TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• Arietty32
    Arietty32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. I am posting my sunday details today, as I would be posting every morning.
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes, walk 45 minutes
    Current weight: 174.8 lbs
    Comments: Happy to join TBBT. Been 3 years on MFP, my first time taking up a group challenge. I am always stuck in weight cycling, hoping this time I will lose it for good and reach my end goal weight: 110 lbs. Would love to lose at least 7 pounds by the end of this challenge and hit 160s.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,540 Member
    Options
    Arietty32 wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome. I am posting my sunday details today, as I would be posting every morning.
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes, walk 45 minutes
    Current weight: 174.8 lbs
    Comments: Happy to join TBBT. Been 3 years on MFP, my first time taking up a group challenge. I am always stuck in weight cycling, hoping this time I will lose it for good and reach my end goal weight: 110 lbs. Would love to lose at least 7 pounds by the end of this challenge and hit 160s.

@Arietty32 That's perfect! I believe that most of us post in the morning for the previous day. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    8/1
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - spin class with modifications. Had my 2 week post op appt today…..and running is out of my future as well as any high intensity exercise. So I guess I’ll start working to see how fast I can walk a 5k 😂
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SarKrisD
    Week 1
    PW: 227.3
    CW: 227.1

Hi! I'm Sarah. I'm coming back to MFP after about a year hiatus. I really need to get back into the habit of tracking what I eat, so I'm hoping this will help. I am a mom of 3, ages 3, 16, and 22. I am a teacher, so I'm getting ready to go back in next week.

My ultimate goal is to lose 25-30lbs. Pre-pandemic I was holding steady at 195lbs. I want to get back down to that. My current goal is to exercise for 30 minutes 3x a week and log daily. I would love to be under 220 at the end of the month.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I’ve been secretly stalking this group for a month. Any chance I can switch teams? You guys look like you’re fun and supportive! Honestly I can’t remember the name of my team. No one types a word except their stats. Hold on and I’ll figure it out! 😆
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I found it! I’m currently on The Belly Flats.
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome new team mates!!

I'm Amelia, mum of a 4 yesr old chocolate Labrador and a 7 month old baby girl. Currently struggling to lose the baby weight (I was promised that with breastfeeding the weight would fall off.. not the case for me!).

My baby is sleeping terribly at the moment (she has never been a great sleeper anyway, but these weeks it's a whole new level..) so my body is crying out for coffee, carbs and sugar. I'm recommitting to tracking diligently this week to try to have some sort of control in my life!!

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    I’ve been secretly stalking this group for a month. Any chance I can switch teams? You guys look like you’re fun and supportive! Honestly I can’t remember the name of my team. No one types a word except their stats. Hold on and I’ll figure it out! 😆

@therealbluenote I have no problem with it, but it's up to the moderator @AB0215 . If you can't change horses mid stream (so to speak 😂) you are more than welcome to hang with us until you can. We'd love to have you! Especially if you're going to be lurking in the shadows anyway. 😂😂 Come on out into the sunshine 🌞 girlfriend!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    8/1
    Exercise: yes - spin class with modifications. Had my 2 week post op appt today…..and running is out of my future as well as any high intensity exercise. So I guess I’ll start working to see how fast I can walk a 5k 😂

@mooreshelly09 not the news you were hoping for I know. 😔 But the wonderful world of spinning and biking welcomes you. 🥰🚴‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 1 August
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes 🚴‍♀️🧘‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 What are you, a literal glutton for punishment?!?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Arietty32
    Arietty32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Monday 1 August
    Track: yes
    Under: yes + 20 hour fast
    Exercise: yes walking
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Tuesday (8/2)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧144 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪552 kcal’s ⛑ +17 (229), 👟 7,548

Goals/Day/Comments: “We won’t be distracted with comparison if we are captivated with purpose” - Bob Goff

* Working on catching up now
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    bul03mu6il65.jpeg

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!
    Did a little photo shoot for my bday!(see pic)

You all are my only social media as I haven’t been on Facebook in about a year now. I only really keep it active in case a family member sends out an invitation to a real event.

I would venture to say, right
    after my family, you all are “my people” so your birthday wishes mean so much to me!

❤️❤️❤️Hugggggggs❤️❤️❤️
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    • JbeanR0212
      edited August 2022
      Options
      Great stuff! Since there are so many newer faces I’ll introduce myself too.

I’m Jenn. I’m a single Mom of 3 incredible kids (23, 12, 7). I have sole custody and sole financial responsibility of the younger ones (because one is grown now), yeah icky story. Luckily my oldest only needs an occasional loan but she moved out of state a few years ago and I miss her dearly. I’m self employed so while I put a lot of hours in my schedule is flexible which helps with the kids. I used to be a fitness buff but have been working on shedding the biggest gain ever after letting years of anxiety, stress and depression take hold. Even though I was vaccinated and boosted I contracted CoVID in November and it not only put me in the hospital but had me bedridden for several months. My lungs are still recovering but I’m grateful to the virus because I believe it was the wake up call I needed. I started this journey in March but struggled on my own. This group and the ladies in it have been a total game changer and I feel blessed to have crossed each and every one of their paths.

This picture is a year old but these are my babies.
      iz1lnk8vdjbj.jpeg
    • JbeanR0212
      edited August 2022
      Options
      @Arietty32 - Great goals! I hope you achieve the success you desire here. This group has been a game changer for me! I too post in the am reflecting on the previous day.

@mooreshelly09 I’m so sorry you didn’t get the news you were hoping for. I’m surprised @DaffyGirl88 didn’t try to talk you into kayaking! Not sure if you are close to water but with my bad ankle I love it. My son likes to try and race all the time and I have found it can be like running with your arms 😉. We gotta keep finding exercises that are safe for you and feed the soul.

@sarkrisd so happy to see someone else with a wide spread of kids! Loving your goals and your chosen profession. I used to do social work for our district and loved it but it just didn’t bring home enough bacon. I spend every moment volunteering that I can though. Anytime I can help provide equitable solutions my heart dances whether it’s helping with reading or low income family resources.

@therealbluenote this makes me happy & sad at the same time. I feel like you and your team are the biggest losers more often than not. If you need support we’ve got you (opponent or not).

@ajdvegan girl you kick butt! Give yourself some grace. And I smiled finally knowing your real name. Fun fact, my goofy Saint Bernard is Amelia too! We named her that because the kids said her markings look like an old pilots helmet and goggles (think Earhart). I’ve always adored that name, rare and classy.

@daffygirl88 😂 Yes I can be. I’m assuming you are referring to the GoT challenge. I inquired because I was trying to plan how to allocate my time.
    • mooreshelly09
      mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
      Options
      8/1

@mooreshelly09 not the news you were hoping for I know. 😔 But the wonderful world of spinning and biking welcomes you. 🥰🚴‍♀️

Thank you 😘Looking into purchasing a used bike to take to the trails and see if I like that as much as spin 😁
    • JbeanR0212
      Options
      Krysless2 wrote: »

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!
      Did a little photo shoot for my bday!(see pic)

You all are my only social media as I haven’t been on Facebook in about a year now. I only really keep it active in case a family member sends out an invitation to a real event.

I would venture to say, right
      after my family, you all are “my people” so your birthday wishes mean so much to me!

❤️❤️❤️Hugggggggs❤️❤️❤️

@Krysless2 I agree! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing the clan.

• DaffyGirl88
      Options
      @Krysless2 and @JbeanR0212 You BOTH have beautiful families!! <3 Now I'll have to go and dig...with my son in Seattle and daughter in VA there aren't many times where we are together anymore. :'(