TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,505 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Good morning all! 🙋 And welcome to all of the newbies!

My name is Sue, and I am 61 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 1 grandbaby (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on forever. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶

I have been on MFP for almost 10 years now and part of TBBT for 2 years. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I am closing in on my “official” goal of 140 lbs but will probably revise it down a bit when/if I ever hit it. It took me years (almost 20) to crack the 150 barrier so we’ll see. 🤷‍♀️

The days are getting longer, and slowly – too slowly for my taste - getting warmer, so I am looking forward to being able to get back outside and bike / hike / kayak. My goal for May is to be no heavier than I started. ⚖️ I am travelling 2 of the 4 weekends and that is always a challenge for me. Going to Buffalo for the long holiday weekend, can you say CHICKEN WINGS?!?!?! 🤤

Anyway, welcome everyone and here's to another great month for TBBT!!! 🎉
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    *silently peeks head out of the bushes*

Hey everyone :) I'm Christine. I've massively failed the group by not checking in for a while! I can't believe the May challenge is starting already! I'm here, and I'm back in it(I promise!) I've missed out on a lot!

I'm 29 from Connecticut and am happily married with four fur babies. We lost our 12year old pup a few months back, but recently adopted a 1yr rescue. We have Juju(1yr old lab mix), Dillon(3 year old mix pup), Arry(2 year old siamese) and Sage(aka Handsome, a 6/7 year old cat). I enjoy walking/hiking with the dogs and hubby, getting out when the weather is warm, and getting to the gym when I can. I also enjoy puzzles, watching some sports, and competing against my friends with the daily wordle :wink:

I joined TBBt back in February 2019, and have been around almost forever since then! Some drifting, but always here or checking what's going on. I started my weight loss journey in November 2018, and have lost ~70pounds, give or take! Much of my success came from the support of everyone here!

Plans/Processes for May
    • On Sunday, I began a round of Whole30(to help eliminate/find trigger foods that are giving me... issues) and am successfully on day 6. I plan on committing to the full 30 days and then follow the reintroduction process as well. I suspect dairy and gluten may be my biggest issues. Part of this, I am not supposed to weigh myself during the 30 days, but I really can't help it. However, I am not allowed to track my meals(sounds kinda crazy, but it's actually working for me). I am definitely eating the healthiest I ever have- a wide variety and a lot of vegetables, organic/local protein, a serving of healthy fat, and a seasonal fruit with almost every meal. I feel full between meals, and am sticking to three meals only.
    • We have been walking the dogs on most days ~2ish miles each day, as long as it's not raining(poor pups absolutely hate the rain) and we plan to continue this daily, when possible.
    • Drink only water, black coffee/tea or compliant kombucha. No diet soda(my downfall)
    • Gym at least 3 days per week. Classes have been really hard to stick to, as most end around 7:30/8 and I have to be up around 3/3:30 for work. Even if I don't get to classes, the goal is to get on a machine 1-2x weekly at a convenient time and catch a class or two on the weekend.

I'm not making ANY promises about checking in frequently, because I've been terrible at that, but I do promise to pop in and catch up on reading what's going on in the group. :)

I hope everyone has a VERY successful May challenge! 😀
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Yay! We have two new members on the team! Huge welcome to @jpettegrow and @ldyhawk ! 🙋‍♀️ Let us know if you have any questions. Here's to a great month for all!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    • Mrscanmore
      Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
      Options
      Hello, my name is Karen. I've been doing this challenge since January and have lost almost 30 lbs. My goal is to get to 160, and then up my calories a bit and work more on strength training.

I'm a kindergarten teacher and mom of 2 teen girls. We live in Saskatchewan, Canada. We are just finally getting to spring! Snow is almost all melted and I got my bike out yesterday!
    • mooreshelly09
      mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
      Options
      @DaffyGirl88 Ashley did not add me back to TBBT, I have commented on the registration page and asked again that she put me back here.....so I'm gonna comment here until they tell me I can't come back :D:D

mooreshelly09
      5/1
      Tracked: Yes
      Under: Yes
      Steps: 7,143
      Water: 101 oz
      Exercise: Yes - 60 min strength training with my trainer

