, yesterday was a blowout but I did have two successful 'no's - nearly opened the bag of potato chips to go with an evening wine but said 'no' and also said no and threw in the trash 3 'milk chocolate flavored bunnies'....I know how that tastes - if I'm going to eat chocolate, I want to eat real and good chocolate. Got a second wind and did some hefty yard work in the evening. I don't think my 3200 calories expended took care of what I ate all day BUT surely it made a dent. Back to better and less today.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    So, I'm in the midst of something that will typically drive me to eat...anything and lots of it. Last day to do my taxes, looking for the paperwork that I tucked in a "safe place" and CAN NOT FIND IT. Posting here instead.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    PW 85
    CW 86.5

I will be glad to give up chocolate again, I think. I started each day with good intentions but it hasn't taken long at all for those to fall by the wayside. I've also moved less, despite the weather being good, due to being busy at work.

We tried a new recipe in the air fryer last night which was paprika coated pork chops. Had it with corn on the cob and jacket potatoes and probably too much butter! But it was all very tasty and nice to have something different, as well as cooked fresh.

I haven't stopped this weekend between batch cooking and chores. I wanted to get the 'home' to do list to stop scrolling and I have achieved that, so happy with progress. Still have some bits to do inside and out today; including emptying and dismantling a set of drawers that I'm taking up to Yorkshire tomorrow for Mom. Not quite certain where I will put everything from all the drawers, but that can be future-DD265's problem because now-DD265 wants more space in the bedroom.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Sun - 2106
    Mon - 10568
    Tues - 3699
    Weds - 9717
    Thurs - 10537
    Fri - 12745
    Sat - 10270
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    @ashleycarole86 the interview went okay... I tend to get anxious and ramble a bit so hopefully that didn't affect their perception of me too much. The job would be downtown, which I'm dreading - it would mean a huge change to my routine. I love the Orangetheory that I go to right now (the coaches are amazing and I've made a really good friend there) but it's just not feasible to get to if I'm working downtown 😫. I like to plan things but I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself with this. Anyway! I should find out some time this week if I get it or get to continue on in the process (I'm not clear if there's going to be more rounds of interviews or not)
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Monday check-in

This is laughable, but this is what my pattern is (You'll see I fluctuate between 137-142 pretty regularly)
    PW: 138
    CW: 142.4 (although I'm wearing heavy clothes today, soooo maybe a little wiggle room is warranted here... :D )

No really, last week was a joke. I had an intern which meant I didn't really get to work out during lunch, and then my fiance's birthday was Saturday and well, you know, yesterday was pretty calorific too

Honestly though, the cheesecake I made for Saturday was worth the gain lol. He loves peanut butter stuff so I made a PB cheesecake with a nutter butter crust, a layer of mini marshmallows on top, and then covered in a PB caramel. The nutrition info? 736kcal and 98g of fat for 1/16 of the cake...so bad for you but soooooo tasty.

Although since my fiance was on his 'let's get married sooner rather than later' kick, he agreed that we can start working towards getting a bit leaner for when it happens. They have another Rez Meltdown starting in a few weeks that focuses on lean muscle gains so I think I might sign up for it as added motivation.
This discussion has been closed.