Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    @happysquidmuffin - I felt/feel the exact same way. I usually ignore or delete any requests from men. Mostly bc I used to post before and after in my undies or bikini and I totally didnโ€™t have the body to be showing off, then it was just out of respect to my husband. @19shmoo69 - Darren is the only lucky fella to have made it onto my friends list ๐Ÿ˜‚ thatโ€™s bc heโ€™s one of our group here and he makes me laugh!!!

@TeresaW1020 - Iโ€™m glad you got to spend time with your sister sorry it was under stressful circumstances but glad mostly all is well with your niece. So sorry for more and more negative news. Iโ€™m not sure how you deal with it all but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

@trooworld - Thank you for posting another challenge. I kept up with quite a few of my long list from last month. The one Iโ€™m bummed I messed up on was hitting my step goal everyday. I missed a day fairly early on so I didnโ€™t strive as hard as I couldโ€™ve the rest of the time. I might look into a different steps app really quick maybe that will give me renewed motivation!

My Count Down to Halloween Committment is going to beโ€ฆ.

1). 10,000 steps every single day
    2). Hike at least 5 times this month
    3). Stay consistent with the 4 BB workouts each week

Hereโ€™s to a great October everyone!!! My 14th Wedding Anniversary is on the 25th, if we make it that long ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope to be in the lower 180โ€™s!!!

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Aaah! Somehow I missed a whole page of posts??!!

@DrewsAnna Hello! This challenge group has been great for me - this was my first month here and I had a blitzer. Next month will be slower because Iโ€™m away for half of it, but Iโ€™m still going to be here because everyone is so supportive and it definitely helps keep me on track to come here every day and report in.

@happysquidmuffin Nah, Iโ€™m with you - it is totally creepy and inappropriate - keep deleting them.

@TeresaW1020 Good morning ๐Ÿ‘‹. Another day another discovery - but information is power (I believe). Sooner or later it all will come together to give you a complete picture and itโ€™s all steps towards successful management. That said, gosh it must be stressful and exhausting for you. So glad you got to sit and relax with your sister, even if it did take a hurricane to do it!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@trooworld Gah! I have not even considered that today being the end of one monthly challenge means I have to pick up and start another one !!๐Ÿ˜‚. I was just so happy to be finishing this month strongly then focusing on my trip away. Actually that IS my next challenge - hmm, I can definitely work some specific goals around that - will report back later. Thanks for the prompt ๐Ÿ‘

@shaunarlr83 Hahahahaha- at first glance over your comment to TeresaW I read that as โ€œI do love Joeโ€ with lots of exclamation marks, and thought for a second I had missed somethingโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜‚. Glad youโ€™ve settled on a location - once that is done you can start planning the fun stuff ๐Ÿ˜Š

@GabiV125 Happy Anniversary!! I like your use of the word โ€œballastโ€ ๐Ÿ˜

Have to run - happy Friday everyone (or just me, all alone on this side of the worldโ€ฆ.). Happy whatever day it is for you ๐Ÿ˜
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    I feel pretty good. Hubby wanted nachos for dinner so, I made him nachos and I had a taco salad. I feel like that is a huge win, normally I would've totally binged on those nachos. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @GabiV125 happy anniversary!

@trooworld Those vending machines are awful, they're hard to avoid! At the gas station by one job and always found a reason to go for a walk so I could โ€œtreatโ€ myself for finishing projects. I had a really :goodโ€ way I used to make my not-fun medical trips fun with food, have to go to the ER I'd get a soda and a candy bar from the machines when I was done and candy from CVS when I got my medication and one doctor's office I'd always stop at Starbucks, being diabetic put a monkey wrench in my reward system! I can laugh now at how clueless I was but know the lure of those dumb machines.

