Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    HI ALL!! POPPING IN LATE!! Today was an interesting day, and blah blah blah,,,, LOL!!

I am pretty sure I broke the foot in a different area, but same foot. I'll see the foot Dr in the afternoon. They could not get me in today, and my day was booked any ways. A phone appointment in the AM I did NOT to cancel, in the afternoon appointment in the afternoon that turned out was not the provider I was supposed to see (I'd of not gone in!), and awww my friend who cleans (2 hours once a week) for me. With the foot it's painful and I feel blahhhh so off I go for some fresh ice on it, some tylenol and hopefully I'll sleep well! I could not last night.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you all had a good day. Today is my last day of work for the week. I have to get up tomorrow and go preregisters for my next 5k which is on Saturday. I am super excited. I say I don't want to do it but I do. I really want to do it. I am excited. I am just not sure of logistics yet which I will find out tomorrow. I am really excited. I wanted my daughter to be there to cheer me on but she has to work I am sure. She probably forgot all about it to be honest. We have not been talking much.

@cormierannie - Good to see you go places to stay cool. That is the important part. I remember doing that before I had air conditioning. Glad you are staying well hydrated also.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is good thinking. On day is not going to make much of a difference.
    @therealbluenote - That sounds great. I am sure you will enjoy it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Oh no! I hope that is not the case. I hope it is just sore.

Well it is time for me to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a slightly warm and mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she works at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i also donated some extra food to the local food bank drop bin that is set up at the grocery store close to my place. i like to do that whenever i can. we are all staying well hydrated and cool here. i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Hot and Humid again. Today has been a busy day. All planned workouts 💪 done. Didn't get to walk home from the grocery store as I bought to much to carry but got some great deals. Dentist appointment went well. The dentist informed me that my one tooth he fixed still needs a crown and it's not covered. Which I know or he would have already done it. Anyway I told him there's no way I can afford that. His response was "Let me know when you want it done". Hello didn't I just tell you it'll never be in my budget 🙄.

As I haven't posted about my neighbor since Monday I decided it's time for an update. On Monday evening after my update was posted he contacted me to let me know he had just tested positive for COVID but didn't believe it would affect his release. Well he didn't get released. Yesterday he told me he wanted to be taken to the Feild and be shot. This afternoon he called and informed me he still has COVID but that he is being released and will be home in a hour or so. He didn't sound like himself at all and I thought I was talking to his friend.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,503 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It's forecast to be 100 degrees this weekend in the DC/MD area. Stay cool out there!!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning. It is supposed to be hot today. I may be able to get some walking done later today in the mall.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning everyone. it is a hot and humid day here today. it is now 28 degrees and feels like 35 degrees. it is going up to 32 degrees and will feel closer to 38 degrees with the humidity. everyone here is keeping cool and very well hydrated. i got up early this morning and completed my strength training workout i went for a short walk indoors in the basement area of my building, where it is cooler than the rest of the building. i will be doing some dancing later on, when it is not as hot here. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,392 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Friday, wishing everyone a great weigh in tomorrow. We are having rain and thunder, poor Kayla is laying behind me on my chair. I am surprised that my internet came back on.
    Not too much knew, am asking for prayers for my great grandson who is having a hernia and orchidopexy surgery Monday. He is 7, prayers for his family, a successful surgery and quick recovery.
    Many blessing and remember keep on Moving
    x8jwiw9myp2f.jpg

• therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! I am soooo close to the 3’s!!! Ahhhh! Weighed in at 400.6 today!!! 🫣🫣🫣
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It's forecast to be 100 degrees this weekend in the DC/MD area. Stay cool out there!!
    Same here in St. Louis! Terribly hot! 🔥
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Prayers to all who need it 🙏.

