General Discussion

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    And I think it's not always nice for me to post pictures or discussion of food when other people aren't eating carbs or aren't having fried foods or whatever.

Hey: I'm the *kitten* who posts candy... are you saying I should put a SOCK in it?!?!?!?! :worried:

YOUR pictures are welcome! :kissing_heart:
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Nah, you can post all the candy you want, sweetheart. I haven't been able to eat most candy in any quantity since I was about 13, so I'm used to seeing what I can't have in that regard. (smile)
  • Timberlan127
    Timberlan127 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! After 3 successful days hunger has caught up with me. What do you all do to keep from feeling hungry? I'm trying to keep my calories to 1200. But I was so hungry tonight that I added 150 calories for 3 cups of popcorn. I would greatly appreciate any ideas that you all have.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! After 3 successful days hunger has caught up with me. What do you all do to keep from feeling hungry? I'm trying to keep my calories to 1200. But I was so hungry tonight that I added 150 calories for 3 cups of popcorn. I would greatly appreciate any ideas that you all have.

First idea, and most basic, is that in spite of the amount of weight we want / may have wanted to lose... believe it or not a sustainable pace beats a fast but ultimately unsustainable pace.

So.....
    --a) are you using a weight trend web site or phone app? They're useful as a double check because at the end of the day you DO want to see that trend head down, even if on
    --b) are you actually logging everything (by weight), by preference before you even eat it, and using independently verified entries from the database (because the database actually sucks in terms of having multiple wrong items out of which you may have to pick the most un-wrong!)
    --c) is the amount of calories taken in less than the total calories spent for the day? If yes, you're still losing weight just not as fast!

1200 is the minimum MFP will give out as a target because it is the minimum required for semi reasonable intake of nutrients. But getting it as a target is usually an indication that your currently selected activity level/age/weight/height combination cannot quite afford to lose at the speed/rate of loss speed you've selected.

--d) have you reviewed what you've eaten and how many calories it cost and how satiating it proved to be for you? HOW CAN YOU TWEAK IT without spending too many calories?!?!?!?

--e)... have you visited the bunny 🐰🐰🐰 thread? How many bunnies did you eat today?!?!?! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    There is a thread with potentially some interesting ideas for pretty much all of us.

I don't agree with 100% but the overwhelming majority are actually pushing out great ideas!

Main forums: "Name one weight loss tip that worked for you besides tracking"
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    MFP is having some major glitches and it doesn’t look like the resolution is happening soon. Read the link below for information:

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/5716717249933-Unable-to-Create-New-or-Edit-Existing-Foods-Meals-Recipes-and-Quick-Add

🤯🤬😱😩 and more! And I thought it was just my old iPad.

• Timberlan127
    Options
    PAV8888 Thank you for the response. First What is the 🐰🐰🐰 thread and where do I find it? Since I am 72 years old I'm finding that weight just doesn't come off unless I stick with about 1200 calories. But I guess because I have been eating much more than that now that I have cut back I'm hungry all the time. I will take a look at all the forums and see what I can find. Thanks again.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    Don’t despair Timberlan! I’m 74 soon to be 75, short and trying to remain as active as possible. Had some bouts with bursitis and arthritis. But it’s been pretty much tracking food and staying in a deficit. Don’t try to be too aggressive or lose too fast. Slow and steady works best. Try to find lower calorie substitutes for what you enjoy and will fill you up.

Scroll down to the Discussions section of this page. We discuss all kinds of things that you might enjoy joining. 🤔
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    ... What is the 🐰🐰🐰 thread and where do I find it?...

Hi Timber. I'm no PAV, but I can lead you to the bunny thread. :)

Look further down on the page - to the discussions threads and you will see:

How many 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 did I eat?🙀

It is a fun thread where we are keeping track of the fruits and vegetables we are eating. The thinking is that a meal with plenty of vegetables has a lot of bulk to "fill" you up, but not so many calories. One way of avoiding hunger for a little while.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    And don't forget that 5 to 10 bunnies a day keep the doctor away ❣️😘

*Of course Australian bunnies are not the same as British bunnies and may be different than pav bunnies but hey it's at least a start 😹
  • Timberlan127
    Options
    I love the 🐰🐰🐰 idea. You all have such good ideas and suggestions. Thank you all. This is such a great group!!.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    So, @Timberlan127 did you eat your minimum protein and fiber today?! And.... how many bunnies DID you eat?!?!?!?

Actually now that I think about it.... how about YOU @MelissaAY1017 and, since we are supposedly respecting our elders... how about YOU @conniewilkins56 ??? And since we have the XD generation (almost) aboard 😍 ... s'up with YOU Ms @luxia2020 ???

And how about hearing from some of the people I've only seen one or two posts from?!?!? @mrsjenfrank @bulfrognz --hey are you from NZ???? How about you @DaddyHertz?

Are any of you 100% tracking on MFP or elsewhere? Are you or are you not using a food scale? Do you double check your food entries with second sources or are you relying on a large deficit to provide a cushion in case of missloging? Are you using scale weight values or making use of a trending weight web-site (e.g. trendweight/weightrapher) or application such as Libra or Happy Scale.... inquiring minds and all that!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Elders?…..Elders?…..PAV it is a good thing I like you so much!
  • pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WARNING! Lots of Info. At Once:
    Hi all! I've been reading here for many months and last posted in October of 2021. I think that was the last time I posted something. I'm friends with @conniewilkins56 and @Andreafindsherself1971. I have been using all your info. to loose 83.3 lbs so far since joining MFP. I use true weight and weigh daily. I use the Libra app. Just wanted you all to know this group has helped me so much and I want to leave more posts here. Thank you everyone. Since my heaviest in November of 2018 I've lost 125 lbs and would like to loose another 56 to 61 more pounds. I'm a numbers person so knowing my tdee and my maintance calories have made all the difference in my success. As for bunnies I love eating veggies and fruit and track my micros now too! (Yeah for premium and eating enough protein and fiber.) Before this I had no idea how much fiber played a roll in weight loss. I always ate protein and fresh fruit and veggies, but the fiber thing was a big one for me. I've been checking in here more lately sooo...

• PAV8888
    Options
    hello @pamelar25 with the mini mini brief tiny post filled with a good amount of information! I see someone who can pack a lot of information nutrients in a tiny package... others... yup... I know some others who can easily get lost in a soup of words! :innocent:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Pamela’s I m so glad to see you here!…please join in any conversation….we are a wacky friendly group!….welcome!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Okay - where are you two seeing this @pamelar25 person???? I've scrolled back and forth and not seen a post :s Me's goin' blind! B) (maybe me should take off the shades?)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Okay - where are you two seeing this @pamelar25 person???? I've scrolled back and forth and not seen a post :s Me's goin' blind! B) (maybe me should take off the shades?)

M-EF-Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Is that telling me she is on MFP? Or is that you expressing your frustation with M-EF-Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee making posts disappear?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @pamelar25…125lbs - that is an amazing amount to have lost - congratulations 💕