@happysquidmuffin Well that's a great SV for sure! I'm curious what the NSV was? Just read about the friend requests, it's a mixed bag, there were a bunch of scammers claiming to be stationed overseas usually with a dead wife and a child a family member is taking care of, what comes after that is wanting a gift card or money because their cards aren't working and they can't send money to their child. I DO have some good guy friends on here so I consider them and check to see what they have on their profile page and if we have similar friends. I got a lot of those when I put a picture up and frankly find it annoying to have to do the Recaptcha's to answer a one word email so I end up not replying. I think some have an ulterior motive looking for a woman or to scam money and there are some who want genuine friends who just tend to be awkward. If you put having a husband in your profile or have a picture of you two that might help a bit. I actually just unfriended a woman who kept posting pictures then saying how lonely she was and wanted men to comment on them. I'm here for health only so not interested in any of that and that's how most people here are.

@shuanarlr83 I hope all your Florida friends are okay, it's pretty scary. New Orleans sounds wonderful, I was there ages ago and spent a full day taking pictures in the graveyards at all the beautiful headstones and artwork, it was pretty fascinating. I stayed with a friend closer to Baton Rouge but we spent a night in New Orleans before I flew out, I wish I'd had more time. Do you have any anniversary plans for your 14th?

@DrewsAnna Any friend of Shauna's is a friend of ours, look forward to getting to know you! I'm glad you're here, it's hard not to gain with health issues but hope you'll be able to get them under control and stay as healthy as possible.

@trooworld I love your challenge sign, that's awesome!
    1. Meditating/listening to calming music
    2. 2. Keep trying to up sets and reps as I'm struggling going up lbs
    3. Take stretching slower

@TeresaW1020 It must have been very hard for both you and your sister not to be able to help her daughter, I'm glad she was able to get through to you two and have your support. Geez Joe's going through it, I always have you all in my prayers!

@Tamevv I love how you're feeling so positive about where you are that you're feeling better about the trip. I'm so happy you're doing this well, I know it's a little scary and like you I didn't really think I'd do it but you've proved to yourself you can and know what you're doing. A trip may set you back a little but you know what to do when you get back!

Hi team! Spent most the day resting, I was asked to do a little more on the project but said I needed a few days to rest so she said she'd have someone else do it. I was in so much pain I couldn't make sense of it this morning and let her know I was resting the next few days and turned my phone off for a few hours, not very good conflict resolution skills there but when I'm feeling so bad I can't make sense of anything and am overwhelmed I need no phones, no music, etc and just downtime. I looked at what she asked a little while ago and I think it would've taken 5 minutes if I'd been doing a little better earlier and had understood but that's fine, I'm glad it's over with now. Worked out this morning (long stretching time for my back) then spent the rest of the day reading and sleeping and taking a long bath and I'm doing a little better tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to get some pumpkin goodies at Trader Joe's and get my grocery shopping done, haven't had a chance to do it this week. I took a screenshot of my Oct goals since I always seem to forget one! Have a great Friday!
  • shaunarlr83
    @Tamevv - Iโ€™m so happy for you!!! Thereโ€™s nothing quite like loving your own progress, the process get daunting at times but the rewards are great!!! I hope you can check in on your trip if not Iโ€™m excited to hear about it later!

@Katmary71 - we are planning a 3 or 4 day trip to our land in Arizona, we are taking a camper and just going to enjoy the quiet. Iโ€™ll probably run off and hike ๐Ÿ˜‚ I bought some tickets to Billy Bobs in Texas the following weekend to see one of his favorite singers in concert, Iโ€™ll surprise him with them later on!

