WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Hey @jugar, I will be taking a break from weighing this month. Will get back to it from July. Thanks :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I was MIA on Friday - the trip to Lloydminster was a whirlwind! I was passenger to a coworker on the drive up, so I didn't want to be on my phone, and same coming home. And then when we were there, there was zero down time!

Had a blast, drank too much on Thursday, had a snack or two I didn't need, but overall it was a great time.

Last night on the way home rather than go back to Airdrie my coworker dropped me in Red Deer where Brad met me, we had supper and a walk in the park, and then he whisked me away to the trailer. He had a campfire all set up ready to go (not his favorite thing to do but he knows I like it), some wine... it was a nice night.

One week till we leave for Vegas so I'm focused on having a good week since I'll be out of my routine again then for over a week.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Awesome weigh in and great overall work. Enjoy the feeling! You are doing so well.

@YinxFed Glad the workshop went well.. those nerves can be rattling. The feeling of relief when it's over and it went well can't be beat. I agree with @Kali225 ... I felt second hand nerves as I read that. The feeling is the worst!

@kellie_erin I think @jugar will likely mention the support team instead if you don't want to weigh in but you're willing to stick around with us. We love having you here and hope you'll consider staying. Guilt on the scale is not a motivating feeling at all.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 218.4

I was down more yesterday 🙄 Do you all weigh in daily or weekly? I have been doing daily, so I can see trends throughout the week, but sometimes these fluctuations mess with my head. Although when I used to weigh weekly, I would tend to eat some sweets and more food after my weigh in because I had a whole week before the next one. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • ashleycarole86
    edited June 2022
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 218.4

I was down more yesterday 🙄 Do you all weigh in daily or weekly? I have been doing daily, so I can see trends throughout the week, but sometimes these fluctuations mess with my head. Although when I used to weigh weekly, I would tend to eat some sweets and more food after my weigh in because I had a whole week before the next one. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Great weigh-in this week - sorry it felt disappointing but keep up great work!

I weigh daily. I like having the data, but you do have to disconnect from feeling emotion around the daily results. I track my average weight along with it so I know I'm headed in the right direction even with the daily fluctuations.

Sometimes a big fluctuation UP happens on my one weekly weigh-in day, so if I hadn't been tracking during the week to see the days I was down, I might feel more frustrated. So, that's what ultimately convinced me to start weighing daily.

Ultimately, either method works in my opinion - just depends on what helps you more mentally along your journey.

Have a great week ahead!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    CW: 194.7

I'm thinking I might need to drop out for a while. I don't need the extra guilt this is causing me over gaining weight beyond the self-loathing I already carry

Kellie, please consider not dropping out. Give your self-loathing the boot. Forgive yourself and let go of the guilt. We are all here to support you!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I traveled Friday from Boston to NY which is typically around a 4 hour drive. If I time it right, it can be a little under. Unfortunately, about halfway through Connecticut I hit traffic that didn't end.... ever. It took about 5.5 hours total and was totally exhausting/disastrous. My foot wasn't super happy either since my driving foot is the semi-injured one. By the time I finally got out of the car, my knees were feeling it too!

Suffice to say, the rest of my eating was "meh" for the day, including going out to dinner to get the birthday festivities for my mom started. I just wasn't up to logging the details and today is the actual party, so unlikely to track tonight either. @jugar going to be some blanks on the tracker for me as well! Weekends are tough. I am going to try to do yoga or a workout now before I shower and get party ready but we've got more decorating and food prep to do too! Sheesh.

Hoping the drive back Sunday is more pleasant so I can start the week on a stronger foot.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @kellie_erin I have taken several breaks from the team over my time here. I highly recommend going on support and changing your goal focus but continue to read posts and post yourself. Sounds like you really need to focus on stress relief and I'm guessing energy with everything going on. Exercise and nutrition can definitely be a part of that but maybe calorie tracking isn't. You can still feel like you are supporting your health and well-being during this stressful time. Just get rid of the scale pressure and focus on feeding good enough to deal with everything.

