Introduction

Options
Hello! I am currently on a journey to find out who I am after suffering from PTSD from serving as a nurse during the COVID pandemic . My life was not only in shambles, but unmanageable. I found myself slipping away into depression and isolation; my fuel sugary caffeinated drinks and compassion. I found myself empty and broken.

Currently, my journey has brought me to a cross-road with two decisions; life or death. I chose life. I choose life. I detoxed my body from all foreign entities and began clean, healthy eating in addition to rigorous exercise. I have shifted my focus to take care of me and fall in love with the person in the mirror. I am hoping to find supportive individuals to not only motivate me, but keep me accountable.

I hope you all find what you are searching for in your journey. Namaste

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you chose LIFE and I wish you well on your journey. Taking care of your self is the first priority. You've got this!!!
  • Milliesaurus24
    Milliesaurus24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Is it ok if I add you as a friend?
  • teelabrown7
    teelabrown7 Posts: 727 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Great decision! Clean eating and exercise should really help you! Im glad you found this group! Keep healing and growing.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Is it ok if I add you as a friend?

@Milliesaurus24 Absolutely!!!!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    fellow nurse here, I totally relate to you. Just remember it will take time and effort but you got this. It is not simply weight loss it is a HEALTH journey. Even as health professionals we must get back to the basics and get ourselves together so that we may care for others.