WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 193.0
    PW 194.2

@conleywoods that hair is gorgeous! I'm sure in the sunshine the colour variations will just sparkle! Good choice.

@ashleycarole86 our return to office isn't finalized. There are so many of us (Federal government department nationwide) that they have to take into consideration that they've developed a timeline to implement the "plan".... ohh bureaucracy! Summary is 100% WFH is a no unless you have exceptional circumstances (unknown yet what qualifies as exceptional). The rest of the workforce is to go to a hybrid model but again, unknown yet what ratios qualify as hybrid. Could be as often as you like in the office or could be as little as once a quarter. Supposedly those decisions will be made at our Chief manager's level and we should get more insight on his feelings during our meeting later today. The majority of our team wants to stay home as much as possible and only go into the office for collaboration as a team. As part of the hybrid model, the department is going to 'hotelling' work spaces where you book your desk on an app so with that there is no guarantee that the team members you had planned to collaborate with can all book adjoining cubicles, which makes going in to the office pointless as there is no collaboration if you're all on different floors. There's also the possibility that we could book spaces in satellite offices closer to our homes instead of going into HQ, so that adds another dimension. Parking and commuting costs vs transit sanitation and health measures are all things weighing on me.
    They expect us to have an agreement on how often you will go to the office set up with our manager by June 17th and to be adhering to the agreement by September 6th. I'm going to request going in twice a month (on payday!!) and see what the reaction is. ;) There is a lot of talk of people jumping departments to those that allow better WFH arrangements. I'm highly specialized in my trade and love my current workload but I still have options to go elsewhere with free parking etc if that ends up giving me better peace of mind.

Ohh!! and the boat is basically a party barge! We had a fishing boat but it had cramped seating and it's too difficult for mothers with mobility issues to get in and out of so we bought a tritoon (pontoon boat with 3 tubes) that has a flat entry from the dock and a large floor with lots of couches and loungers. It's still powerful and maneuverable enough to pull a tube or a skier. Best of both worlds.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey sounds like the same type of boat Brad and I have.. you're going to have a blast. My company is on a hybrid model too so I am still working from home Monday and Friday. phew! Really hope you get an arrangement that works for you

@conleywoods Gorgeous!!! Major hair envy right now.. looks amazing

Well, time to hit the road! Chat tonight
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am going to wait until tomorrow to weigh in. I have been celebrating my birthday too much...I am sure I am up, but I want 1 day of regular eating before I check the scale

@kali225 all of LA isn't even within driving distance of LAX with traffic!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm sorry the trip didn't go as planned, but did I read that right...do you have Covid again?

@conleywoods your hair looks fabulous!

@jugar and @ashleycarole86 ummm, I demand a step recount!!! Just kidding but man am I motivated to walk more this week.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Back up to 230 after indulging a bit on my mini vacation in addition to doing a bunch of yard work
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Dill pickle snacks! Can't remember who talked about them a long time ago, but I've reintroduced them to my menu - great to bring to work (cut up into small pieces) - crunchy and barely any calories.
    I've also decided that always having some chicken sausages in the fridge (the precooked kind, aidell's andouille or any other kind) makes it easy to throw together a QUICK meal you know, the kind you need or else you're going to feast on anything within reach bag of potato chips, etc.... They're a set calorie amount per sausage and pretty satisfying with veg/potatoes or the peperonata I made recently.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Dill pickle snacks! Can't remember who talked about them a long time ago, but I've reintroduced them to my menu - great to bring to work (cut up into small pieces) - crunchy and barely any calories.
    I've also decided that always having some chicken sausages in the fridge (the precooked kind, aidell's andouille or any other kind) makes it easy to throw together a QUICK meal you know, the kind you need or else you're going to feast on anything within reach bag of potato chips, etc.... They're a set calorie amount per sausage and pretty satisfying with veg/potatoes or the peperonata I made recently.

Guilty as charged! I'm often promoting dill pickles as an antidote to dessert cravings - sour and crunchy sometimes kills the sweet tooth madness. This came from some book I read where a boys' boarding school kept a barrel of pickles in the dining room to help kill the sweet cravings - I tried it and it works!

@PlaneMonkey your description of the crazy planning and hoops everyone has to jump through are enough to make anyone crazy. Holy moly!!!

Had a good day with the old man and the old dog today, but found out my car needs a very expensive repair before I return home. A problem started before I left, but I just thought it was bad alignment. Turns out the power steering gear box is dying quickly and has to be replaced. When I saw the price of just the part I about keeled over... So Friday it will get done, hopefully, and I'll head home Saturday - a day later than I hoped, but at least my car should not leave me by the side of the highway on the way. I hate cars.
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    @jugar cars are an evil money pit but there's very little way we could live in the places we do without them. Good thing you got it checked instead of just 'hoping for the best'. Better to be delayed a day while comfortably visiting family than being delayed in unpredictable weather on a roadside.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @jugar thanks for the Lloydminster dinner suggestion. Had it delivered to the hotel and with the exception of a missing item, it was VERY delicious! Great call my friend.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I know right?? You are I were within steps of each other.. crazy! That was a very high step week in particular for me, normally way more of my steps come from the bike but being away, I was forced to use my feet as my primary :) Still couldn't catch @jugar though hehe

4/12 exercise:
    11748 steps + 31 minutes Peloton

BRAD COMES HOME TOMORROW! Yay. So friendly reminder @jugar that he won't weigh in until Friday

What's everyone got going on for Easter?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I adore your hair; it looks so healthy <3

@planemonkey the boat sounds amazing, the WFH situation sounds rubbish!

@ashleycarole86 we're going out tomorrow; an escape room in the Nottingham caves (yep, actual caves! If you're 6'3" or taller they give you a hard hat lol) then food at a good burger place. Saturday/Sunday OH is working 7-4, so I'll be pottering at home. Monday OH is off but we've no plans. Tuesday OH is working 3-12, and I'm off to Yorkshire to do some decluttering for my grandparents, getting my hair done, and meeting a great friend for food - it's going to be a long day!

Had a bit of a panic yesterday because my peach and nectarine trees have peach leaf curl - it's a fungal infection. The nectarine is far worse and most of the leaves had it. I've stripped them (later found out that was unnecessary as the damage is done to the buds, but the leaves would drop anyway) and need to try and nurse them through. We went out for a mini-greenhouse because rain is a big factor in it, so they're both covered now. I know what to do for next spring, and hope they make it! I did enjoy spending time in the garden and the weather is meant to be good this weekend, so that might be my plan for Saturday.
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    Mmmmm pickles!
    I forgot to pick some up yesterday. There's going to have to be a field trip into town to get some this weekend. Yum
  • PlaneMonkey
    Options
    I managed to maintain control on my food this past week and the scale is showing it. I had a few hungry moments but the will power is still there. I'm hoping this weekend I will stay strong. Results are worth it!
  • jugar
    Options
  • jugar
    Options
    If you want a really good laugh about the weather in Manitoba...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83reBQavfQ&amp;ab_channel=brittlestar
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar thanks again for the pickle tip - going to set some up right now - must go and give evidence to a grand jury today....if it's not one thing, it's another, right out of the blue. Have a nice time with your dad and turn a blind eye to the cupboard full of naughty snacks.
    @planemonkey I've got the same feeling as you...let's not blow it this weekend :D Extra weekend challenge for me as we have Monday off as well.

and to all, happy friday!

This discussion has been closed.