Today has been a pretty boring day. All planned workouts done. Some cleaning and visited with friends. My son is coming tonight and spending the weekend as he doesn't have to work tomorrow. Talked with my neighbor and he is doing as well as can be expected. A couple of his family members are coming to see him tomorrow before they head back east.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,,WOOHOO WE ARE A CHEERING YOU On Saturday (You may be seeing this on Saturday!) WTG!! LOVE that you are excited about doing the 5K!
    @Patti241,, were you able to walk at the mall? GREAT IDEA when the heat is so awful. We've been hovering around 90 for days. YIKES!!! BRING ON SNOW!
    @Cormierannie ,,, Good idea to walk in the basement where it's cooler!! WOOHO On ST and dancing. Please do continue to hydrate as you are,, it's great for you AND of course, hehehehe your team benefits.
    @Kurtize ,,, sure hope your GS is okay. Its scary to have a little one not feeling well. Shoot it's scary to have anyone we love not feeling well. But, with kids,, it's just that much harder. Love the pic, when we are clear in mind, we are clear in goal.
    @Therealbluenote,, WOOHOO Hey CONGRATS!! BYE BYE will be the 400's to the 300's!! WTG!!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, OH I CHERISH the boring days!! LOL I really do!! Enjoy your S being with you. Glad your neighbor is home,,, did he go AMA? I know he was missing the pups so much, and when one is not wanting to be in patient it can easily reach that point. Especially if they are older, or are in more than they want or if they have a wee bit of "I'm going to do it anyways" to them.

HAPPY to say I DID NOT break my foot!! I popped something the foot Dr thinks. It still hurts, but I am using it within reason. He did say to rest it up. I am doing that anyways. Tomorrow might do something. Its so hot, LOL I am not sure I WANT to go outside of my place, but yet, I do want to. OH THE CONFLICTS!!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I was able to do a little bit of walking.

I am getting ready to head to the farmers market before it gets too hot.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    happy saturday everyone! it is another hot and humid day here today. now it is 25 and feels like 31 degrees. later on it is going to be 32 degrees with the humidex making it feel like 40 degrees or more. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here. my daughter works at her part time job today. it is air conditioned where she works, so she will be cool and stay well hydrated throughout the day. i went for a walk in the basement area of my building this morning and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on when it is cooler here. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241,,, Patti don't forget to count that as walking if you don't normally. I sure would. Plus its so hot your body will be working harder, differently.
    @Cormeirannie,, GREAT JOB Annie!! Glad the fam is doing well and ahhh yes, we are the heat of the summer!

A friend and I went to the beach today and sat. Well we stayed up on the point not the sand. I can't do sand yet. It was so pretty!!
    to2jw5bbk9ob.jpg

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Not sure what AMA stands for so couldn't answer that question. Sorry.

Today has been a great day. All planned workouts done. My morning walk didn't happen due to early morning rain. But did get all other planned walks done. Visited the farmers market got my favorite dressing. But anything else I was looking to get they didn't have or way more than I am willing to pay. Also visited with a couple friends and played some Wii with my Son.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,, OOPS SORRY!! AMA is Against Medical Advice (which many never admit to). It happens quite a bit sadly, but there's also the point and I was at it on the last time in (July 1st to the 5th) of "JUST GET THE PAPERWORK DONE NOW SO I CAN LEAVEEEEE!" When one feels better and it's just the paperwork stalling things up. On that one it's medically sound, all is good. LOL they hustled when I said "My GD will be at 11:30. I'll be ready right?" They liked me a lot though that helped.

GREAT JOB on the walks, There are a few times I do not mind walking in the rain if it's not a hard hard rain, if it's warm, and this is extremely important ,,, I DO NOT have a LIGHT colored shirt!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🥼🥼

I love the things at the Farmers Market too, but I AGREE when the prices are to high, I'll skip it. I know they need the money, all of our bills are higher, at that point I just dig in my heals.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I do count that as part of my walking.

Getting ready to go to an arts and crafts show. More walking in a cool place
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well. I am a bit sore from my 5k yesterday. My hips are stiff and my calves are sore. I will be alright though. That happens every time I do a 5K. This is my 2nd 5K this month. I don't see any for August but typically August is the hottest month for us. So that stands to reason as to why there are no 5K's in the area. After that I am looking for more.

@cormierannie - So glad you are getting up and dance lot. That is a good thing.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Dentists just don't get that we cannot afford their procedures. My son needs a root canal but they was close to $500 up front before even beginning the procedure.
    @Kurtize - Hope the surgery goes well. Sending prayers
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am so glad you did not break anything. I figured you didn't. That is good though.

I thought I would show you a picture of me after the color run. I hope you all like it.

qrzbnp9vdanv.jpg