TEAM: The Belly Flats (September)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited November 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.

Replies

• TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Username: TypingToaster
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday August 27st (one day early)
    Previous weight: 324.1
    Current weight: 322.2

Lost 1.9 pounds
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Weekend Everyone! My name is Teresa, and am one of 3 co-captains, yes it takes a team, since there are times that we sometimes get swamped with work or just overwhelmed with life! I was absent for most of July and all of August, but I am jumping back into the pool with both feet for September and onward.

I read through some of the August posts and it is really good to see that this group is busy posting, many with their daily updates. I will be back posting more myself.

A little bit about me... I am 63, a Mom to 2 adult sons, and married to a wonderful man. We are both pretty much homebodies, but do enjoy our extended family, our Friday night bowling league. Hubby is a very good, competitive bowler, me, I am happy to not drop the ball on my foot! :s

I am very busy with work, that has a long commute (1 hr/each way), and a couple of side jobs that I do in the early morning hours and weekends. I enjoy spending time with family, friends, morning walks, our rescue kitties, cooking (and eating), reading and TV.

Please jump in and tell us a little about yourself. I also encourage you to post here often, I think it helps with staying focused and on-track. Or just post a silly story/joke, as I hear laughing burns lots of calories! :D

I will be w/in on Saturdays. My starting weight: Aug 27 = 175.2 :/
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Dheliason
    September week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 160.0
  • pauletzl
    pauletzl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Paul in 48 yrs old married to an amazing and supportive wife. I’ve always tired to workout but recently I’ve had health issues arise and have been more focused then ever to get healthy again. I’ve made a long term goal of getting down to 210 pounds. I’m new to this program and I’m very excited to do this. I do have a few questions. If I weigh in on Fridays will my first official weigh in be September 2nd? Also do I just post everything here? Thanks for your time and help. Looking forward to a great month at loosing weight and getting healthy.
    Pauletzl
    Weight as of august 29th : 239.2
    My weigh in is on Fridays.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @pauletzl Welcome Paul! Yes this is where you post. Your first weigh-in post will be this Friday, Sep 2nd. Good Luck!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Happy Day to all of you! Here is a little reminder to post your 1st week's weigh-ins here:

Sunday, Aug 28th
    @Starfruit98
    @TypingToaster - Got it! Nice Loss!
    @WA_Teacher

Monday, Aug 29th
    @dheliason - Wow nice start and almost into the 150's!

Wednesday, Aug 31st
    @cormierannie
    @pkg1998

Thursday, Sep 1st
    @tslose

Friday, Sep 2nd
    @carenwilson1983
    @frankwbrown
    @pauletzl
    @UnicornMermaidMom

Saturday, Sep 3rd
    @Colleen790
    I will be post on Saturday's also

Let's see it, the good, bad and ???
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

First I’d like to welcome our new members - @tslose and @pauletzl - glad you are with us. We’d love to get to know you better and would like to know what you hope to get from the group so we can support you anyway we can.

I am Pam (another co-captain). I am almost 52 (Friday - Happy early Birthday to me). I am a working empty nester living with my husband, our lab - Mazie, and the most adorable mini dachshund you have ever seen - Oliver. I want to lose weight to be healthier and have less pain. I had Achilles’ tendon surgery last year and still have days when I feel like I’m not fully recovered and I know my weight plays a part in that.

I joined the group to get accountability, encouragement and motivation perhaps with some humor and friendship worked in as well.

Let’s work together to make September the best month yet for Belly Flats and ourselves.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Daily Update - Monday, 8/29/22

Track: yes
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: elliptical 15 mins, walk 15 mins
  • pauletzl
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Good morning my name is Paul. I’m 48 soon to be 49 on September 9th. I am married to a amazing and supportive wife. I’ve always struggle with my weight but recently have had some health issues because of being over weight. Since then I’ve been very motivated to get to my goal weight of 210 pounds. I saw this group and thought why not give it a try. Being in a group setting will help me get more motivated to get to my goal weight. I’m looking forward to a fun and challenging month. I plan on doing this month after month till I can reach my goal weight and beyond. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    pauletzl wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Good morning my name is Paul. I’m 48 soon to be 49 on September 9th. I am married to a amazing and supportive wife. I’ve always struggle with my weight but recently have had some health issues because of being over weight. Since then I’ve been very motivated to get to my goal weight of 210 pounds. I saw this group and thought why not give it a try. Being in a group setting will help me get more motivated to get to my goal weight. I’m looking forward to a fun and challenging month. I plan on doing this month after month till I can reach my goal weight and beyond. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey.