@lauren_989 I generally weight most days of the week and it does go up and down. Sometimes I use the previous days weight if I had take out the night before my weigh in and I know it's just water weight. This doesn't happen too often but sometimes life happens. I have my weigh in day on Friday since that is the day of the week I tend to weigh the least. If you have a regular work week there is research to suggest that most people weigh the least on this day. I find the work week gives me structure and I can be more flexible with my weekends.

@eggfreak So glad you're here. I know life has been crazy for you these last few months. Just know that we care about you here! I hope you find some time for self care and your own goals. Sending hugs.

@Kali225 The drive sounds miserable but I hope you have fun with your mom!

@ashleycarole86 I definitely thought of you yesterday when I didn't see your usual post! I figured you had a busy day. Glad you had a great time.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225 Hope your Mom has a great birthday! Sounds like the celebrations are going to be a lot of fun!

@conleywoods Definitely was thinking of the team! It does me no good to not be here - if I'm not it likely means I'm getting into trouble ;) Anyway, I still logged my food - but knew I needed a proper sit down to catch up here.

Exercise catch-up:
    6/8 - 17,305 steps, 17 minutes Peloton
    6/9 - 11,735 steps
    6/10 - 14,602 steps
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    CW: 194.7

I'm thinking I might need to drop out for a while. I don't need the extra guilt this is causing me over gaining weight beyond the self-loathing I already carry

Hugs, Kellie. As several people have mentioned, we love having you with us in any way that works for you. Even if you are not weighing in every week (that will take away some of the bad feelings, I hope!), just coming in here and posting from time to time, reading the general news and ideas can hopefully keep you from going too far away from healthy habits. I'll put you in the support team for now and you can let me know if that works for you. No weigh-ins, just hanging here with the team when you want. Then you just ask when you're ready to jump back into the weighing in part. OK?
  • jugar
    Options
    @lauren_989 good question about the weighing daily vs weekly - this one comes back from time to time and the different ways that either one can "mess with our heads" is fascinating, if not fun :grimace:

One option that anyone on the team can use is to post your average for the week on your official weigh-in day. This means, of course, weighing yourself every day, but it takes away the bad feeling if your weight is a bit up on the day you have to report it. You do not need to tell me if that is what you are doing - some weeks it is a great option, others not so much. But if the daily weighing itself is really causing issues, the weekly works better for many people.

Personally, I weigh daily, except on days when I know it won't be a good number - one skipped day allowed - and that helps me stick with a better plan so that the next day is better. Sometimes I skip more than one day if I'm on vacation or just needing a break for a bit. So go ahead and be somewhat flexible, just don't let the momentum slip through your fingers for too long or it is hard to get it back.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW- 89,10kg
    CW- 89,50Kg

steps 5-11
    Sunday - 2,900
    Monday - 2,137
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 8,055
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 0
    Saturday - 7,512
  • jugar
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge is up and ready for Sunday! Join in if you need some more accountability to stick to the little numbers that add up to the future you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10866779/june-week-3-group-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    Options
    @graceojo999 Good to see you! Let us know if you want to stay with the support team for the rest of this month so that you can ease back in, or if you want to be on the weekly weigh-ins with the team. Thanks!

And now it is time for this weeks LAST CALL! Get these weigh-ins done or you miss out for the week:

@MoonlitMuse
    @JessiBelleW
    @EvMakesChanges
    @ells_bellz
    @bonnie_red
    @once_mas
    @mmarceau2

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW: 180.6
    Sorry about being late. I’m off a day. Well, probably more than a day but here I am. Out church choir is singing Louis Vierne “Messe Solemn” as our final program before the summer break. There are many lovely contrasting parts in the amazing organ and voice sections.
    The rehearsal today was really good and I had a lot more energy than expected after having my 2nd booster yesterday afternoon.
    Have a good night y’all!
This discussion has been closed.