@TeresaW1020 - I forgot to respond about the high crime, oddly that was actually my first thought when it popped in my mind. Iโ€™m always aware of my surroundings and cautious but never really nervous or worried about going places alone, I thought about it a bit and just have to take the same approach that I do with hiking, ask God for his protection and then enjoy my trip. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I walk alone around a ton of truck stops and I know many people would never do that alone ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m guess Iโ€™m fairly brave or maybe just too trusting! ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@DrewsAnna - great job resisting the nachos!!! Not eating everything my husband eats is one of the hardest obstacles Iโ€™ve had to learn to overcome. A taco salad sounds really amazing right now! ๐Ÿ˜

Today was a bit of a hohum day! After starting it off so great we took a nap and I ended up waking up and eating out alone. Walked as much of the area around this truck stop as I could to hit my steps. I caught up on all of my September goal recaps and Iโ€™m kicking myself for not bringing my laptop, I planned on just posting the pictures. Hubs slept most of the day and was in a bad mood for much of the time he was awake. Itโ€™s hard to ignore the stress in your life when youโ€™re trapped in a box on wheels with it ๐Ÿคฃ We will reload tomorrow and have plenty of extra time to get to Texas to unload Monday! Iโ€™m really hoping for a hiking opportunity. Canโ€™t wait to wear my new boots!!!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all. I had a cold this week :s looking forward to next week B)

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:227.7
    CW:231.4
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 244
    CW: 245
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 229.2
    CW: 229.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes!!! I thought so, too. I often wish I was going faster but progress is progress. I'm glad your sister's daughter and her family are okay. Poor Joe, that man has really went through it, hasn't he? I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and Joe. <3

@happysquidmuffin I think that's a reasonable action. I actually am so afraid of bots that I don't accept friends requests from anyone unless I've seen them interact on a message board. Otherwise, I ignore the request.

@DrewsAnna Again, welcome to the team!!! Glad you are here. Taco salads are so yummy, great decision and great NSV!

@Tamevv Congrats on the loss! Woo hoo! That's awesome you are so close to your first goal. You've got this! The end of the last challenge was on Sept 22nd, it was only until the first day of fall. :D But it's good you finished the month strong!

@shaunarlr83 You did awesome at the last challenge, and I have no doubt you will do awesome at the October one! Great goals. I hope you get your hiking opportunity and I hope your new boots are comfy!

@Katmary71 They are! The trick is bringing enough APPEALING snacks with me to work lol. Those machines do sing a siren song lol, I don't blame you for rewarding yourself but am glad you found better ways to deal now. Great goals for the challenge. I'm glad you stood your ground on the additional work on the project. You took care of yourself and that was needed, hugs to you. LOL I know what you mean about forgetting your goals, I need to take a screenshot of mine!

@davidji82 I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

Hi all. I basically maintained this week, it's not ideal but I guess I could have had a bigger gain. I ate pasta last night so that may have been the issue. I have a busy day in the office today so I need to get going. Have a good day!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to changeโ€ฆso I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    I remembered what I was going to post about! I get several MFP friend requests a month (sometimes in a week) from guys I donโ€™t know. If I accept, they always message me some short hello/how are you doing, and when I reply, they always by the 2nd or third message tell me Iโ€™m fit and beautiful or just beautiful. And then I ghost them and never respond back. Because Iโ€™m happily married and I just donโ€™t know how or cannot accept being told Iโ€™m beautiful by some guy I donโ€™t know. I just automatically assume they have an ulterior motive and I have zero interest in having another word with them. Is this a reasonable reaction? Should I not even accept their friend requests in the first place? /semi-rant

You're reaction is totally reasonable. I've received similar request/message from women. If they go nutso then I unfriend them and delete the messages.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @shaunarlr83 โ€“ Nawlins! How fun! Iโ€™ve always wanted to visit there. My nieceโ€™s fatherโ€™s side is from there. She and her husband plan on doing a vow renewal next year and briefly thought about using the backyard of a family plantation that is right on the bayou. Then she did a complete 180 and now itโ€™s going to be in the mountains of Colorado :)
    @trooworld โ€“ Iโ€™m so sorry I totally forgot to tell you I tried that Chile Verde Chickpea recipe you shared. So it was the first time I ever used tomatillos. That was fun skinning them. I donโ€™t usually care for verde salsa, but now that Iโ€™ve made it fresh myself I am hooked! So delicious! I ate it over brown rice. The only negative was that it was a lot of work but only made 4 one-cup servings. I will definitely double the recipe next time. Thank you oodles & bunches!
    Alls quiet on the home front. TOM finally took a hike this morning, so hopefully Iโ€™ll see a slight decrease on the scale this Sunday. My Fort Myers family lost power and water, but the power was restored fairly quickly yesterday. They got their water back today. Thankfully they only lost some trees and all their houses are fine.
    I am ready for the next 31 days with my Countdown to Halloween Commitments:
    1. Take a walk each evening before my 31 Nights of Halloween movie.
    2. Log everything.
    3. Eat actual meals for dinner instead of grazing all evening.
    Gotta get back to work! I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
    50x50 & NO ZERO DAYS!
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    @trooworld i want to change my weigh in day to friday for October challenge.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Thanks, I think I will try to change my profile pic to one with me and my husband. And add that he exists in my profile so it's more obvious lol.