Heres to a great week everyone!
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      @mooreshelly09 you're right, I should have caught that. 😕 Sorry, we'll get it fixed.
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      Sunday May 1
      Track: yes
      Under: yes
      Exercise: yes
    • Krysless2
      Options
      ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
      We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
      - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
      - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
      - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
      #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
      #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
      #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
      #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
      Our weeks always start on Sunday so we started tracking yesterday. Sunday, May1st 😉

Your posts should look like this:
      Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
      Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
      Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
      Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
      Krysless2
      Week 1
      PW =(previous weight)
      CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
    • Krysless2
      edited May 2022
      Options
      y1itoj6c9a0r.jpg
      f2eifme9lpih.png
      Week 4 Winners (posted 6-7 times):
      @DaffyGirl88 (6of 7days)

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mrjqfdnvwzcasbipsmpr3h6krajroevdswhwu7i9&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
      Click here >>Week 4 Results
      >>April FINALE Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3 April Winners:
      1st - @Melissan84 - 2.82%
      2nd - @prehistoricmoongoddess - 1.23%
      3rd - @cmhubbard92 - 0.76%
      giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867893g37ef2bbtxkh66m7ww9ivaf81a13fodfgwv6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

APRIL’s FINAL Team line-up
      1st - The Slimsons
      2nd -
      3rd -
      All the teams didn’t lose as a whole so that’s why all the teams didn’t “place”
      giphy.gif?cid=5e214886492a73hr7ey6rtx1kl6a0rcm0susxb2drjde28kn&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Let’s step it UP for May, shall we?!?

• mooreshelly09
      Options
      @mooreshelly09 you're right, I should have caught that. 😕 Sorry, we'll get it fixed.

Thank you!
    • mooreshelly09
      Options
      mooreshelly09
      5/2
      Tracked: Yes
      Under: Yes
      Steps: 7.025
      Water: 134 oz
      Exercise: Yes - 45 min spin class

• melissan84
      melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
      edited May 2022
      Options
      Hello and welcome to new members. I have been in this challenge since February. I have lost over 20 lbs and I can’t wait to be in Onderland. I’m a travel nurse and also work as needed in my local hospital. If that isn’t enough I’m also a student nurse practitioner and I graduate August. 🙌🏼

So I’m very busy woman so please pardon me if I don’t comment much. I try but it’s very difficult at times. So my goals this month is to exercise when I can. I have exercised in March but April was nuts for me. So much to even think about it. My goal is also to continue to drink one gallon water daily. Surprising I have been doing this for two weeks and I have kept up with it. I have cheerleaders at work when they see my timed gallon water. I get several reminders hourly. 😂
      Congrats to all for last month and wow, can’t believe was the biggest loser in tbbt last month 🤣. And came second overall. This makes me more competitive this month. I want to get to 215-220 by end of june. So I gotta kick butt. Go team!!!
    • Mrscanmore
      Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
      Options
      Monday weigh in
      Pw 169.1
      Cw 166.8

Sunday
      Logged - yes
      Under - yes
      Exercise- 20 min bike, 15 min strength, walk

Monday
      Logged - yes
      Under - no (daughter's birthday party)
      Exercise- 3km run, walk.
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      Monday May 2
      Track: yes
      Under: yes
      Exercise: yes
    • melissan84
      melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
      Options
      Sunday May 1
      ✔️Track: yes
      ✔️Under: yes
      ✔️Exercise: 12 hour work shifts

Monday May 2
      ✔️Track: yes
      ✔️Under: yes
      ✔️Exercise: 12 hour work shifts
    • Krysless2
      edited May 2022
      Options
      Monday(Wk1; Day 2)
      • Tracked / Under / Exercise?
        Yes / Yes / Yes
      • NetCalories: 1291
      • NetCarbs: 20
      As of Day 2:
      • Net Calories (2917 / 10500)
        🟥🟩🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲
        = Daily Avg: 1458 (Goal: 1500)
      • Net Carbs (105 / 700)
        🟩🟩🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲
        = Daily Avg: 53 (Goal: 100)
      • MUAC: 1 / 7 Days
        🟥🟩🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

• DaffyGirl88
      Options
      Mrscanmore wrote: »
      Monday weigh in
      Pw 169.1
      Cw 166.8

Sunday
      Logged - yes
      Under - yes
      Exercise- 20 min bike, 15 min strength, walk

Monday
      Logged - yes
      Under - no (daughter's birthday party)
      Exercise- 3km run, walk.

@Mrscanmore Way to start us off for May!!