TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @BlissfulK
    I would personally recommend that you weigh yourself at the same time under the same conditions(same time, scale, place, etc.) each week.

For example, if you tend to weigh yourself first thing on a Saturday morning after using the bathroom, then do that each week. If you weigh yourself after going to the gym/working out, do that each week. Some people even weigh themselves at the end of the day every week. You'll see more severe losses/gains if you weigh yourself before a workout one week, then after one the next week. It will bump up again when you weigh yourself before a workout the next week. Whichever time you choose to weigh yourself, keep that time consistent each week, it will give you a better view of how well you are progressing, because added food/water/etc. can really impact how that scale looks at several different points in the day.

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself before and after a workout because the only thing you will see is how much water your body lost during your workout. I find weighing once a day is the max I will do, as I know any food/drink I have after I weigh is only going to increase the number I see on the scale and not positively help my mindset.
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @BlissfulK
    I would personally recommend that you weigh yourself at the same time under the same conditions(same time, scale, place, etc.) each week.

For example, if you tend to weigh yourself first thing on a Saturday morning after using the bathroom, then do that each week. If you weigh yourself after going to the gym/working out, do that each week. Some people even weigh themselves at the end of the day every week. You'll see more severe losses/gains if you weigh yourself before a workout one week, then after one the next week. It will bump up again when you weigh yourself before a workout the next week. Whichever time you choose to weigh yourself, keep that time consistent each week, it will give you a better view of how well you are progressing, because added food/water/etc. can really impact how that scale looks at several different points in the day.

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself before and after a workout because the only thing you will see is how much water your body lost during your workout. I find weighing once a day is the max I will do, as I know any food/drink I have after I weigh is only going to increase the number I see on the scale and not positively help my mindset.

@cmhubbard92

This is the first time I did it out of curiosity. Since there was a noticeable difference. I was wondering if it would be better to do weigh ins after workouts for true weight? I’ll decide how I’ll weigh in and keep it consistent. Thank you for your feedback ☺️
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @BlissfulK I would just pick any time you know can and will be a time that you can consistently weigh in. You'll never have a "true" weight because so many things factor into it (food, water, processing waste, hormones, water retention, etc.) Whatever weight you choose to go with, just keep that time regular and it will give you the best view of your progress :)

For me first thing in the morning is best, and I *try* to log daily because I like to see trends like what my weight does during ovulation vs menstruation, how certain workouts affect my weight the next day(like a heavy strength workout or a really long hike) and when I'm 100% tracking food, see how certain foods affect me. I use libra(on android, there's happy scale on iphone) to track my weight loss and trends. I'm kinda a nerd 🤓
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    @BlissfulK I would just pick any time you know can and will be a time that you can consistently weigh in. You'll never have a "true" weight because so many things factor into it (food, water, processing waste, hormones, water retention, etc.) Whatever weight you choose to go with, just keep that time regular and it will give you the best view of your progress :)

For me first thing in the morning is best, and I *try* to log daily because I like to see trends like what my weight does during ovulation vs menstruation, how certain workouts affect my weight the next day(like a heavy strength workout or a really long hike) and when I'm 100% tracking food, see how certain foods affect me. I use libra(on android, there's happy scale on iphone) to track my weight loss and trends. I'm kinda a nerd 🤓

@cmhubbard92

I’m a nerd too! Cheers to nerds🤓

I understand what you’re saying, I guess I meant the closest to “dry” weight without excess water retention. Either way consistency is the key as you pointed out. I definitely want to try daily tracking when more free time opens up. That’ll be fun to pick up on trends😊
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Fri
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - run

Sat
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walking
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    Weigh In Week 4

Starting Weight 2.22.22: 145

PW: 136.4

CW: 136.0

• BlissfulK
    Options
    📊: Yes
    ⬇️: Yes
    👟: No
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Username: maryphum
    Weigh in day: Wednesday Week 4
    PW: 164.6
    CW: 166.2
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    👟: Yes
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Sunday 5/29
    Tracked: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes, 35min walk with Dill🥒

I am going to try getting back into the MUAC. I ended up getting an awful cold (chest congestion, coughing, etc) that put me back from getting back to the gym and had me out of work for a few days. Some symptoms are lingering, but I feel well enough to ease back into things. I have to go to the gym later this morning, as they've got the road closed off for the parade which is in an hour or two. :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Saturday, Sunday and Monday
    Track: no
    Exercise: no

Glad to be back home and out of the car. DC holiday traffic was ugly. 😕 Will be very good to get back into my normal routine and eat some normal food. Desperately in need of vegetables.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Monday 5/30
    Tracked: no
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes arc trainer

I probably was under calories for the day despite making pretty good food choices today. I also managed to get back in the gym even though it was later than I planned. The road was closed longer than I expected, as there was a road race after the parade and ceremony ended.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Sunday
    Logged - yes
    Under - no, not even close. In the car all day and gave in to the munchies
    Exercise- no

Monday
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise- yes, 11 km speed repeats

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow instead of today.
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    Forgot to put the date*

Monday, May 30

Happy Memorial Day☺️
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    5/31
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - 3 mile walk

Glad to be back, had so much fun at the beach 🏖 I did not go crazy, but I did indulge. Not going any where near a scale until weigh in day 😂
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Tuesday 5/31
    Exercise: yes, 40 minutes arc trainer

Not the best food choices today, but definitely came in under my goal. I consider today a success. :)
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    Tuesday, May 31

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    5/31

Glad to be back, had so much fun at the beach 🏖 I did not go crazy, but I did indulge. Not going any where near a scale until weigh in day 😂

@mooreshelly09 I hear that! After brunch two days in a row and chicken wings for dinner I knew it was going to be ugly. I did step on yesterday just to see how bad. 🥺🥺 Hoping it's mostly carb/water weight that will fall off by Friday. 🤞 Glad you had a good time.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Tues
    Logged - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise- biking
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options

mooreshelly09
    5/31

@mooreshelly09 I hear that! After brunch two days in a row and chicken wings for dinner I knew it was going to be ugly. I did step on yesterday just to see how bad. 🥺🥺 Hoping it's mostly carb/water weight that will fall off by Friday. 🤞 Glad you had a good time.

@DaffyGirl88 Definitely, but oh so worth it 🤣 Fingers crossed for a Friday loss for the both of us!