Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Okay - if I can't eat it - maybe I can fling it????? Or maybe someone can fling it at me and I would at least get to have what kinda of ended up in my mouth area???? :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Late night tonight because of the 2nd annual (as in second time this year kind of annual) post-skunk at the bay clean-up party.
    I'm blessed with a friend who is a night owl and takes me and my furry one to the lake for late evening walks and to the dog park where we line up with other owners and their naughty dogs who can't run free with their canine pals during normal daytime hours and instead must go it alone after hours.

But tonight (again) his dog, Reese, decided to play catch me if you can with a skunk and we had to do
    a shampoo party in the backyard. This new stuff we tried is amazing! Skunk-off. That hound dog smelled almost like a rose garden after a very quick shampoo. WOW!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I have washed German Shepherd Dogs that decided to try to catch the funny black and white kitty. It's good to know that there's something out there that actually works.

Today Boyfriend is supposed to go into the office, and we'll see what I can get done.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,822 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Plus, let's face it, none of us NEED pie other than evil sales deniers!!!😡🤬

If the pie never came home with you, you wouldn’t need to deal with it! Sales, especially food, usually appeal more to WANTS than needs. There’s never a clearance on veggies or fruit.

Having the unneeded sales food in the house raises my stress level because I can’t bring myself to throw out food. How to move it out without sabotaging myself?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    Still feel bad today, but had to drag my butt to work due to lack of sick time atm. Only doing a half day though. Will leave at noon. Had a few meetings I didn't want to reschedule again.

I did get some job applications in and made my cover letter template. All I have to do for cover letters now is change on sentence in the first paragraph to match the job and then update 1-2 paragraphs with skills and background that match the job requirements. So super easy. I also updated my LinkedIn the other day and since then have been getting more views. Even have had a couple recruiters reach out to me. Will do some more applications this afternoon when I get home.
  • lauriekallis
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Great work, Athijade - especially since you are feeling under the weather.
    Hope you get lots done, Alexandra. Fingers crossed for you.
    Yooly. Toss it. It is either going "out" - via the garbage can with you unscathed or via the toilet after your body takes the hit. And. Maybe. Your husband will get that you are serious about not bringing home sales items (once he cools off?)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nope - can’t change hubby after 47 years. 🥰 He loves sales shopping like a competitive sport. And he can eat anything without gaining weight. He’s actually very supportive and happy for me getting healthy.

Love him dearly and find his bargain-hunting hobby amusing for the most part. No deliberate sabotage. Like PAV he’s just all aglow at scoring a deal.

I generally avoid the goodies he brings home because it’s not for ME. I just have to remember that when it’s calling my name late at night. Hubby food, not my food. So far I’ve been fairly successful.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You are such a good partner, Yooly.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    checking dog's eyes.

If they happen to be red or irritated, flush them with fresh cool water.
    You can also use a veterinary eyewash product if available.

Combine:
    quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
    With a ¼ cup of baking soda.
    and a teaspoon of liquid dishwashing soap as catalyst.
    Make sure to stir the ingredients until they are well mixed.

Pull-on your rubber gloves and start lathering your dog with the hydrogen peroxide solution.

Do not leave the solution on her fur for a prolonged period unless you want a bleached dog!

Rinse your pet thoroughly.

Dry!

Works. Perfectly. Anywhere you manage to apply. Which does not include eyes or mouth or nose! Ask me how I know!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Back into deficit today after 5 days of camping-induced gluttony and out-of-control eating.

Mon - 3,125 calories
    Tue - 2,980 calories
    Wed - 2,675 calories
    Thu - 2,285 calories
    Fri - 2,650 calories

Negligible exercise. Just ambling along with the dog because it was hot for England (28 degrees C) and muttski was suffering...

A dearth of bunnies. Just two apples across 5 whole days of camping. Unless orange drizzle cake counts as a bunny...and cider....if cider counts I had at least a couple of bunnies a day.

Five days of indulgence and it feels like I've gained 4 dress sizes and at least 20 kgs...

Why do I do it?!?!?!? Any break in my routine and the hamsters mount a full-on uprising...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome back from your camping excursion! It’s been a bit lonely around here. Many of our regulars are busy doing LIFE. But they’re missed. 😢
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Welcome back, Bella. Those freakin' hamsters.

PAV - that was my go to recipe for the stink masters too. We used it a few weeks ago. And then my friend - brand new to dog ownership - told me about how his vet sold him this special shampoo - and I didn't expect it to work - but WOW. Absolutely no (maybe .00005%) stink left after one shampoo. Actually smelled a bit pleasant! Not perfumey but much nicer than his regular eau d'hound.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I’m actually only 3lbs up...but it feels like 30lbs!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Had a good conversation with Boyfriend and it looks like we're looking at becoming dog parents in September. We have to get the house in order for a dog, including making sure the cats have access to food and water and litterboxes and the dog doesn't have access to their food, their water, or their litterboxes. Planning to get a pittie or a pittie mix from a local rescue or shelter.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    I have lost count of the number of applications I have put in. Most I 100% qualify for but I did do some "reach" jobs as well. I mean, what's the worse that can happen? They tell me I am not qualified? I already knew that... but I wanted to try.

Now to figure out where I might want to live. Though I can't get serious about apartments until I have a new job.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think our bodies are so tickled with reduced weight that they respond very dramatically to any weight gain. Glad it was only 3 pounds for you....hope they leave again without too much of a fight.

Pups are great fun, Alexandra. A whole different dynamic from felines! Will have you all on your toes and joyfully occupied.

Fingers crossed, Athijade.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yesterday was younger son's birthday celebration. Beautiful day, lots of sun (and a big sun umbrella over the table thank goodness) and lots of food. Mostly very healthy - younger son loves healthy food - though too much. And...the highpoint...thanks to Dante's shared trick of putting vinegar into the cooking water, a potato salad that almost perfectly match that of my late mother in law.
    Most years I'm down to making that only once a year - for my son's birthday because it is his guilty food love - but until yesterday I had not managed to achieve the texture of hers. I never had the opportunity to ask her because she passed very young, many (30 some odd!) years ago, way before I was thinking of capturing peoples exact recipes. Was a very nice moment, my ex-husband was here too, and we all had a moment of reminiscing about his mom. My guess that is as close as we get to immortality.

Just had a small bowl of that for breakfast - the potato salad, not immortality - nothing like a good vinegary blast to start the day. Lots of eggs in there - so some protein too! :) And now its gone.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Now, you knowi will ask. Though no chance of making over the next few days
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Me too! Could you please post on the recipe page?

Today started with an early morning gym visit. Doing some housework.

Put together an enchilada casserole for tomorrow. It will percolate in the fridge overnight soaking up salsas and flavors. Then bake tomorrow. Using the oven because we may get some rain 🤞and temps in the low 90s.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Will post - my quanitities are silly though - but you can adjust down.