My October goals:
    1. 11K steps/day avg every week by continuing to walk/run every weekday morning.
    2. No after-dinner sugar binges!
    3. Don't let myself get thangry*!

*I get irrationally angry when I get thirsty. Thirsty for me feels like an emergency. This also usually leads to me overeating. It's the thirsty version of hangry.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 congrats NANA on the baby girl.

Grandpa joke.

I ordered an egg and a chicken from Amazon, I'll let you know.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The October team chat is open! Hop on over to (re)introduce yourselves, and set goals and intentions for the new month.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874907/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-october-2022/p1?new=1

Please continue to weigh in here for final September stats through Saturday night. Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The new month's habit tracker is also up and running. Give it a try and see how much fun all those little green checkmarks can be :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874909/habit-tracker-october-2022/p1?new=1
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Sounds like a fun anniversary for sure! You're doing some awesome hikes, that's a really great way to explore where you're going. Does your husband ever hike with you.

@davidji82 I hope you feel better!

@trooworld Hey with a birthday maintaining is great, and especially with pasta the night before! By any chance did I get the recommendation Under The Whispering Door from you? I started it last night and I'm already 20% in. My last book was about Italy during Mussolini and I had a nightmare the Nazis came for me and I was hiding in my room while they stared through the window after finishing it, this one is exactly what I need after that one though it was excellent. Thank you about sticking up for myself with the job, it was hard for me to do as I wanted to make her happy but I was feeling really bad.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That chile verde chickpea recipe sounds good, I need to make a folder with just recipes from all of you instead of bookmarking them because I forget where they came from and I know the ones from all of you are good for sure! So glad your family is safe. I was just looking at horror movies on Peacock, have you ever watched any on there? There's a lot of old ones I don't remember seeing but probably have, I get it for free with Comcast so I'll have to check them out.

@happysquidmuffin Are you able to keep water bottles with you? If I have one around I'll drink it more often plus I started making herbal teas or lemon mint water so they actually taste good, it helps a lot.

@19shmoo69 Definitely let us know!

Hi team, end of September and here comes October! I'm 51 today, I went shopping at Trader Joe's and people have really snatched up all the seasonal stuff, I'd narrowed down my list to just a few seasonal things and only got two things I really wanted out of about 10 but found other goodies, I was ready to throw a tantrum in the store then especially when I came home and saw all the items being sold on Ebay already for double the price! I got more autumn tea but only two boxes because I'm nice and leave some for everyone else. Mmmmhmm, shame on them. So did my โ€œfunโ€ grocery shopping then Walmart pickup for staples and huge Epsom salt bags for my baths and have been resting. Bill and I were going to watch something and have a โ€œdateโ€ night where we watch the same thing but he's on call and was called out so I'm catching up here instead. I have the food bank farm and volunteer BBQ tomorrow then Sunday's my birthday family celebration going to a local Mexican food restaurant (the one that had the salsa competition there). Have a great weekend everyone! Definitely feeling very blessed this year (last year I was waiting for my ex-boyfriend to get the heck out of here and it was pretty miserable), it's been hard as far as pain but I'm definitely so much happier.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 193.8
    CW: 198.6
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all :) I think I'm starting to navigate on here better with my phone, whew... lol, thank goodness. I've seen a lot of you doing this so, here's mine.

