What makes you to OVEREAT?

Options

Replies

• kamaboko1
    kamaboko1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Stressed and when I want to feel better. It's a vicious cycle because getting fatter can create stress and the need to feel better brings us back to food.
  • AlexDH1208
    AlexDH1208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I overeat whenever I get something I've deprived myself of or whenever I don't feel happy or when I'm too tired to tell myself no...thus, I overeat a lot.
  • GwynLeder
    GwynLeder Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I used to over eat when I was suffering from depression --- I got counseling and no longer am depressed. I was also stressed quite a bit because I had financial issues, which are now solved. I am now working on my weight
  • Willardpcook
    Willardpcook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only becoming aware that I am an overeater. I have been able to overeat with out serious weight consequences but as I get older it is becoming more of a problem. Sometimes I will sit at the dinner table and the food is in front of me and its good so I eat. And then I realize the consequences of over eating. Not sleeping well is one. But I think the main thing is that I can't say NO. I need to stop eating after I have had enough. One plate of food is often enough, a second helping, okay maybe but a third NO. practicing saying no is what it is for me.
  • aberlaine9
    aberlaine9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with depression most of my life. Lately, it's under control. But I'm beginning to feel depressed about living with Covid (I'm 77 years old). I'm vaxxed and boosted, but still worry. And when I begin to doubt myself, I eat. And eat. And eat.
  • defiant63
    defiant63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Cheyenneandco said!!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat when I’m bored, stressed or depressed. I can’t eat anything when I’m worried or anxious e.g before an interview or when I have to speak in public. I wish I could have those feelings when my stomach is sealed instead
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Really focusing on picking up something to do with my hands in the evening to replace snacking/nibbles/glass of wine. This is the quiet time where I believe I subconsciously worry about any big or little thing and turn to food to calm the worry.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Really focusing on picking up something to do with my hands in the evening to replace snacking/nibbles/glass of wine. This is the quiet time where I believe I subconsciously worry about any big or little thing and turn to food to calm the worry.
    I do the same thing at night time, it’s like it gets dark and then my snack monster wakes up. Lol I have to put myself to bed early and then I find I don’t wander to the kitchen for a snack every 20 minutes lol
  • Headed2Goal
    Headed2Goal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just joined group. I eat for every emotion
  • aclyles89
    aclyles89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing at night time, it’s like it gets dark and then my snack monster wakes up. Lol I have to put myself to bed early and then I find I don’t wander to the kitchen for a snack every 20 minutes lol

I have the worst cravings at night, it's such a battle fighting my inner snack monster with logic!
  • stoneheronjewelry
    Options
    My biggest struggles are stress and depression. I also have a really strong cravings overeat urge. Craving a scoop of ice cream and I'm stressed from work? There goes a pint or more! So, my challenge is to reign those in. I also tend to "mindlessly" snack at work. There's always cookies or crackers out.
  • Wyndyc2
    Wyndyc2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm angry. Especially with my hubby.
  • kmcintosh1988
    kmcintosh1988 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I overeat for too many reasons to count. It’s my drug of choice I always say. Food never judges me. Food makes me feel good. It helps when I’m stressed, sad, overwhelmed, bored, when I feel unheard and my best friend when I’m happy. I love sweets and I crave them. Sweets and salty. I can’t keep anything in the house because if I do I’ll eat it until it’s gone. I kid myself by saying my grandkids would love those brownies just so I feel good about me purchasing them and I eat them latter. Ohh they may get some. But I do too. That’s the problem. I need to be honest with myself. I need to make changes that fuel my body. Food I need to realize isn’t my friend.
  • HKHill15
    HKHill15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I overeat when I’m happy or said stressed or bord. I eat all my husband’s snacks when we argue which doesn’t hurt anyone but me. When my anxiety is bad musty at night I tend to eat as well. I’ve been setting mealtime alarms and that’s helped the night munchies a little and I’m talking to my husband about how I’m feeling more so I can get a handle on the vindictive eating.
  • g4ytgm4yq5
    g4ytgm4yq5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stress makes me over eat. I especially go for anything sweet. Doesn’t really take the stress away
  • church_amanda
    church_amanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let's see. I over eat when I'm: happy, bored, sad, guilty, and stressed.

Being at work is the absolute worst. I feel like as long as no one at home sees me eat the candy or have a piece of cake, or enjoy the pot luck, or even take myself out to lunch and order whatever I want, then it really didn't happen. Only it did happen so then I start to feel guilty because now I feel like I'm hiding something from my family.

When I'm at home, its not nearly as bad because we do not buy snacks at all and we eat relatively healthy on most days. Exception is when kids have school activities and we get home late (then hello pizza night).

My goal to stop over eating is through meal prep and nutrition coaching. My weight has been a roller coaster ride for all of my adult life. So looking forward to resetting my mind, body, and soul in this process and get back to living my life without fear of eating and what that will do to me.
  • msmichlle0607
    msmichlle0607 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What makes me overeat is any type of meats . I am a proud food addiction survivor. To why I say that is I’ve worked so hard to beat the addiction I battled since I was 12 years old . The only foods I’m down to is vegetables is a certain type. I will eat out of emotion absolutely. Currently I have gained 15 pounds due to medical reason . The cardiologist is investigating. It has been mentally damaging to me we’re I have been eating more because I’m so depressed of how fat I am.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I overeat in the evenings when my husband and I watch TV together. He has been the same weight his whole life. He eats at night! Almost every night on the sofa while watching TV. He likes to make popcorn on the stove. It is torture with him sitting here eating popcorn, chewing loudly, moving his hand from the bowl to his mouth every one to two seconds. The smell is so good. Even the dogs partake in the almost nightly popcorn. Ugh.
    Oh, sometimes it is cookies and milk. Whatever it is, I'm already done eating and logging for the day. I go to the bathroom and cry. My stomach growls while he eats. It is so hard. It doesn't seem fair. My pulse goes up. I resist most nights. Geez.
  • JennFit5K
    JennFit5K Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I live alone so it's easy for me to just graze. I eat out of boredom.