TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Hey, team! Third place! Woohoo! I think that’s AMAZING! Congrats to us!
    🥂 Here’s to us! Who’s like us? Damn few! 🥂

Third place out of three, you can't beat it!!! 🤣🤣🤣

🤣😂🤣 I agree @therealbluenote! There is not another team like us!!!!
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    8/16
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: yes - 1.5 mile walk
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,497 Member
    Options
    Saw this in another thread and thought I'd share -

You can't get upset with people sucking the life out of you if you keep giving them the straw.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Tue 16th and Wed 17th Aug
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Was under
    Exercise: Yes - Running and Walking

Goals/Day/Comments: Thanks guys!!! I am feeling much better, by Tuesday I experienced no further pain, went back to the hospital for follow-up and talked with some of the consultants initially thought it may be my appendix but the scan showed it was finem, they think the pain might just have been me passing a stone. Told me I should ensure I'm drinking loads as dehydration contributes to stone formation. I'm not really consistent with my water intake some days I drink loads and other days not so much. I need to ensure I drink enough each day. Also some abnormal labs not related to the pain or diet needs further investigation so it was a good thing the pain brought me to the hospital.

I do love keto/low carb, feel less bloated on it and less likely to overeat but find it hard to sustain long term hence carbs are increasing. Last time I did a keto diet about 5 years ago I felt so great and had so much energy but this time my body doesn't seem to be feeling it as much. I'm taking a break this week to review and refocus
  • Naija82
    Options

You can't get upset with people sucking the life out of you if you keep giving them the straw.

Love it!
  • Naija82
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Naija82 wrote: »
    …Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones.
    Oh my goodness! I’m so glad your pain has subsided and you are finally out of there!

I read that kidney stones can be a side effect of keto. Although studies have shown that people taking a potassium supplement are not as susceptible to getting them(if that helps you any).

I really do love the keto lifestyle, it really helped me see the light on how I eat and can give it credit for my 60lbs loss… and when I’m in that “ketosis” mode, I feel like a million bucks!

So many people out there want to lecture… but no matter what the naysayers say, I listen to my body first and it speaks in much louder volume, if you’re listening

The caveat to that would be, there are too many ways to tilt the keto diet in an unhealthy direction so we have to keep an eye out and try to be open to advise. I may roll my eyes at the “ok Karen” noise sometimes, but when I hear something new, I do try to weed out the muck and do a little digging in the medical journals and the studies, try to find out how legit the advice is, then ultimately tweak the diet so as not to run into any issues..

..now sounds like as good a time as any to do some more research and find ways to improve things.

Here’s to no mo’ stones and no mo’ hospitals!
    Take care of yourself!❤️❤️

Wow well done on the 60lb weight loss. That is amazing!

Yeah I always like to do my own research and my own experiments to see what works for me so do take things I hear with a pinch of salt. The main issue for me is the water intake especially doing low carb
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    8/17
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no - resting the knee today as I’m taking a spin class tomorrow morning and then have my first training session back with my trainer since my surgery after work 💪
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    PW 288.8
    CW 288.9
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Hey, team! Third place! Woohoo! I think that’s AMAZING! Congrats to us!
    🥂 Here’s to us! Who’s like us? Damn few! 🥂

Third place out of three, you can't beat it!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha really? Only three groups? Well then, damn, we REALLY rock! If it weren’t for us, there’d be no last place! Imagine how the other two groups would feel! 😆😆😆
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 17 August
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post:
    Typically posted for morning following for previous day

Wednesday (8/17)
    Calories: Yes - Over / 💧176 oz.
    Exercise: Tai Chi, Walking & light rowing

Thursday (8/18)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧123 oz.
    Exercise: Walking

Goals/Day/Comments: This new schedule with kids schools is kicking my rear ya’ll. I’ve lost 4 hours each hauling them around the last two days! Not sustainable (not what I planned for) but we’re working on some solutions. Posting my weigh in a day early because who knows what tomorrow has in store.
    ————————————————————
    Weekly Weigh-In Post: (Thursday)
    JbeanR0212
    Week 3
    PW = 159.7
    CW = 156.2
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm traveling again this week, please can I roll my weight over to next week?

I wanted to include a picture of my baby sleeping in her new backpack carrier while we are hiking, but it won't attach ☹️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 18 August
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I thought you guys might likey!!

g8qlkpalaud1.jpeg

Omgsh hilarious! 😂
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    I thought you guys might likey!!

g8qlkpalaud1.jpeg

Omgsh hilarious! 😂
    Naija82
    Week 3
    PW = 134.9
    CW = 134.9

Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital

Update: Mon 15th Aug
    Track: Mostly
    Calories: Was under, fasted for 19hrs 39mins.
    Exercise: Not officially, 10628 steps by walking around the house

Goals/Day/Comments: Did not have a great day today, woke up with severe abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness, I had never experienced pain that bad in my life. Went to A&E where I spent over 7 hours doing tests, a CT scan waiting and waiting. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones and an inflamed colon so need to get further tests done. As the pain had started to subside and I didn't want to remain overnight they discharged me. Was exhausted by the time I got home.

So far the pain hasn't come back yet

Sorry you went through this and hoping you’re feeling better. Try to stay away from fiber foods and veggies to help your colon heal. If you private message me your email address we can chat more about best options for recovery. Hope you feel at your best soon ❤️‍🩹

• BlissfulK
    Options
    Update: Tue 16th and Wed 17th Aug
    Calories: Was under
    Exercise: Yes - Running and Walking

Goals/Day/Comments: Thanks guys!!! I am feeling much better, by Tuesday I experienced no further pain, went back to the hospital for follow-up and talked with some of the consultants initially thought it may be my appendix but the scan showed it was finem, they think the pain might just have been me passing a stone. Told me I should ensure I'm drinking loads as dehydration contributes to stone formation. I'm not really consistent with my water intake some days I drink loads and other days not so much. I need to ensure I drink enough each day. Also some abnormal labs not related to the pain or diet needs further investigation so it was a good thing the pain brought me to the hospital.

I do love keto/low carb, feel less bloated on it and less likely to overeat but find it hard to sustain long term hence carbs are increasing. Last time I did a keto diet about 5 years ago I felt so great and had so much energy but this time my body doesn't seem to be feeling it as much. I'm taking a break this week to review and refocus

So glad you’re feeling better!! I may have some insight on the keto stall if you private message me your email.

• DaffyGirl88
    Options

Need to print this out and paste it on my monitor. 😠🖥️
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    8/18
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes - 30 min spin class and 1 hour training session
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post:

Friday (8/18)
    Calories: Yes - Net Under / 💧112 oz.
    Exercise: Walking & light rowing

Goals/Day/Comments: Made great progress with the schedule challenges yesterday. Alternate route (10 miles out of the way) and distanced drop off/pick up point for Landen (Office Depot 5 blocks from school) definitely gave me hope. Still not enough to survive responsibilities without fizzling us all out but we’ll get there. Stress triggered a snacking influx and reduction of water intake but I caught myself.

“In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 18 August
    Exercise: yes

Good thing for the intentional exercise in the morning because my butt was glued to the chair all day. 🖥️ I only got about 3,000 steps for the day. 😕 And my butt is numb. 😯

Happy Friday y'all and here's to a better day all around! 👍🍹🌞