โœ” workout or walk 5X's per week.
    โœ” start using resistance bands 3X's per week.
    โœ” 10,000 steps 6X's per week.
    โœ” eat at least 10 veggies per day.

Lol, during football season I likebto have Sundays as a rest day.

I tried using the habit tracker but, I just kept getting a message about MFP not responding. So, I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe, I'll do it on my laptop instead.

@happysquidmuffin I like "thangry" that is super cute ๐Ÿ˜…

There was a someone else I wanted to respond to but now I don't know who it was. Lol, I think it was Shauna that mentioned a cheat sheet lol, definitely understand now ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming. I'm super excited to be here.

Y'all have a great day!!

• shaunarlr83

@vegan4lyfe2012 - That will be beautiful, do you plan on going!? I was actually planning a winter mountain wedding but we ended up rushing to it and did Vegas in October ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that should have told me what my life would look like from there on out! I love love how how you plan to walk each night BEFORE relaxing with a great scary movie!!! Fantastic goal!!

@Katmary71 - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿคฉ Whew that came quick!!! I was still thinking it was almost a week away!? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Where has the time gone? Thank you and yes he hikes occasionally. We have two completely different hiking styles, he hates popular places and trails, he would rather hike straight up a mountain than follow the trail around and enjoy the journey. Weโ€™ve had some great adventures together but I have to lose the idea that we will hike โ€œmilesโ€โ€ฆ. Once I tricked him into 12 miles, he ended up with horrible huge blisters, I had no idea his boots were in such horrible shape. He wasnโ€™t mad but I felt awful and still do so I never ask him to hike very far anymore!

@DrewsAnna - Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™re getting the hang of it! Did you see weโ€™re jumping to the October thread!? Iโ€™m posting both places just to be sure!! Yep I definitely need that cheat sheet most days, someone told me to write the response in notes or something and copy and paste, itโ€™s a lifesaver!! ๐Ÿ˜…

Thank you all so much for motivating me!! I had a great month!! Wish I could post my pictures of my charts here but if your my friend you probably have already seen me blowing up the newsfeed!!! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜บ๏ธ

โ‡๏ธSpecific goals for this month wereโ€ฆ.

โ‡๏ธLog all food, be under MFP calorie goal daily!
    โ›”๏ธ๐™ณ๐š’๐š ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š—๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐š˜๐š—๐š๐š‘, ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š‹๐š’๐š ๐š˜๐š•๐šŽ ๐š–๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ.

โ‡๏ธTry my best to fast a minimum of 15 hours.
    ๐Ÿ•ฐ ๐˜โ€˜๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด. ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ. ๐˜˜๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ.

โ‡๏ธDrink 14 cups of water
    ๐Ÿ’ฏ% ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ป ๐Ÿ…ฒ๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ†‚ = 440

โ‡๏ธBurn minimum 600 calories (my September watch goal had me trying for a total of 23,600 calories
    ๐Ÿ’ฏ% goal hit today!!!

โ‡๏ธExercise minimum 30 mins. daily even if itโ€™s just a slow easy walk!
    โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…โœ…

โ‡๏ธHit 10,000 steps everyday!
    โ›”๏ธ only did 19 out of 30 days

โ‡๏ธ 1 Hike a week
    โ›”๏ธแดษดสŸส แดแด€ษดแด€ษขแด‡แด… 2 สœษชแด‹แด‡s แด›สœษชs แดแดษดแด›สœ ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    โ‡๏ธ 2 Beachbody workouts
    ๐Ÿฅณ Was shooting for 8 and ended up getting in exactly 8
    โ‡๏ธ 3x a week - 100 reps of standing push ups and squats.
    โ›”๏ธDropped this when I remembered my BOD Coach put out the daily challenge! I was ๐Ÿ’ฏ% on that though! ๐Ÿคฉ
This discussion has been closed.