Welcome to another September baby - we are some of the best :D . Good luck and if there is anything we can do to help you with your goal, let us know.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Daily Update - Tuesday, 8/30/22

Calories: way over
    Exercise: none intentional

My husband went out of town unexpectedly yesterday and, for some reason, that always throws my plans out the window. Don't want to cook and just want to eat all the junk! This week has not started off well at all. Goal for today is to just get back on track without doing anything too dramatic.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Hi Team... for those of that like the daily accountability, please post and let us know how your day went, something like this. This is mine from yesterday, I usually post the next day, because I am usually too tired to post at night. But feel free to do whatever works for you.

Daily Update - Tue, Aug 30

Calories: under
    Exercise: 40 min walk, 10,426 steps
    Comments: I forgot my already packed (in the fridge) lunch, 2 days in a row! Lucky for me I usually have a stash of food at work. So I had a protein drink for breakfast. Skipped lunch, had to take my Son for an urgent eye appt. Stopped off at Costco on the way home and p/up garden salads with chicken for dinner. I was happy with my choice, as my hubby had mentioned earlier in the day that he wanted an easy take-out night, as it has been very hot here in S. California. Our normal would have been Chipotle, Panda Express or In-Out-Burger.

Reminder to self - <<< DON'T FORGET YOUR LUNCH TODAY >>>
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Okay, so I've been thinking it was August week 5 instead of September week 1, so here's this week's dailies:

Daily Post: Sunday, August 28
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes (🤽‍♂️54 min; 🚶‍♂️2.17 mi/38 min; 👣11,113 steps)

Daily Post: Monday, August 29
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️47 min; 💪12 min; 🤽‍♂️63 min; 🚶‍♂️3.09 mi/64 min; 👣14,855 steps)

Daily Post: Tuesday, August 30
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️yoga:49 min; 🚶‍♂️walk:8.39 mi / 187 min; 👣21,766 steps)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Changed it up a little today: no swimming or water aerobics, but I took two good walks.
    There were two reasons for the extra walk yesterday. I have a friend who is going to walk part of the Camino De Santiago in September. He's been trying to convince me to go. I don't think I'm ready for that much walking, but I thought I'd make an effort toward becoming able. The second reason is: my Garmin watch gives me monthly challenges. There's always one challenge to walk 30 miles during the month, which I always do. But in August, I joined two other challenges: 1) record 4 hours of hiking activities, and 2) record 50 miles of running activities. Doing all three would have required a total walk/hike/run distance of ~90 miles. On Tuesday, I knew there was no way for me to complete the 50 miles of running, so I left that challenge. That left me with only 1.1 hours of hiking and 4.6 miles of walking, so I hiked 3.7 miles in the morning and walked 4.7 miles in the evening, finishing both challenges a day early. Today I'll be taking it easy walking-wise, I think. 😫🤣

• pauletzl
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a good day.
    Yesterday activity:
    Walk/run - 3.69 miles- 587 active calories
    Strength training- 20 minutes - 130 active calories
    Total steps - 13,794

Need a little help. I have an iPhone 11 and I’m having trouble adding pictures to my post. I go to the picture symbol then I go to my photo library select a photo then push add and nothing shows up on my post. If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong please let me know. Thanks for your help.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @pauletzl sorry I have a Samsung phone, not too familiar with the iPhones.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    pauletzl wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a good day.
    Yesterday activity:
    Walk/run - 3.69 miles- 587 active calories
    Strength training- 20 minutes - 130 active calories
    Total steps - 13,794

Need a little help. I have an iPhone 11 and I’m having trouble adding pictures to my post. I go to the picture symbol then I go to my photo library select a photo then push add and nothing shows up on my post. If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong please let me know. Thanks for your help.

I have an Android phone, not iPhone, but I have a suggestion. You might need to be patient. With larger photos, it can take some time to load, and it won't appear to be doing anything. Give it a minute or two, maybe three. If that doesn't work, then... I don't know. 🤷‍♂️

These two photos (I'm bragging a bit! 😊) took nearly a minute each, with high speed internet:
    5z4wrbapfr68.jpg
    h9cmoinafcim.jpg

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,452 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    weigh in day wednesday
    pw: 143 pounds
    cw: 142 pounds
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @frankwbrown WOW gorgeous photo! Not much nature around where I live... need to take a bit of drive to get out into nature. Which did you do, 1/2 marathon, 10k or 5k?
  • frankwbrown
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @frankwbrown WOW gorgeous photo! Not much nature around where I live... need to take a bit of drive to get out into nature. Which did you do, 1/2 marathon, 10k or 5k?
    I only did the 10k (actually 6.29 miles), and it took me 2:23 to do it. That photo is of the most picturesque section, it wasn't all like that. There were a lot of climbs and descents that really slowed me down. But I want to do another; I might try hiking the half marathon next time.
    (Most places I want to walk/hike are a bit of a drive for me too... oh well 🤷‍♂️)
This discussion has been closed.